5.0 out of 5 stars just buy it
this is great and please buy it it was 50 bucks got it for like 7 bucks that is great
Published 4 months ago by Killua Z.

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Animation But Still Leaves A Lot To Be Desired
Published on April 10, 2009 by Rich(Anime&Games Will Always P...

3.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Animation But Still Leaves A Lot To Be Desired, April 10, 2009
This review is from: Ghost Slayers Ayashi Part 1 (DVD)
The series starts in the feudal times of Japan when strange supernatural creatures from another plane of existence called Youi start to cause havoc for the imperial politicians, and so choose to hire Ayashi(Supernatural fighters) to destroy these mysterious Youi. This group also decide to bring into the group a vagabond vagrant by the name of Ryuudou Yukiatsu a former samurai now just living his days trying to make a living any way he can, they find out that he can use the power of Ayagami(The power to find the words behind things) to destroy the elusive YOUI. The series animation is great so kudos on that part and it's interesting storyline with the supernatural YOUI, but for most everything else about this first part set left a great deal of desire. The thing for myself was my cardinal rule to empathize with the characters of the series, if you can't do that trying to watch the episodes just is not only annoying but in the end frustrating as you just don't care what happens to any of them at the end. Actually for me there was the young fighter of the group who at first has an attitude towards Yukiatsu and you realize they do this in the story-arc so that Yukiatsu has to win the young fighters respect and than at the end truly become one of the group, but for me it wasn't more of the question of Yukiatsu winning the young fighters respect but more of just wishing that Yukiatsu would beat up or kill the idiot. The video is standard format and the voice actors/actresses for both the Japanese/English cast did a good job, so if you like supernatural or samurai animes here's a good title to look at but if you're like me and like to be able to cheer your characters onto victory than pass this series over

5.0 out of 5 stars just buy it, April 13, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, March 18, 2014
This review is from: Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Part 1 (Limited Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
I was surprise how big the box was for the limited edition set. I wasn't expecting the manga to come with it to.
One of my favorite animes because of the great voice casting in the series. It came on time and it was in great condition.

4.0 out of 5 stars glad I bought it, May 3, 2013
This review is from: Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Part 1 (Limited Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
I took a chance on this anime due to my lack of knowledge on this series and small amount of reviews. I bought this box set, which I believe will house parts 2 and 3 (then they arrive...already ordered them!) I wasn't sure what to expect but this anime is good so far. I'm on episode 5 but already enjoying it. In my opinion, I didn't quite get the description until I started watching it and looking forward to watching the rest. Interesting concept of using the power behind a word. Ayashi has the ability to bring the word to life, so to speak, and it become a weapon to defeat the youi. Not a lot of blood and guts so far but half naked men in the bathhouse of the 1st episode (don't get your hopes up... they were old lazy men).So far I haven't heard bad language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good show, February 12, 2013
This review is from: Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Part 1 (Limited Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
Got this for $2.19, using a gift card I earned free here: swagbucks.com/refer/Animallady1234.
This set comes two DVDs, volumes 1 and 2, volume 1 of the manga and a guide book. The anime and manga are a little different, but both are still good. It should come with instructions on how to open it though. Took me a few minutes to figure it out, almost ripping the top off. The easiest way to open it is to hold both the top and base at the same time, sliding them apart. But make sure it's upright when you do, or the DVDs and books will fall out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Snagged this for 2.19, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Part 1 (Limited Edition) [DVD] (DVD)
Looks solid, and cool case. I went ahead and bought part 2 and 3 to complete the series. All 3 parts for under $11 not bad. I hope this series is good. I will update later my opinion.

Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Part 1 (Limited Edition) [DVD]
Ghost Slayers Ayashi, Part 1 (Limited Edition) [DVD] by Ghost Slayers Ayashi (DVD - 2009)
$49.98 $9.95