Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback May4th

on November 27, 2002
There's a good, scientific reason that most cookie recipes have you cream together butter and sugar before you add ingredients. The problem with this book--like many mason jar cookie cookbooks--is that the cookie recipes seem to be just "regular" cookie recipes made without doing that step first. The resulting cookies have little taste and are overpoweringly sweet and dry. I only tried two...but after two, I couldn't bear to try any more.
on December 8, 2001
Although I thought this book had great ideas, when I went to sample the recipes before I made them for friends, I found the consistency of the dough very dry and impossible to "spoon" out by rounded spoonfuls. I had to use my hands to smush the dough together. I may have to make my own recipes instead.
on January 27, 2003
I have most of the books in this series. My parents are aging and I have been looking for items that I can make for them which will have a long shelf life and would require them to do minimal food preparation, yet still have a 'home cooked meal'. The recipes fit the bill for the most part. In each book I found that there were a few recipes that are great and some I wouldn't try at all. This is what I usually find in any cookbook. I would comment that each book only has about 25 or so recipes in it. The rest of the pages consist of 6 copies each of pre-made instruction cards to enclose with each food package. I did feel disappointed in the number of recipes for the cost of the book
on September 21, 2001
I have had so much fun with this book already! Making the mixes is so easy and the gifts in a jar make really affordable but neat gifts. I'm planning on making up a bunch more for Christmas for the Sunday School teachers and friends--especially to keep some on hand for those unexpected neighborly drop in gifts!
on December 3, 2002
...it still makes a good cookie. I tried 2 recipes and made it with my stand mixer. My cookies were fine but they are of the thin and crispy variety, not the thick, chewy kind. I've already made up jars to give as gifts (flour & sugar trickles down through the ingredients - like chips and nuts - so I just reversed the order making sure all powdery stuff was on the bottom). All in all they're good gifts for anyone who wants homemade without the fuss of measuring (i.e. college students or projects for kids).
on November 19, 2006
I'm making some of these gift-in-a-jar cookies for holiday gifts. I tried the recipe before actually giving the gifts away, and I am very glad that I did. The cookies turned out very thin and crispy, as if they didn't contain enough flour or oats. I experimented in my kitchen, and by adding about 1/4 cup oats to the jar mix, the cookies turned out very delicious.

I also think that it would have been nice if the book had given you more than six of each of the gift cards.

This book is very nice, but I'd try the recipes before giving them away.
on January 31, 2016
I love this book since it will help with those small and difficult gifts for friends and neighbors. However, the book was incomplete since it lacked the twine, fabric, and gift tags. I guess I will have to make my own. Considering the price and the excellent shipping, I really did get everything I need for easy and practical gifting.
on August 11, 2005
All of the books I ordered are great fun for the senior population I work with...they are able, even with a handicap to make these gifts for others and have pride in what they make.
on May 13, 2011
I made several of these at Christmas time to give to my neighbors and such. Everyone enjoyed them! Thanks
on February 6, 2014
I love these books! My order came in quickly and am looking forward to making more "homemade" gifts.
I have had nothing but compliments from people who I have given these gifts too! All the recipes are easy and fun to put together. Just makes sure when it says to use wide mouth jars, you do that! I would highly recommend this book as well as the sellers!