Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

Format: Paperback|Change

on March 12, 2013
Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places is the kind of book you keep close at hand because every type of ghostly activity out there is documented in this book. As a writer and ghost investigator, I found myself learning so much from this book. As a person who has had lifelong experiences in the paranormal, I found comfort in reading the stories that echo some things I've witnessed by myself or with family and friends, and never knew it had happened to anyone else before until I read this book.

I love how you can start anywhere you want in the book and start reading and go from front to back or back to front and select what you want to read without needing to reference to other pages. The book covers such a broad range of topics, and so many different places, I was never bored with it, and never had to search through pages to "get to the good stuff". The good stuff is on every single page, and this is a huge, thick book!

I don't loan this book out to friends, not even the members of my ghost investigator team, because I'm scared they will keep the book for themselves, it's that valuable. For ghost investigators or those who love great ghost stories that are true, this is the book you need to have in your library.
on November 1, 2012
Looking for some good reading material tonight, the spookiest night of the year? Well, look no further!

The second edition of Brad Steiger's Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places is now available thanks to the good folks at Visible Ink Press.

Running at almost 700 pages and at a very reasonable price, this is a title that fans of specters, paranormal entities, ghosts, ghouls and much more of a supernatural nature will definitely not want to miss.

You might think that close to 700 pages of tale after tale of the ghostly kind would get very repetitive and boring after a while, but - I'm pleased to say - you would be wrong. Very wrong, in fact.

What Brad has done with Real Ghosts is to provide us with a wealth of suspense-soaked and captivating tales (best devoured by flickering candlelight, of course) that cover just about every aspect of the realm of ghosts - such as haunted locations (cemeteries, castles, houses, and old mansions), spirits of the animal variety (many of a very uplifting nature, suggesting that our furry and hairy friends experience some form of afterlife), spooks that enjoy taking road-trips (whether on ships, aircraft or trains), curious bedroom invaders, the walking dead that have a particular liking for pubs and hotels (not a bad afterlife, I'd say...), and famous ghosts of the big-screen (you'll have to read the book to find out who!).

But that's not all: Brad the Bard also delves deep into some truly sinister and malevolent puzzles of the ghostly variety, such as violent poltergeist activity, as well as undeniably hostile, parasitic entities that both torment and possess those terrified souls that cross their paranormal paths.

Of course, even with all this wealth of varied data, there's always a danger that the mind can become numbed to the core by tale after tale, particularly so if the story-teller does so in tame, bland fashion.

Fortunately, there's nothing tame or bland about Brad's writing, or about Real Ghosts. Penned with great atmosphere, a chillingly cool style that keeps the reader captivated from page to page, and a deep knowledge of the phenomena under the microscope, Brad's book is filled with entertaining menace, creeping creepiness, and tale after tale of bone-chilling proportions.

Great to read late at night while stretched out on the couch, around a camp-fire in the woods with your friends, or (if you're lucky enough to have one!) within the depths of a darkened, old dungeon.

Real Ghosts: a superb trek through the entire domain of the restless dead...
on December 2, 2015
Fascinating stories on unexplained phenomena. Clearly a great deal of work went into creating this anthology. Since so many incidents are included, most reporting is rather surface-level. It's rather like being served an amuse-bouche when you're starving! There's little deep research or exploration of possible causes for many of the paranormal events portrayed. Still, it's a fun read and no collection on the paranormal should be without this.
WOW! If there is something to be said about the spirit world and ghosts it has
to be found within the pages of this three inch thick volume. The late Hans Holtzer
was known to be the foremost authority on the subject, but he is sadly no longer with us, but he would be happy to know that Brother Brad has filled his shoes amply. I particularly enjoyed the chapter "Ghosts That Returned to Bid Farewell." No one can tell a story like
Steiger. If you don't believe me go and listen to his interviews archived at TheParaCast.com
or Coast to Coast. He is also a regular on the Jeff Rense show. Known for his appealing
articles and books on UFOs, Brad has proven himself to be a master of spirits in all their shape shifting forms.
on March 31, 2013
It's a great book! Exactly what I was looking for. Definitely a perfect late night read...unless you're easily frightened. ;)
on May 27, 2013
I've been reading this book a little at a time for over a year now. The writing is top notch, and it is obvious that tons of research went into this book. I think anyone who enjoys information about hauntings will enjoy it.

I really wish Amazon had separate star ratings for quality and style. As I said, the writing is top quality. The author really does a great job with the material. They only reason I went for four stars instead of five is that, to me, and this is just my opinion, the straight-forward manner in which the author conveys the stories is just a little too straight-forward. Meaning, I expected it to have more flair, more suspense...but then it would be a completely different book. This book is intended to describe real accounts of real experiences, and I think adding any extra "fluff" could have turned it into something corny. It's not corny. It's serious, and that in itself makes it spooky. Just not exactly what I expected from the cover and the description.

The photos also add a lot to the spooky tone of the book, and although some seem to be pretty obviously doctored, that's what was given as evidence, and that's what the author is reporting.

I would really like to give this book a 4.5, if that were possible. Read the first few pages here on Amazon, and if you like them, you will thoroughly enjoy this book.
on April 12, 2015
I've read a ton of different non-fiction paranormal books and this one is my favorite. Unlike some others, it doesn't claim to document all paranormal occurrences nor does it attempt to even catalog every time period or every place. Rather, the author lays down some really good examples for many different types of paranormal sub-genres, including many well known happenings that I was previously unaware of, and then he spices things up with several first hand accounts that he and his wife have personally experienced. For a comprehensive look at the world of ghost activity, this is a gem and well worth the price.
on October 25, 2012
Brad Steiger, the foremost authority on paranormal matters, has released yet another masterpiece, this time on the topic of spirits of all varieties.

In this book you'll find well-documented cases of ghosts, hauntings, angels, demons, poltergeists, apparitions, and entities. You'll also read about other cases which are not so well-known, or are seeing print for the first time.

I found this book to be amazingly comprehensive. At almost 700 pages, it's a hefty tome, and is thoroughly packed with case after case of first-hand and second-hand accounts. In addition to the usual ghostly fare in books on this topic, this book has much, much more to offer: roadside phantoms, shadow people, dark entities of various types, human impersonators, hooded beings, and others.

Jam-packed as this book is with solid research and thorough accounts, it's a sizable value and resource for the cost. I highly recommend this book to both the serious researcher and to the armchair curiosity seeker, not to mention to anyone who delights in a shivery reading experience on a dark night! Get this one, you won't be disappointed!
on May 3, 2013
Great book, fun to read on a dark and rainy night, very detailed, true stories, easy to understand...worth the read!
on February 19, 2013
I was so excited to see this book, at first, you see I've owned the first edition for years and I SUPER love it! To me, It's one of those books I would NEVER consider getting rid of. When I saw this edition I figured Ok the author made another book with an entire new set of stories making it a second edition.... I was so ignorantly wrong. It's the same book with a different forward and maybe a couple added stories. I know this is my fault for not educating myself better before purchasing but the description should at least openly warn people before buying that this is not a brand new colection of stories, it's just a tad updated. Oh well it's a good book to pass along to a friend anyway.