4.0 out of 5 stars Durden's "Gifts of an Eagle" too good to be out of print., December 21, 1997
Jeff Wright "OneTree" (Hendersonville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Hardcover)
Kent Durden's "Gifts of an Eagle" was a rare find at the Public Library, and one of those books you want to own once you've read it. There is something about "Lady", the eagle that Kent and his father raised, that reveals a personality, a wild conciousness that was quite marvelous to witness "firsthand". Kent and his father got a liscense from the state of California to capture and raise this golden eagle, (something I doubt is even possible any more, which makes this a piece of history too.) For anyone who loves eagles, you will never get a more personal experience than this. Although out of print, this excellent book can still be found with a little digging.

5.0 out of 5 stars what an incredible story!, April 12, 2014
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
Being of Native descent, eagles are sacred to my Nation, and having worked with smaller raptors, I have some insight into what it takes to handle one... But this book gave me more than I bargained for! I laughed, and cried, and smiled the whole time. I highly recommend this book to anyone who loves nature, or simply a good read!

4.0 out of 5 stars An old friend, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
My dad gave me this book that he read as a kid when I was younger. I wanted to reread it while I was on the go so I purched the kindle version. The story overall is very entertaining. The writer, as he states, is not a writer so the story isnt as embelished or fancy as it could be. Reading this book is like listening to your grandpas stories. I really enjoy it still.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, March 16, 2014
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
This book was such a pleasure to read. Totally entertaining and endearing. Lots of interesting facts told in the wittiest way with a good measure of suspense utilized to tell the tale. Do not hesitate to try this book. I have bought copies for all of my naturalist friends to rave reviews.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, August 19, 2013
Lance (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
A quick interesting read. At times the narrative bogged down, but overall the book is interesting and certainly well intended. It has a happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
Bought this book as a gift for my husband who is very interested in eagles. He devoured it in no time, sharing so many of the stories that he read about this bird and the father and son she touched with her life

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful read suitable for both adults and young teens, December 29, 2012
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
Read the book on Kindle but also have the actual book and DVD. A wonderful story of the relationship between man and eagle. The relationship was pretty much equal especially in the eagle's eyes. I'd recommend reading the book first and then watching the DVD since there is much more detail in the book.

I also soar in gliders and frequently have hawks, vultures and seagulls sharing and circling in the same thermal I would be flying in. I never cease to marvel at their beauty and total grace and ease in the air. Seeing an eagle close up is really something. This book just brings the eagle to life.

Note that the kindle version appears to place all the pictures at the end while in the book it appears after several different sections. In this case it is much easier to flip back and forth in the actual book. A very small nitpick to an overall great experience both kindle and actual book.

If you like this book you will also love "Wesley the Owl".

Highly recommended.

P.S. Another reviewer mentioned that the book is out of print. You can still get it along with the DVD here: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely remarkable!, July 9, 2012
E. Karasik (Washington, DC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Hardcover)
I just adored this wonderful little book. Not only was it full of keen wildlife observations but it was totally hilarious. Any animal lover will happily devour it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 23, 2014
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Hardcover)
Lovely book, as are his others.

Made me long for a simpler time, and thoughtfully done.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... read it a long time ago and it was good to read it again, September 14, 2014
This review is from: Gifts of an Eagle (Kindle Edition)
I had read it a long time ago and it was good to read it again.

Gifts of an Eagle