5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen extremely pretty
Published on April 6, 2012 by Mary Cooley

3.0 out of 5 stars Color is off
We love this fireplace screen. However, the color threw us for a look. When we openned it up and set it out we were suprised that the color was more oreange than a dark rustic brown or green color we were hoping for. I guess that is one of the things we have to deal with when we purchase things online. It is a nice screen.
Published 16 months ago by Navsak10

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Screen extremely pretty, April 6, 2012
I just bought this screen to go along with the GelFire log set I bought for my faux fireplace. Really dresses up the fire place. I needed something to keep my animals away from the flames when I lite the Gelfuel Fyre log set. works great and look extremely good. Can't believe I got it for the price I paid. It's not too dark as other reviewer stated, maybe they were expecting something different. I highly suggest buying this one

5.0 out of 5 stars A different opinion, December 13, 2011
I bought this screen because another review said it was too dark. I wanted to use it as a patio screen to hide some pottery items and dark was what I wanted. The screen isn't at all dark. For me, it's way too light, but it's lovely, and I will find a good use for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice piece, June 27, 2012
I purchased this item for my grandmother. It looks beautiful in her living room. It looks exactly as it does in this picture. You won't be disappointed!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good quality, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Gifts & Decor Rustic Scrollwork Iron Florentine Fireplace Screen (Misc.)
This firescreen is as ugly as everyone says it is, but we will repaint it with high temp spray paint. The fabricators went overboard with an orange/copper paint, so take off a few points for this. Some of the scroll work was welded on a little lopsided, so it loses a few more points. One of the 'wings' is welded on slightly crooked; it is very stiff and difficult to change the angle. For these deficiencies, I'd rate it a 4 star. The first day we used it, I reached behind it to turn down the temperature setting on our gas fireplace. For this, I received a healthy gash on my arm. Checking closely showed that the screen material sticks up past the top of the screen. The cut ends of the metal mesh are sharp and dangerous. Because we need a screen to keep our pets away from the hottest surfaces, we're keeping the firescreen. To make it safe, I will have to use a small grinder to take off the dangerous wire protrusions. We looked at firescreens at a local box store and found similar problems. In a nutshell, it's a cheaply made Chinese product. Every firescreen we looked at was made in China. My intention is not to run down the Chinese, but this experience doesn't speak well of the goods that are being imported. I would gladly pay more for a better made product. Unfortunately, there's no way to know until we buy something, take it home and use it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Color is off, March 7, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Somewhat cheaply made :(, August 11, 2013
This screen IS pretty, however it looks cheaply made. It arrived quickly and fully assembled. Nothing was missing or bent.
In all honesty, I would recommend it because its a nice shape and the color is true to the picture.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice for the price, March 1, 2013
Makes our fireplace look very nice and fancy Has a nice rust color.
Had a small hole on one side of the screen when I received it, I contacted seller who refunded 50% of the price! Great service and product

4.0 out of 5 stars rustic scrollwork iron florentine fireplace screen, April 16, 2012
This is a lovely screen, which will go well with our new Victorian fireplace.

Only flaw is that I thought from the picture that it would be dark.
It has some 'antiquing' aqua & gold paint added to the brown, that do not quite look right.
Will probably touch this up.

Sturdy & very decorative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful!!!, March 1, 2013
It is even more beautiful than pictured. It arrived in perfect shape and it is a beautiful addition to my new home.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Screen is Nice but is actually rustic red and not the color in the picture, January 19, 2013
I like the screen. It is not heavy and not too big. The color is like a rustic red. The color represented on Amazon is not close to the actual color. The order arrived promptly and was packed well. Overall, I am happy with the purchase and I think it is worth I price I paid, especially when it was shipped free.

Rate and Discover Movies