Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

on November 30, 2011
This game is different from FPS which was refreshing. Like the title says, it is just like you're in it. The game characters interact with you that way. It can be a bit challenging at times cause you have to do some unknown maneuvers to overcome some ghosts. your buddies do clue you in, though. Graphics, sounds, camera view and game mechanics are very good. Cut scene graphics could be better, but gameplay graphics are way better. This beats all the old GB games out there, obviously. You will not be disappointed.
on February 12, 2013
I haven't had any issues with this one crashing on my PC, so I am not sure what the issue is here. The download from Amazon went pretty smoothly and I had no problems with the installation. I'm using windows 7 64bit, by the way.

But as for the game... well it's a surprisingly great single player experience that puts you in the role of a new Ghostbusters recruit whose job it is to test all the new gadgets that the other Ghostbusters come up with. The game has some pretty good level variety and has many callbacks to the original movies. Each actor is represented well in their roles and get equal time in the game. You do feel like you are the 5th Ghostbuster.

Graphics are still good, despite this being almost a 4 year old game now. Some of the character animation does look a bit stiff though, but that can be excusable. The voice acting is respectable and the game using music directly lifted from the movies. The game play is also really solid and the proton pack shooting mechanics work really well. There are also some other neat play mechanics like the slime tether gun and proton grappling gun. The game takes roughly eight or so hours on average to complete from start to finish. Which is a good length for a cinematic game like this.

The only complaint I have is that the ending felt a bit sloppy, and some story elements felt a little tacked on, like Alyssa Milano's character for example. But the adventure through the game does make up for these downfalls. The PC version also apparently lacks the multilayer components of the console games, but this is not really a big deal if you are expecting a single player experience only.

If you like Ghostbusters, or are looking for something a little different from all the ego centric/ first person shooter/ military shooters out there, then this may be a good choice for you.
on February 16, 2014
this game is sooo cool,the graphics are great for an older game,this game was ahead of its time for sure,it follows the movie line to a tee,all the real movie stars are in the game,there voices make me feel like im back in time watching the movie 25 years ago,very comforting,it makes you want to keep playing so you can enjoy thier company again,it installs and plays very well on my hp pavilion laptop,it has a amd radeon hd 6520 if that info helps,ghostbusters is a must have game,you will have alot of fun and relive old memories!
on July 1, 2014
Not tech support! I guess I am one of the elite few who got to download the game and have it run correctly right away. I got this game because I no longer play my Xbox. Well actually the kids took that over. I missed my Ghostbusters so I downloaded this one. It runs and looks better on my PC than it did on the Xbox. Works well with the Xbox 360 USB controller too.
on June 17, 2013
Having been rather an avid fan of the original film, I was rather happy to see justice done to GhostBusters The Video Game. What I was especially happy to see was story wise, it's return to the root of the Gozer plot featured in the first film. The game itself serves as a deeper look into the lore and mythos of that world and in many ways makes one look back in more intrigue based around the events of the original.

Game play wise, Ghost Busters doesn't truly have a large satisfying feel to it upon capturing Ghosts, but it's also not disagreeable either in terms of engagement and combat. Environmental puzzles and unique gadget based events freshen the experience, and for the life of me the voice acting and dialogue just cracks me up. Certainly that is where the main talent lies within this game. It's the clever writing and engaging story that brings GhostBusters up from the depths of a film and into an invigorating story.

Alongside the main story line players can also upgrade their own gear and devices, find hidden collectables, and have a few flashes of memorabilia from past Ghost Buster's Films littered around the corner. If you've hesitated on this title or maybe it's been a few years and you didn't think it was worth it, take it from a GhostBuster fan, it's worth the try and worth the buy.
on August 21, 2014
I have both the Wii and PC versions of this game. Love both, and there are enough subtle differences between the two platforms (while maintaining the integrity of the over all story line) to make playing both enjoyable.

I will say that I prefer the PC version, but mainly because I havespent more time playing PC games over platform. Its more an issue of familiar controler styles.

Great hame; and if you're someone who has longed for a 3rd Ghostbusters movie, you definitely want to play this game.
on October 8, 2013
I like it, but it takes quite a long time to wrangle in a ghost without my hand going numb because you have to use almost every button on the mouse to do it and work it back and fourth for a good while.
on October 19, 2013
I am giving this 1 star to inform potential buyers:

I purchased the Digital Download from Amazon but the Activation Key it came with was invalid so I couldn't play the game. Amazon told me I had to contact Atari to solve the problem, I did but Atari did not reply. I uninstalled the game and Amazon gave me a refund.

You will want to buy this game for console to avoid all the PC activation and installation problems. Or take your chances with this and hope you have better luck than I did.
on March 3, 2013
With fantastic visuals, great controls, and a story that works well with the continuity, this game is a blast for anyone looking for some more Ghostbusters fun. I have no issues with it, it works well on my computer, and it's fun.

Is that not what truly matters?

Get this game, enjoy the comedic value, and have a good time!
on April 27, 2014
Purchased this one (4 Star) and the other one (3 Star) for my Son, he likes them both and that alone is worth 10 bucks each for me, I played through this one which was more a FPS feel and being in the movie feel more than the other one. I was playing them for my son and I did enjoy it while the second one I got pulled away from and haven't made it back yet. My son has though. This one felt a little more FPS like. Neither are bad game overall but I'd not expect to be blown away either. These are Dated, Ghostbusters itself seems geared towards kids more and even the movies though excellent classics were silly to some degree as well. If you love the Ghostbusters it is likely a must have, if you have kids that love the Ghostbusters it is likely a must have, if you just wanting something different it not a bad buy really if you want the latest and greatest then you should probably move on.. It could be an addition to a goto list/library as well depending on the person..