5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PRODUCT EVER. REAL SPA EXPERIENCE!!
Published 17 months ago by ttrembla

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use the wax
Published 28 days ago by Erica15

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PRODUCT EVER. REAL SPA EXPERIENCE!!, April 1, 2013
I've used other waxing products and had to go over the waxed areas multiple times, which was a pain and time consuming. This product works as good as when you go get it done at the spa. Its much cheaper and you can do it more than once. I have at least 2-3 more uses out of it (Both legs were done). The wax is great, the heater works great too, the strips work, the lotions are okay, not sure up to what point they are necessary, but its a nice bonus. I would highly recommend this product after weeks of searching for something decent to buy. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars No more trips to the salon for waxing for me!, February 20, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
I was so excited when the package containing my wax kit was delivered that I dropped everything to try it out. I immediately plugged it in and put it to work. It didn't even take 30 minutes to melt the wax and I was on my way to wax my eyebrows and upper lip. This is the first time I have ever self-waxed, so I tried to take it slow around my 'brows (I would have never heard the end of it from my husband if I would have waxed them into a funny shape or worse) and it took me quite a few applications but they came out just as good if not better than if I had done it at a salon (EVERY time, no matter what salon I went too, in five different states, I always come home and find stray hairs that should have been removed and weren't). I did my upper lip and that turned out as well (kind of hard to screw that one up unless you burn yourself). I left the warmer on the high setting, and it did not seem like it would burn at all. I didn't want to put my new "toy" away, so I went ahead and did my armpits as well. Which worked great. I was excited and not being extremely cautious about where the wax go, so the next round I will take my time and try not to get wax everywhere. I would recommend buying extra of the Gigi Wax Off lotion, it definitely helps removing residual wax. I got the student kit, although I originally tried to order the mini pro, but for some reason they wouldn't ship the mini pro to interior Alaska (where I live currently) but the would ship the student kit. I've lived here for six years so I'm used to that kind of thing. I would definitely recommend getting either kit if one is interested in waxing at home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 1, 2013
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
The starter kit was exactly what I wanted. The warmer is a bit larger than their old models. The kit contains all the essentials but I would recommend different strips because muslin strips are not as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars every thing included, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
all you will need as a student starter, my experience waxing as a novice was fine and this product is all you will need....great product...

4.0 out of 5 stars Does it's Job!, March 6, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
I was nervous about buying any wax product thru anyone - i figured they were all failures. However, i love this little guy! The warmer is easy to use the honee wax is perfect for my skin and the lotion bottles that came with this kit was very useful. I will def be buying more cloth strips and lotion bottles going forward. Thank You!
My only reason for a 4 out of 5 was the lid to the wax cracked with the took it off for the first time. Therefore, if i ever need to transport it to i don't have a tight lid on the wax to prevent slipping.

5.0 out of 5 stars YES, no more paying loads of money to wax my face!, June 5, 2013
I am very pleased, the wax is very sticky so be very careful and don't drop any. Other than that it works great and I would reccommend it to my friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comes with everything, works well, April 29, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
I bought this because I wanted to try a waxing kit that would last me a long time.
I was used to buying the pre-waxing strips, but this works a whole lot better.
I had already purchased one from Sally's and tried it at home, it worked so I returned it and bought this one, which is the exact same model, only you get the wax, sticks, muslin, and the extra bottles of various things included at a much better price.
Like I read in other reviews, it takes a while to heat up ~30-40min on high, then you have to turn down the heat either low or medium. It worked the same as the one I had previously bought.
I suggest buying the muslin at a fabric store because it cheaper and the sticks at a craft store in bulk.
Those cardboard rings help keep it clean, you can trace the shape on any thin cardboard material and have many rings rather than buying more.
To replace those bottles when they run out, I bought baby powder and baby oil, since they work just as fine.
I would definitely recommend this to anyone as an option to get rid of hair and have a product that will last a long time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't use the wax, August 17, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
I was very excited to receive this product and when it arrived it wasn't damaged and everything was intact. I was so happy and had no complains with the packaging. Moving on to the products, the bottles that it included were alright but the wax off doesn't really do it. I would buy something better or use baby oil. The wax warmer itself heats up fairly quickly and does it's job of heating. So far not so many complains. The muslin strips aren't great they are more of the cheap side and I personally would never use them because when you do use them the wax goes through. Now here is my biggest disappointment , the wax itself was a sticky mess! It didn't pull any hairs out! Not did it want to come off. Not only that but when I was succesful in taking it off it left me a black shadow/scar in the areas I waxed. It's been monthes and it hasn't come off. I'm very disappointed. Don't use the wax .

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome kit for home!, July 15, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
Perfect kit for a beginner at home. Learning to do my own waxing, much more cost effective that going to the salon every 2-3 weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful kit, made waxing at home so easy!!!, May 22, 2014
This review is from: Gigi Student Starter Kit (Misc.)
This was my first time when I wanted to try waxing at home. I always did waxing in salon. I already knew how to do the waxing, coz I observed salon people doing waxing a lot before experimenting it on me. I observed the consistency of the wax & tried waxing my sis hands hence, I was not fully dependent on the instruction book. More hot wax will burn your skin & less hot will stick to your skin so be careful while heating d wax. I do agree with rest of the reviewers that putting collar around the wax machine did help me a lot as in not creating whole lot of mess. Happy!!!

My kit contains:
1. One wax warmer with cover (14 ounce)
2. One all-purpose honey wax (14 ounce)
3. One wax off (4 ounce)
4. One slow grow (4 ounce)
5. One pre hon (reduces inflammation)
6. One epilation powder (2.5oz)
7. 10 petite applicators