Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Slackline 101 - DVD
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on July 7, 2011
This DVD provides a great introduction to the basics of slacklining: mounting, balance, walking and, of course, safely falling off. It's not a substitute for practicing on the real thing, but it's very helpful for those who are curious and want to learn more.
on October 20, 2014
I ignored the other reviews and bought this anyway. It is pretty dumb. A third of the DVD is highlights videos of people doing super advanced tricks. Then there is a "slackine is life" bit where we get to know that slacklining is really important to the producers of the video. Then they race through about 20 different moves in five minutes with two lines of instruction for each. This isn't really educational. I gave it two stars rather than one because the list of tricks was at least an introduction to what is possible. If you are looking for tips, guides, strategies or discussion, look elsewhere. I have no idea where else you'd look, but don't waste your money here. Sorry... I don't do many reviews, but I do rely on them a great deal and if I can help one person save their money and use youtube instead, I'll have done my part. Can one return DVDs? Doubt it.
on June 7, 2013
Apparently slacklining has been around for awhile, I just never knew about it. The first time I put it up (without watching the video 1st), I put it too far apart and it was impossible to get on / stay on. Then I put it up at a much shorter spread, about 10 feet, and the wratchet is about 1/3rd of the way into the line, which isn't optimal; however, I was able to get it much tighter and we can get on and walk the very short distance where it's mounted.

I definitely did NOT need a 50 foot line and you want to make sure you have a good shorter space to put it up before you buy it....it would be more fun if we had a 15-20 foot space to put it up...and I don't want to dig a 4ft. hole and bury the line with anchors in my back yard to keep it there and it would be a lot of work to do that at the beach for a short period of time...but we will play with it more...also I didn't know I needed the tree protectors to protect the line and the tree, but was able to find some old linens to take care of that.
on October 2, 2013
If you are as clueless as I was about slacklining this is a must! I bought it for my granddaughter while she was visiting this summer. It made a shared experience much more successful. No broken bones!
on April 21, 2013
My 3 boys love this, and have found it very helpful in attempting to conquer the slack line!! A Must have if you get the slackline
on September 17, 2012
The Gibbon slackline is well made and fun. It's easy to use, and the Slackline 101 video is really helpful. They are correct about the long learning curve, but we are making progress.
on April 14, 2014
Awesome product
My physical education students love this activity !!
Cool, challenging, sturdy and enables fitness core experience for all levels and experiences.
on February 21, 2014
This is a cheap video, to be sure. But the basics of slacklining is there. It shows some of the beginning steps and some cool tricks to get you excited to start.
on June 3, 2013
WE thought it told us how to use and setup the line but seeing all the goofs in making the DVD was not necessary.
on October 11, 2013
This video is very helpful for beginner slackline users. Although it takes practice to master the techniques shown, it give one a great start.

See 1 answered question