Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on August 19, 2010
This basket will hold 1 big apple, maybe 2 small ones. I can't believe it was $16! It's very poorly made. Cheap material. Cheap looking. It's garbage. It's Dollar General merchandise. I returned it.
on October 23, 2012
Reading the majority of reviews on here I must say I am really confused. It looks exactly like it does in the pictures. If you expect to be able to put it to heavy use in your kitchen, carry it by the head and/or tail, let your kids play with it or whatever, no it isn't going to work for you or last. The color is muted, it is not high gloss or candy apple. It looks great, and will fit in perfectly with almost any other rooster or farm themed kitchen decor. I have rooster items from <$1 to over $100 and no complaints on this little guy.

Mine sits empty on top of my cabinets with soft illumination surrounded by some plates, mugs etc with roosters and hens on them. Empty eggshells would look good in it(mimicing the product photo). It's a great decoration. It's art. The overall size is a little smaller than anticipated but it is hard to picture it bases on dimensions and photos. It is smaller than a loaf of bread, closer to the size of a large cantelope maybe a little bigger. It would have been nice to get it cheaper, but what wouldn't be nice to get for less money? Happy with mine, no complaints.
on March 7, 2011
Wow! What a disappointment. It looks like a chintzy party decoration. It didn't stay in my house until nightfall. I cannot stress enough how cheap this thing looks. I thought maybe on a shelf at a distance it would look as good as it does on the Amazon site, but no. Regardless of how far away I stood from it, it still looked trashy.
on July 20, 2011
This basket is very small. I wanted to use it for bananas in my kitchen but turns out it is much too small for that. Also the "silver-looking" TIN basket portion is actually painted BLUE and looks very cheap. Not worth $17.00.
on June 4, 2011
Purchased this as a gift for an aunt who is crazy about Rooster decor. Items like this are really difficult to evaluate online, especially given the type of photo that is provided (side angle with a white background and nothing to reference it to), which is why I decided to go ahead and write a review. Yes, the dimensions are given, so I could "picture" in my mind's eye the size, however, that's not the issue. The issue is the quality of the item.

And yes, like you, I read the reviews from those who have gone before me. There were more positive reviews than not, however, those who wrote their 1-star reviews are way more accurate in their description than the positive reviewers.

If I had seen this in some sort of a brick and mortar store, I would not expect the price to be above eight-dollars, tops! (And that's pushing it!) At the time of my order I paid sixteen dollars & eighty-seven cents with free Prime Membership shipping. (I needed it quick so I also paid 3. 99 for 1-day shipping, which is a wonderful service by Amazon.)

In any event, buyer beware. This Rooster Tin Basket is as poor quality as they come, especially for the price they are currently charging.

Hope this helps others to make a much more informed decision on your purchase.
on February 8, 2012
I bought this item thinking it was cute and I could use it in my kitchen. I was wrong. This basket is probably the junkiest piece of garbage I have ever bought on Amazon. For the price I definitely wasn't expecting Longaberger but I thought it would be better quality than this. They aren't kidding when they say "tin". The tail and head are as flimsy as a soda can. Easy to bend and break. The colors aren't vibrant and almost look chalky. It's really not good for anything that I can think of. I waited and didn't send it back so now this beauty is mine. I have it in the back of a cabinet holding tealight candles. It will make it's way to the trash can some day in the near future I'm sure. Save your money on this one.
on April 26, 2008
I really like this Rooster Wire Basket, though I wish it were a bit larger.
Excellent transaction,, 4 stars and would do business with this dealer again.
on December 26, 2007
This was a Christmas gift for a friend who had just redone her kitchen in roosters and she loved it. Thanks.
on May 20, 2008
This basket was exactly what was pictured. It was a gift for my mother in law, and so I had her open the box. I held my breath until she held it up because I worried that perhaps it was poor quality, but then I saw the look on Mom's face! She was so pleased with it, and so am I. The colors were pretty, and it was very cute.
on January 10, 2010
I gave this to my 37 year old daughter, for Christmas. Her decor in her kitchen is Rooster stuff. When she got this statue, she just loved it and said that it was a perfect touch. The size, color and durability is just right. Anyone who gets this item I'm sure will be satisfied. Very attractive addition for thoses who like roosters. I do!