5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Hunters Season 2 Part 2!!!!
Here is a list of the episodes on Ghost Hunters Part 2 Season 2.

EP1:Mansfield, Ohio- They investigate a prison that was used in the movie "The Shawshank Redemption" and the house where the Lizzie Bordon Murders took place.

Published on June 29, 2006 by Kevin L

2.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the show - HATE the poorly made DVD's
Published on September 30, 2006 by Jennifer 28

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Hunters Season 2 Part 2!!!!, June 29, 2006
Kevin L (Keizer, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
Here is a list of the episodes on Ghost Hunters Part 2 Season 2.

EP2:Eureka Springs, Ark-They investigate a one of most haunted hotels in America and go to a mediums house where they make a rare discovery.

EP3:Louisville, KY-Taps goes to a hospital where more then 63,000 people have died.

EP4:Holliston, Mass- They go to a house with a frightened child and mother. Then they investigate the Palladium Theater.

EP5:Canandaigua, NY- The team goes to Jason's Hometown to investigate two homes for a haunting.

EP6:Evansville, IND- They help two brothers who are afraid of their home and they investigate the Willard Libary.

EP7:NJ- First htey go to a home then they go to a music school called Hartford Conservatory.

EP8:St. Augustine, FLA- They go to a Flordia Lighthouse where they find some stunning evidence of paranormal activity.

EP9:St. Augustine, FLA- They go to a haunted diner and then to the St. John's County Jail

EP10:Guthrie, OKLA- They investigate a haunted inn. and help a guy who thinks the spirt is holding him captive in his home.

EP11:Estes Park, COLO- They go to the Stanley Hotel witch inspired Steven King to write "The Shining."

This is going to be a DVD that you want to have if your interested in the paranormal. Even if you seen these episodes on tv, it still is something you want to get. This DVD also includes a never before seen investigation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Audio And Video Quality Aside, This Is A Nice Set, September 27, 2006
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
"Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2," is actually composed of episodes from SciFi channel's Season 3. It includes some very recognizable hotspots such as the Lizzie Borden house, the prison used in "The Shawshank Redemption" and the heavily viewed Willard Library. Much like the "Season 2, Part 1" set, this DVD set suffers from poor audio and grainy video. With that said, however, Big Vision has remedied the problem they had with the first season's DVD set, which was that the DVD's came loose during shipping or the case was easily damaged from the factory to the front door of the customer. The new cases that are used for Season 2 are wonderful, and seem to have been developed by the guys who came up with childproof medicine bottles.

The shows are wonderful to watch, especially the St. Augustine Lighthouse episode in which the TAPS team comes up with some amazing evidence. I'm always impressed with the professionalism and seriousness exuded by the TAPS squad. Sure, the team often bickers over things too much, but it's due to this bickering that they come up with such strong evidence. I've always pictured the team's founders, Jason Hawes and Grant Wilson, as a good cop/bad cop duo. Grant seems to be the quiet, understanding type, whereas Jason is just a stubborn mule. The interaction between these two and the rest of the team makes for great television, even if they don't come up with any great evidence on some cases.

Overall, I'd say that this DVD set is worthy of purchase. Sure, the audio and video are somewhat annoying at times, but this is more than made up for by the actual episodes and the sometimes giddy joy displayed by members of TAPS when they find some sort of evidence that gives them hope for their cause.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Vision has remastered the Season 2 sets!, July 19, 2007
10/14/07 UPDATE:
The remastered DVDs finally arrived, but they were worth the wait. The audio on the discs is still a little louder than average, but the distortion is gone. If you were waiting to pick these up until the audio problems had been fixed, you should be safe to pick up your copy now. The show has finally gotten the DVD release that it has deserved all along...

--------------------

This was recently posted to Jason Hawes' Myspace site. Big Vision has heard our complaints, and is moving to rectify the situation...

"Dear Ghost Hunters Fans:

First, we would like to apologize for the issues with the Season 2 DVDs. We have just completed remastering them and will be replacing your copies free of charge and you do not even have to send the ones you have back.

They new copies will be available in about 1 week.

So, you can wait about a week or do it now but to get your replacement copies:

Send the DVD sleeve with the UPC code (the paper DVD cover inside the plastic of the case, NOT the cardboard slip case that may have come around it) to us along with a note including your name, address, and email address to:

Big Vision Entertainment
Ghost Hunters Replacement Offer
13636 Ventura Blvd.
Suite 279
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423

Once we receive your information and DVD sleeve (or sleeves) we will ship you out a new copy.

Feel free to pass this info on to any other fans who may have the same issue.

Also, rest assured, this problem will NOT happen with Season 3 as we have now moved to an ALL DIGITAL process and added several key steps to the quality control approval process. Season 3 - Part 1 will be available around the last week of September [...]

Sincerely,
Big Vision Entertainment"

And there was much rejoicing...

2.0 out of 5 stars LOVE the show - HATE the poorly made DVD's, September 30, 2006
Jennifer 28 "Jennifer" (Waitsfield, Vermont United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
As a huge fan of this show I could not wait to buy both of season two's DVD's. However, they are so poorly made it has been a very disappointing ordeal as I have ordered and returned two sets of the DVD's twice due to very bad static and overly loud voice audio. The color was off as well. I thought it was just bad luck until I read everyone's reviews. Hopefully the problem will be fixed and someday I will be able to purchase good quality Ghost Hunters videos.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Show - BAD DVD Production, September 26, 2006
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
Ghost Hunters is great TV, and the second season has plenty of great moments.

My disappointment lies in the audio department...it's simply flawed to the point of ruining the experience. The fuzzed-out sound is either extremely low quality, or simply a huge error on the manufacturer's part somehow. I am just not sure. All of my discs in both season parts are like this.

I am not sure if it is just my copies, or a first batch issue, or what.

The video quality is also quite poor, simply very low resolution many times, and they did a poor job of "lightening up" evidence films in the show, so that viewers can actually see what they are seeing more clearly. The St. Augustine Lighthouse evidence reveal comes to mind, as does the experience Jason has in the Stanley Hotel when the door closes in his room.

Not nearly enough effort and quality production values were put into this season. It's honestly bad enough, for someone who is not overly picky about DVD perfection, to want to return or exchange my copies.

I'm not sure what sort of huge mistake was made in producing these, but, I hope it is addressed and those that bought early, defective copies, are reimbursed or allowed to exchange.

All that said, it is "watchable" in it's current form, and the show itself, of course, is excellent. If you believe in ghosts or not, or the paranormal at large, this show is entertaining, as it focuses strictly on producing sound evidence (audio/visual) versus relying on the thoughts and feeling of others (psychics).

No psychics are used! Thank God.

I truly hope they do something about the horrible audio and visual quality of these DVD's. I cannot be the only one with this experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jason, Grant and Company, April 14, 2007
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
How much do I love these DVD's? Let me count the ways: I love TAPS' professionalism. I love that they try to debunk instead of prove hauntings. I love the awesome evidence they are able to capture on video and EVP, some of it absolutely chilling. I love that they are one of us and they get just as excited as we would when they capture paranormal phenonmena. I love Jason and Grant's friendly rapport and respect for each other. I love Brian's never ending conflicts with the other investigators because it adds a lot of spice to the show (Brian really is a sweet guy, you gotta love him). The show is extremely well done, it's enticing and exciting, and I just can't get enough. When does volume 3 come out?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good show, bad audio and grainy video, November 3, 2006
James Pohh (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
Ok well there's not much to say other than what's already said in the other reviews. Love the show and all, but I do have a few complaints. Number one, these guys from Big Vision really need to work on their DVD production. With Season 1 it was loose DVDs in the box. Now with Season 2/3 the DVDs have been secured but the audio is crap. What gives??

Overmodulated is the word. The video quality is mediocre and yes you will sometimes see nothing but pitch blackness. don't blame it on the fact that the TAPS team like to work in darkness, there are plenty of ways to light things up.

The last complaint really has little to do with the quality of the DVDs but more so about the content. Jerky camera movements, hysterical shouting and other faux pas really make it hard for the viewer to see and hear exactly what is going on. Perhaps TAPS did capture something at the St. Augustine lighthouse, but I couldn't see a damn thing as it was happening. And why did Jason and Grant rush up without any thermal imaging device? Why was the device sitting on the ground? If I encountered something that I truly believed to be paranormal, I'd have every piece of equipment at my disposal. It's like rushing into a firefight without a gun. The other side of the argument is that it is a tightly edited show and all....but still....sometimes their methods tend to baffle me. I guess you just have to remember this is a reality TV show and there's always the fact that events are sometimes exaggerated for entertainment value.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Content - Poor Quality DVD, September 28, 2006
A. Tuttle "alt36" (Charleston, SC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
After receiving two different sets of both these DVD's, plus the season 2 "best of", I wish I had not ordered, returned, ordered again, etc.

The video is very dark at times to the point where the screen looks black, and the sound so grainy that on some of the episodes you cannot understand what is being said at all for the entire episode.

This was a huge disappointment. I've read where some people get perfect copies and others get the same as me - hopefully it was a just a bad batch and the problem DVD's are being pulled and replaced by good copies.

I'll wait a few months and see if the problems are fixed. Hopefully Big Vision will put a notice up on their website, but they don't even have the DVD's available yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Ghost hunters!, November 13, 2006
C. Huynh (San Jose, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
Ghost hunter theres nothing I can say bad about it. Good quality!!

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 of the best episodes, September 9, 2008
blindseer11 (Rochester, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 (DVD)
Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 contains three of the best episodes to date: the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, the St. Augustine Lighthouse, and the Stanley Hotel. Definitely recommend this set to fans of the show.

Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2
Ghost Hunters: Season 2, Part 2 by Jay Bluemke (DVD - 2006)
$24.98 $12.49