5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful.
Published on March 28, 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Condition Unacceptable
Not only did I not realize I was ordering a used book, but when it arrived, it was stained and worn and in ratty condition. I was NOT at all happy with the purchase. I would have returned it if it had been worth paying the return postage.
Published 6 months ago by Cindy Wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful., March 28, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
I'm not a serious student of ACIM, but have a passing familiarity from the books and tapes of Marianne Williamson and others. This volume, which I found purely by accident (are there accidents?), is a beautiful collection of quotes from the course. Reading it serially, or picking it up and opening to any page leaves one with a true sense of peace. I would absolutely recommend it for those who find the full text of the Course too much to take on.

5.0 out of 5 stars You Will Remember Everything the Instant You Desire It ..., December 23, 2007
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
The Course of Miracles can be daunting especially if you decide that you are going to go at it alone. People usually buy it, read a few pages, and up on the shelf it goes. There's even a joke in Course in Miracles groups, that it has a shelf life of 8-10 years before it gets picked up again. That's okay, because Truth, like Beauty, stands and waits. Truth is Like Love, it never pushes its own way. Besides, Truth really isn't in a book whether it be the Bible or Ralph Waldo Emerson or A Couse in Miracles. Truth is in you now. In Truth, Truth is who you are...

That's okay, you can be a little startled. But I invite you to simply breathe in the statement; Truth is who I am...
and breathe it out, Truth is what I am...

Again, you don't have to force this to be True. It already is. You don't have to accept it. You can reject it. In fact, many of us have spent many lifetimes doing so. But I just want you to know, there is Something calling you to this teaching because at a very deep level, you know that you are of God...of Spirit...of Life. You know that you are not of this world. At a certain level of things, deep in our subconscious minds, we remember the Original Ectasy of being created out of Pure Love, Pure Joy, Pure Innocence. On a human level, we think that if we had the fancy home, or the shiny Mercedes, or the "right" partner, we'd be happy - and I'm not knocking these things - but what we really desire, what we really, really want is to be One with God, again.

Well, good news, we already are and we can never leave home without it...sorry, bad joke, I know.

This book is not as intimidating as the actual Course in Miracles text. The format is much easier to read than the Course. If you hadn't read the Course, there are certain parts of it written in iambic pentameter. The very same style of writing that William Shakespeare and John Donne would use. Once you get used to it, however, it flows beautifully, but if you are not used to it, you'll find yourself stumbling and tripping over the lines. At least, this was my experience.

This book is perfect for just leaving on the nightstand and reading just before going to bed or right after waking up - or both -it's a great way to begin your meditation. Usually, I'll shorten the quote even more to just a sentence and take it into meditation. Here are some examples:

Let forgiveness be the substitute for fear. This is the only rule for happy dreams...

Every choice you make establishes your own identity as you will see it and believe it is...

There is nothing outside you...

Love will immediately enter into any mind that truly wants it...

A therapist doesn't heal, he lets healing be...

The last one I have laminated and put over my desk. I have to remember as a Spiritual Counselor, I don't heal anyone. I see their Truth now. I see only Spirit...only Love...only God...and if I cannot see Spirit, then I must heal my mind about them.

I love this book. I wish the pictures were in color, but that would make for a very expensive book, but it is a wonderful addition to any Spiritual Library. And, if you are still hesitant about the actual book, I invite you to attend a Course in Miracles Study Group. I had my own for almost six years and I absolutely loved it. Now I attend one and it's a big difference going from facilitator to participator.

Buy this book as a gift to yourself. Allow the wounds of the past to be healed once and for all. Make 2008 great because you deserve to be at peace. Afterall, something within you already is.

Peace & Blessings,
john, 'the Light Coach'

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is simplifies ACIM into poetic form., February 7, 1999
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
Many students of A Course In Miracles have difficulty getting into the material because of the style in which it is written. Gifts From A Course In Miracles puts the text into a format that makes it easy to understand and digest.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great distillation of the Course's main message, November 27, 1999
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
I found the Course to be too dense. This, however, is just right. It has all the essential truth in a much easier to digest form.
Daniel

5.0 out of 5 stars Right on Target, October 19, 2001
"peacelover" (College Park, Maryland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
With so much to absorb in so few hours during the day, this beautiful book allows us to glean the jewels from ACIM and immediately receive the full benefits of its purpose--a gift of peace and healing with generous reassurances of love. It is thoughtfully compiled and offers delightful food for thought for so many of us that are short on time, but still long for spiritual sustenance. I plan to include it on my holiday gift list for friends and family. Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Resource re: the Tenets of "The Course", June 19, 2005
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
I must confess that I have not yet read "The Course in Miracles" - Due to it's sheer size, I've felt a bit intimidated. I have, however, read many, many books that deal with the ideas espoused in "The Course", and I've foud these ideas to make quite a lot of sense!

This particular book, "Gifts from a Course in Miracles", is written in such a way that each major "tenet" is further broken down into smaller sub-sections - each dealing with a part of the "tenet" being discussed - and it's written quite similar to the form of a poem. I really like the format, as it makes the info. easier to digest.

If you are at all interested in finding out about the ideas espoused in "The Course", or even if you're already a student of it, I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a complete joy, December 25, 2003
Emil Dickens (Somerset, KY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
This book was given to me by a dear friend in a time of great changes in my life; it allowed me to see the real meaning and joy in the fiber of life. It is absolute love, every page. Please do yourself and everyone you love a favor, purchase this gift, you and they will treasure it always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifts from A course in Miracles, January 14, 2006
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
This is truly a very special book. I have bought quite a few just for presents. It is great for anyone who is already a student of "A course in Miracles" or if they just want to get a glimpse at what it is really all about. The introduction alone by Marianne Williamson is worth the price of the book. It also would be a terrific book for anyone who is thinking about joining a Study Group for the Course. The book is edited by two people who have been students of the Course for many years and it is their favorite sections put together in a very special way. A must read!!!!

Dorothy Gautier

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for daily meditation, March 19, 2006
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
A wonderful interpretation of the ideas expressed in The Course In Miracles. Great for daily meditation. A lovely gift for anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gifts From A Course In Miracles, March 13, 2011
Alan Sindler (Colorado Springs,CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifts from A Course in Miracles (Paperback)
If you're a student of the ACIM, you'll love this book, as it serves as a great companion to it. If you're not a student, because you found ACIM a little too ponderous, yet the material resonated with you, you'll love this book, because though nothing has been added, it stands a a beautifully condensed collection of it's sayings, organized into many of the most poignant themes of our life journey. If you've never been exposed to ACIM before, well, you may or not love this book, but if the material is for you this is certainly a great introduction to it. Perhaps it will be something that leads you to the original, or, perhaps it will just stand on it's own for you, for now. Then again, maybe it's not for you, just yet. Either way, this is a great book to read to find out. ..... "A universal theology is impossible, but a universal experience is not only possible but necessary." - ACIM (C-in.2:5)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Gifts from A Course in Miracles
Gifts from A Course in Miracles by Roger N. Walsh (Paperback - May 24, 1995)
$15.95 $12.82