Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

Size: Set Of 2|Change

on September 2, 2010
The velcro end is an elegant solution, and they're light, so they go with you, but in my experience they're almost always too short to get all the way around the tree. This removes the primary advantage over something home-made. They need to get cheaper or longer. Unless they start making them about half-again as long you'll need two sets to use trees in the recommended size range.

After a few uses I can see wear on them, but it doesn't seem to be making it any rougher on the tree.
on February 13, 2013
My first problem was assuming and not doing my research on the product. I assumed they weren't just made out of astro-turf. Buuut, they are, with velcro. Mostly I don't like it because I can make the exact same thing for $4 at most. I would return them, but I'd lose 5.50 on return shipping.
If you're the type of person that doesn't like or have the time (half hour tops) to tinker than these are perfect for you.
My advice is read the measurements for this product and see if they'll fit around any trees near you. They are too small for most my trees.

Hope I helped!
on September 12, 2011
Not what I expected.....I'm going to need 3 more sets to make it actually fit around and protect the trees from my ropes. $80+ just for tree wear! (Slackline only cost me $100) I'll just stick to using towels, these suck!
on December 24, 2013
This product is too small for most trees that can support the slackline. I recommend using towels instead. They are cheaper and way more effective.
on March 8, 2013
As a newbie slackliner who received a Gibbon line for Xmas 2012, I liked the idea of protecting my line and the trees so I ordered these treewear. Ends up that I need to string both of them together for even the small trees that I use to hold my line. Bummer. In the end, I find these to be awkward and nothing special.
on March 23, 2014
I love the convenience of these velcro tree wraps. Since it isn't uncommon for me to set up the slackline by myself, it's great to have a lightweight, durable and easy tree protection set. That said, as much as I love these, I would never pay full price for something that requires a *minimum* of two to three pieces to cover the trees around here. Even with two sets (four pieces), I find that sometimes I need one more piece. One set would be useless. If each piece was even a few more inches long, these would be perfect, until then, double up or opt for carpet or towels. Happy Slacking!
on January 28, 2014
These were purchased along with the Gibbon X13 Classic Slacklines, Red, 82-Feet as an attempt to teach my son responsibility for the things we don't own. I'm pretty sure this slack line will be set up on public, state and federal property. The slack line can damage the bark of a tree. These thick strips will help prevent this.
on January 12, 2014
For the price, not that necessary. Get a piece of cardboard and put it on the tree. Plus, if you are wrapping your slackline around a big tree, this might not be big enough.
on July 19, 2015
A necessary companion to your slackline purchase. Tree bark can be damaged when a the line is taut, these products very effectively protect the tree bark. Also in my area earwigs love to cluster in the dark recesses created by the the bands and the bark. Be ready for hordes of insects when you remove them after prolonged use.
on October 13, 2015
I've got the slack-line in between two palm trees, and these fit just fine. They go on very easy - basically wraps around and gets velcro'd together. Then you slide the slack-line over this so it doesn't chafe the tree. Pretty simple - works. I received a discount on this product in exchange for an honest review.