Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com Sale

Size: 8 ozColor: NaturalChange

on June 3, 2012
After running out of the leather conditioners I buy from the places where I bought my leather furniture (Guardsman leather conditioner and a conditioner made for Gallery Furniture in Houston) I decided to try Bick 4. It had been almost two years since I last treated my leather, and I used a 16 oz bottle to condition the leather seats in my seven passenger Highlander and five passenger CRV, plus two full size leather sofas, two leather love seats, and a leather recliner. Bick 4 is a pale yellow cream that is super fast to apply. I use an old cotton sock that I double over and slip onto my hand. Bick 4 absorbs into the leather very quickly, and after a few minutes the leather is dry to the touch, although I did buff afterwards with a dry cotton towel. It leaves the leather feeling soft and clean with absolutely no tackiness, and it adds a soft shine that looks very nice. It did not darken any of my leathers at all. My leather colors are light tan, light gray, and medium green. While not as strong as a dedicated leather cleaner, I was impressed with how much dirt it removed, plus it lifted several stains from food and who knows what else my son had got on my seats. I have enough Bick 4 left to do another couch or two, and I would have a lot more left except that I changed socks about seven or eight times as they would get dirty.
on September 20, 2012
I don't remember what vendor I bought this from through Amazon a year ago, but I suppose this is as good a place to post a review as any.

I have used Bick 4 on black and brown leather. It's good conditioner. But it did darken three brown leather jackets and a leather backpack. I didn't care because the color was uniform (although a Wilson's Adventure Bound jacket had a few small places that didn't darken so it looks a little discolored but I'm not worried about it; you have to look for it to notice it).

I will probably buy more because it's good conditioner. But I think they should stop advertizing that it doesn't darken leather.
22 comments36 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2014
I Googled leather conditioners and cleaners then checked out reviews pf several products before using Bickmore products on the leather described below.

I had old bottles of Bick1 and Bick4 that I used to use on boat shoes.

While rummaging around in my basement I found an old heavy duty leather briefcase.
The kind we used to see in old movies handcuffed to a Fed's wrist. It's made from very thick
leather with a thick brown finish and heavy duty brass fittings. It was in fair shape
except for being very dry and the leather straps and corners of the case had some rough scuff marks and places where the finish had worn off. I was careful not to bend it too much because I was afraid it was
going to crack. The leather was very dry and brittle

I first gently wiped off the heavy dirt andbasement crust with a slightly damp cloth (I know wiping leather with a damp cloth is a no no because it pulls natural oils from the leather. In case, most of the oils had already
left the leather) Then cleaned the leather as directed on the Bick1 bottle. I had to work quickly because the Bick1 was sucked into the leather. Later that day I applied Bick4 as instructed. Again it was immediately

absorbed by the leather. I had to apply four applications of Bick4 before it stopped being immediately absorbed by the leather. The next day I buffed it with an old cotton tshirt.
Bick restored the leather. It looks great even the beatup corners. The leather straps where they loop through the brass fittings still have bare leather where the finished wore off from use but overall the
case looks great, even the brass fittings maintained their nice patina.

Ordered fresh containers of BIck1 & Bick4 from Amazon.

Next, I decided to try Bick on an at least forty year old dyed green motorcycle jacket.
The jacket was in very bad shape from a moderate case of road rash on the right side and all along the right sleeve. Other damage included the green finished being pulled away after racing stickers were removed.

The jacket was filthy with asphalt streaks mixed in with the road rash.
I carefully cleaned the jacket being careful around the road rash damage because the leather was very fragile (much thinner then the briefcase leather.) The carefully applied Bick4 as per Dicks directions.
The jacket gratefully took three applications of Bick4 and could've taken more.
The results are phenomenal. The leather is supple and most of the rich deep green color came back. Even the damaged leather looks good all things considered.
I'm very satisified with Bick1 and Bick4.
on September 9, 2008
I recently purchased a pair of Luchesse Ostrich Quill boots and found myself in quite the bind when I didn't have any conditioner for my boots that I spent a month's rent on.

I did alot of reading on alot of forums and this one seems to be the most popular for exotic hides; Ostrich especially.

I now use it once a month and it seems to clean, polish and condition all at the same time in a very good way.

If you want to keep your exotics looking fresh, purchase Bick4.

On a side note, I would not have ordered this online if I knew that the local Cavender's carried it.
33 comments21 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2013
If you want to maintain shoes and other leather items, then Bickmore Bick 4 Leather Conditioner is a great choice. For many tasks you may not need a leather cleaning product. If you have black leather boots or shoes, then you should try Bickmore's black Apache Cream that makes black leather glossy and supple. There are very few really good leather products available; this is one of them. Just remember, when you are conditioning light-colored leather to try the product in an inconspicuous place to make sure that t he product does not darken or alter the appearance of the leather.
on November 30, 2013
This conditioner is great. It absorbs quickly and leaves no greasy, waxy or sticky residue. I've used it on a variety of leathers including untanned/natural vachetta, smooth and pebbled leathers, goatskin, and snakeskin. I have not seen any color change or dye transfer, nor has it affected the sheen of any leathers. Everything that I've used it on has absorbed it easily and felt noticeably softer and more supple after. I use this without hesitation on high end leather goods such as Hermes and Louis Vuitton (the leather trim only, of course).
Because the consistency of this product is rather thin and runny, it can be a little messy to work with. I also find that drier leathers need multiple applications to really feel adequately moisturized. I don't mind that, though, because no matter how much I put on the items never feel greasy.
on December 6, 2012
Does what it says. Used it on stingray boots without issue. No bad smell and easy to use.
Will buy again when needed.
on January 17, 2014
I have Been using for years. It is the best thing for leather jackets, shoes, purses, etc. keeps leather from drying out
on October 15, 2013
This product does exactly what it's supposed to do, without any drawbacks.

I purchased it for use on a cowhide leather sofa (light brown color) and a camel leather jacket (dark brown). Neither item had seen a leather conditioner, ever. After one application of this product, both looked much healthier! They had a nice glow, and the conditioner very nicely minimizes wear areas and brings them back to the original color. The items were so thirsty, I didn't need to buff out the conditioner afterwards, and even reapplied a second coating.

Pros:
1) Works great on exotic leather. I was worried that my camel leather wouldn't appreciate the compound, but it worked very well, and left it feeling soft + like new
2) No odor or color change. Less than an hour after applying, it was (other than the nice healthy-leather look) impossible to tell that the conditioner had been applied

Cons:
None.
on October 15, 2015
This is a great product for leather boots. There's nothing better, and it's extremely easy to use. It's not as creamy as saddle soap, and not as oily as neatsfoot oil. You just sort of pour it on, rub it around, and the leather soaks it up. No rags - no wet sponges - no wiping off - no nothin'. If your leather is dry, it refreshes it. The end result is soft leather, and it makes even old boots look a lot newer. I do believe it darkens your leather a bit, but who cares if it makes your boots last longer?