Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on December 13, 2010
Beautiful design! These are somewhat smaller than some candle lanterns, which makes them more suitable for tabletop decoration (although they are still large enough to hang outside if that is your purpose). Four tea lights fit comfortably inside, so you can have the light of four candles at once, which makes them useful in low light as well as decorative. The scroll work sides are not lined with glass, so real candles would blow out in windy conditions, but the metal design makes them much more attractive than the glass sided lanterns, although the metal scrollwork does block some of the light compared to glass-sided. If I were getting only one moroccan candle lantern, this would be it. For the holidays, I am using battery operated tea lights with shifting colors, which are lovely against the white, but I will also use them on the patio when the weather turns warm. I got them for the holidays, but I like them so well, I will find some way to use them year round.
on June 28, 2012
Was skeptical from comments that would be small but that is not the case.
Sturdy, and even though the box for each is not hard, they all arrived in good condition with top finial loop in bubble wrap inside and all screwed onto dome top without a problem. The little door is one whole side panel and had a little lift wire that fits into a tube to keep closed. Good idea for wind or bumping by kids and adults. None of the 4 feet were uneven so they all sat correctly.

You could hang it from a shepherd's hook outdoors or indoors in a tin bucket or white plastic flower pot (filled w/baggies of sand OR if room in 9-12" pot I think using roundish edger blocks, like one on each side of shepherd's hook lower h base so no worry about leaks of sand in church).

These also will look great hanging inside an arbor arch OR just set on mirror base on table with a couple of glass votive candles so they flicker through the scrollwork to cast shadows all over the tables. Simple tie a wire on top to hang it by or if flameless LED lights use small silk or real flowers with a bow OR in my case I will use a couple of Amazon's wax covered flameless flicker LED light faux candles and attach two-sided photos of wedding couple on top ring with a bow under photos.

You only are limited by your imagination...just make sure if things on top are flamable then use flameless faux flicker LED lights.
Look for: 24 Flamless LED Votive & Tea Lighted Candle Set
OR
use some other Flicker LED Tea light set and put them in some frosted votive cup so hides the tea light a little so looks more like a candle through the scrollwork. You could also get plain votive cups & spray with FROSTED type Spray Paint...use a couple thin coats to get opaqueness you desire. You could also modge-podge on some white tissue paper on outside of votive cup for clouding or frosting the glass...really any color of tissue paper to match your decor keeping in mind darker colors will BLOCK the light though.

I suppose you could also buy those little battery powered Christmas type twinkle lights & stuff them inside, but I doubt those last very long.

I am taking photo with measuring ruler so that you can visualize easier.
Really companies that sell products should be providing photos with ruler gauge--as with any decorating product!
on September 22, 2011
I purchased this lantern to see if it would work as part of a table centerpiece for my daughter's wedding. The lantern is SUPER cute, but a little too small to use as a table centerpiece. It looks great with a candle lit inside. I would definitely recommend it, but would also recommend that you buy ONE to see it before you decide on a large purchase.
on August 16, 2011
I bought these to use as centerpieces for my cocktail tables at my wedding. They were very affordable and I was happy with the quality of them. I used a tealight candle inside.
on April 25, 2012
This is a nice size and metal. I love it is heave and could even be hug on a small Sheppard's hook in the garden. It is a nice weight and beautiful to look at. Looks like a real Victorian birdcage.
on January 2, 2013
This is a cute little lamp! It turned out to be much larger than I expected. I like it, although I would inform anyone buying it that the top ring screws on a little crooked, and the latch doesn't work very well. Regardless, it does the job I wanted it for, so I'm pleased.
on May 7, 2013
This is beyond poorly made! I know you get what you pay for, but one side is shorter than another, the door doesn't close, it is junk.
on August 29, 2013
This white scroll work candle holder lantern makes for a beautiful design when the candle is lit. It spread intriguet patterns across the walls and creates a splendid feel for all who are there.
on May 30, 2012
The perfect little accessory for my living room. I really love it. It is dainty but detailed. The white really pops again my green walls. I will most likely purchase more.
on July 16, 2013
We use these for weddings, cheap, cute and versatile! Shipping was super quick and I honestly plan to go back and grab some more to use around the house and such...