Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on January 31, 2010
As a Certified Lifewriting Instructor, I am occasionally hired to capture the memoirs of clients who want their stories preserved but are unable or unwilling to write them. Ghostwriting by Andrew Crofts was the most comprehensive guide that I have been able to locate, and I especially appreciated Chapter 6-Contracts--Do You Need Them? This book is a MUST for serious, career ghostwriters.
on April 8, 2013
Crofts is an entertaining writer. However, I thought there would be more nuts and bolts about contractual matters between subject and ghost writer. Perhaps that was expecting too much. British law is different from U.S law (particularly with regard to libel), so it would be hard for him to generalize for an American audience. But I enjoyed his tales of how he produced the books he ghosted.
on May 14, 2015
This book is both funny and informative. I am inspired to try my hand at ghostwriting now. But I so appreciate the information given here so I have a better idea of what ghostwriting is about.

Laura L. Padgett, Author
"Dolores, Like the River"
2013 Westbow Press
on June 14, 2012
One cannot doubt the credentials of a man with more than 50 books to his credit. As a fledgling ghost-writer full of uncertainty, some of my fears were eased by this brief how-to guide. But I could have done with more information about the researching and especially about the actual writing process. These elements are dealt with hurriedly towards the end. Whereas I had assumed ghost-writing was largely about cleaning up faithful transcriptions, Andrew indicates that he takes on the author's voice and writes largely from memory. I wish he had gone into more detail, as they seem like impossible tasks. Being a former journalist, I live by facts and accuracy. Evidently ghost-written books are closer to historical fiction.
on October 27, 2012
What intrigued me about this book was 'Writing Handbooks'. I've always been interested in improving my craft, taking on a challenge; Ghosting is a humbling challenge. You experience someone else's life events or thoughts and experiences through your prose, remaining anonymous (in most cases) but gaining satisfaction; the luxury of hiding, if you will, in doing so is the unexplainable experience. This book is written in a conversational style, which is enjoyable in that it relates on a personal level, provoking thought, related to your craft. I have just started going through it with the hope of gaining more perspective from yet another professional on Ghostwriting. I believe this book can and will present value to anyone entertaining or doing any sort of ghostwriting. It [is] written by the man who claims to be king of ghostwriting - Andrew Crofts.
on May 22, 2011
Crofts' GHOSTWRITING ranks alongside Stephen King's ON WRITING and Jennie Erdal's GHOSTING: A Double Life as absolutely indispensable volumes for a working writer.

I think it's an ideal volume for those anyone who has ever given thought to making a career as a freelancer or ghostwriter.

At times dry, perhaps, Crofts' GHOSTWRITING is exactly what it purports to be: a valuable textbook. Most definitely worth having as a reference volume, as it covers the profession of ghosting and provides a fair amount of insight into a segment of the writing profession that most rarely think about.

Certainly worth the read and purchase price. You will not be disappointed.
on March 29, 2013
I found better advice on the internet for free where I actually found a website of a ghostwriter who knew what she was talking about. Don't waste your money.
on July 15, 2010
Excerpts from Ghostwriting by Andrew Crofts was quoted many, many times in the novel The Ghost: A Novel (HARDCOVER) by Robert Harris. At the beginning of each chapter there is a quote from this handbook which I found added a lot to the story, helping me to understand what the ghostwriter was trying to achieve and the process used in writing someone else's story. I admit I have not read this handbook, just the many quotes from it, yet, but the glimpse into the life of a ghostwriter was very interesting, thanks to Andrew Crofts.