5.0 out of 5 stars ebola!, November 4, 2007
H. Marcelynas (San Clemente, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giant Microbes - Ebola (Ebola Virus) Educational Plush Toy (Toy)
sounds crazy, but I'm obsessed with researching deadly viruses & Ebola happens to be my 'favorite'. I was planning on getting all my friends & family viruses for X-mas...but couldn't help to buy this for my friend's new baby. The description could've been a bit more graphic...but overall I'd rate it to be one of the best kitschy gifts you can find.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Hit for Our Micro Presentation!, August 27, 2011
Melissa Strunc (Fallston, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased the Giant Microbe Ebola Virus to include in a presentation on Ebola in a college Microbiology class. We fashioned a giant "microscope lens" out of cardboard, aluminum foil, and plastic wrap, and put our little friend inside and fastened it to our presentation board. The instructor loved it, as did the entire class. The accompanying card actually had a surprisingly accurate and detailed little synopsis of the virus and its history! It was extremely helpful, then my kids had a great time playing with it once the project was done. I actually joked around in my presentation that if the professor gave us an A, we'd let him take it home to HIS kids. He laughed, but I did get an A. Was it because of the Giant Microbe? Maybe... ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, February 20, 2011
Adam J. Ronk (PAW PAW, MI, US) - See all my reviews
Got it for my desk. As an individual involved in Ebola research, I find the toy to be a rather amusing desk display alongside my other Giant Microbes. A great educational tool as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars It made one friend's Christmas, January 11, 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
For years I have wanted to give all my friends and loved ones an infectious disease for Christmas. This year I was able to do just that thanks to this great plush toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love to play with Ebola, December 4, 2012
I got this for myself a while back but it has become a favorite of my kids (2.5 and 5) so much so that they take it to Church and out with us when we go shopping.

I admit it is fun when I get to tell people that my infant is chewing on Ebola or that my toddler is carrying Ebola. So far we haven't gone into what Ebola is but that will come. This is a pretty durable toy. It took my kids 5 years to slightly damage it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for your disease-obsessed friends!, October 10, 2013
I have a dear friend who loves exploring all kinds of diseases, parasites, infestations... I purchased this for her because she was reading "The Hot Zone." She literally jumped up and down with joy to get this! She carries it around with her, telling everyone about it. Although cute and fuzzy, it is an accurate representation of what E-Bola looks like, which is great to help talk about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making a difference., August 16, 2012
Donald P. Emeric (Las Vegas, NV, US) - See all my reviews
I have a friend who loves stuffed animals. Blah, boring, right. Well now I have given her the most unique stuffed "thing" she has. And when I found out they had more, I plan on adding to the collection. I think next will be a stuffed Black Plague bug.

5.0 out of 5 stars Child safe Ebola lesson, July 26, 2007
AJ "AJ" (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
We love these products. Ebola is a pretty serious disease, but the disease summary on the information tag is gentle and kid-friendly. This one is a pretty good buy - he's big and sturdy for the price and all of these products are soft, cute, and highly educational.

5.0 out of 5 stars she loved it, March 6, 2014
Ok, maybe not EVERYONE's gf would love to get ebola for Christmas. But mine did.
She opened the box, saw part of the twisted tail and squealed with glee "IS THAT AN EBOLA VIRUS?" and ripped open the rest of the box.

This one's a keeper (the ebola plush and the gf :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, October 15, 2013
My husband bought this for me for Christmas--I teach Biology, so these are perfect for my lessons, and the kids love them! I think they're all adorable...as plush microbes only! :-)

Giant Microbes - Ebola (Ebola Virus) Educational Plush Toy