5.0 out of 5 stars A cool, sleek looking set for the little alien in all of us.
Published 21 months ago by Joshua Glowzinski

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't belive everything you read...
If you are interested in the 3 movies, you will not be disappointed. If you are expecting 4 discs, as described, forget it.
You only get three. This is the second time, in a month, where the product description, for an item I bought, does not match the item received.
I do not know who is writing the content, but the criteria to do so must be very minimal. Please...
Published 14 months ago by Mr. T. Herrmann

5.0 out of 5 stars A cool, sleek looking set for the little alien in all of us., December 3, 2012
This review is from: Men in Black/Men in Black 2/Men in Black 3 Giftset with Worm Figurine (Blu-ray + UltraViolet Digital Copies) (Blu-ray)
I got this set today and was surprised by how light it was. I thought there would be three Blu-Ray cases. But, unfortunately the company that released them decided to have the type of set in which the discs just lay there on the sleeves. They were all fine, but I took them out and put them in Blu-Ray cases so I could be sure they would not be damaged by the package. The case that holds the discs is very solid and seems well built though. The case is in a sleeve and you slide it from the top or bottom to get the case out and then the Blu-Rays are inside. It looks very under cover and cool. The figure seems very well made and will look very cool sitting in whatever place I decide to stick it. Each blu ray is packed with special features. Things like photo galleries, behind the scenes, blooper reel, games and commentary. I always watch all the special features, so this is a great thing for me and those who do so as well.

I easily downloaded the digital copy for each. Well, I have had problems with actually getting the movies from Sony. The Sony Media manager is not showing up on my Windows 8 PC. But that has nothing to do with the movies, or the fact that they were easily put into my movies list on Ultraviolet. I just have to figure out how to download them. All and all I think this is a very cool set that any fans of the movie should own. I got it for less than $60 which is a great price.

While I gave this set a 5 because of the great movies, the sturdy packing and all the great special features, I would give the way the Blu-Rays are in the case a 1. Just put the discs in the standard cases. They may cost more, but I would rather pay more and have safe discs than pay less and have to worry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia Galore, December 4, 2012
For those of us who grew up with Men in Black, this set is a wonderful dose of nostalgia. Although most will probably ignore the universally disliked MiB2, the first and third movies alone make this set worth purchasing. The first movie is a classic, and the third does an excellent job of tying up loose ends and further exploring the deep relationship between our two favorite agents. While the discs could have been packaged more securely, it isn't a big problem and it surely helps to keep the cost down a bit.

The worm figurine is probably not the primary reason most shoppers will buy this gift set, but it's pretty well made and it's certainly a conversation piece. For those who haven't seen the movies, this would be a great introduction to the trilogy. It's even worth slogging through the second movie. Despite the somewhat average reviews of the third movie, it stands very well on its own and is even better when taken in the context of the previous movies. This box set would certainly make a perfect gift for the holidays as well, whether for someone else or for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool Collection!, December 6, 2012
I had been eyeing this on Amazon for several weeks but worried my wife would not agree to putting out the money for this, and anyway she's not much of a Men in Black fan like I am. I happened to be at a store a couple of days after MIB 3's release and saw this there too & happened to have credit at this place so I picked it up. (Nothing personal Amazon...I do purchase plenty on here though).

The collectible that comes in this collector's set is really rather cool...I set it on our TV stand right next to our TV, upon my wife's approval of course. She may not be a big fan of Men In Black but she does like some of the aliens and stuff in it, LoL.

The trilogy comes in a collectible case with a dust cover, and I think it's pretty cool. I did see ads at some places that 3 was suppose to have a DVD copy but never found one in it. However, I'm not going to rate the product lower because the product itself doesn't say there is a DVD copy...just some various sites got it wrong.

As for the movies, 1 is and will always be my favorite...I remember watching that movie when it came out and I've loved it ever since. After having watched 3, which I hadn't actually gotten a chance to see sadly until I bought this set, it officially became my 2nd favorite...I figured I'd like it after all the reviews I'd seen for it, and my dad & some friends told me it was pretty good, so I figured it was a safe bet. 2 is my 3rd favorite...good, but just not quite up to par with 3, and certainly not with 1. Here is my individual ratings for each film:

Men in Black 5/5
Men in Black 2: 3.5/5
Men in Black 3: 4.5/5

So here's the scoop: If you have never seen a single Men in Black film in your life, what's wrong with you? If you have seen say 1 but not the others, I still recommend seeing them but 1 is the best, 3 is pretty good, and 2 is just good/not bad. I for one really enjoy the whole series of movies, and this was certainly the perfect collector's set to add to my collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars just what we ordered, May 10, 2014
this was actually ordered as a damaged item - it took me a while to figure out what was damaged. oh wait - the box had a little tear. I guess if I cared to keep the box (long since in the trash) that might have bothered me. the movies - no problems at all. paying a third of what the new version of this really works for me, since my intent was to get the movies for my husband, who was tickled! (& no the torn box corner didn't bother him either) very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 movies in one case...nice, March 18, 2014
I like that all 3 movies are together....I got this from a friend w/ the bobble head alien as a gift..but I let my family borrow it and they misplaced it...so I was glad to find one cheaper than buying one new...

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, January 5, 2014
I love the men in black series.....especially the first two. When I saw the complete set with the worm guy figurine, I had to have it. Anyway....great movies...cute worm guy

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite series!, December 26, 2013
This is my friend's favorite movie series and she loves it!

Fun to have a MIB marathon at the house.

5.0 out of 5 stars mib blu ray set is worth the money if like mib, June 7, 2014
I was over at a dollar general and i was just looking at their Christmas stuff that they had on sale for presents and i they had this blu ray set for 6 dollars it was the last set i mean men in black 1 @ 2 goes for 15 dollars each and it also has part 3 in it which goes for 20 dollars now on blu ray because it came out last year on blu ray and plus it also comes with a worm bubble head made for men in black 3 so it's worth it but if you love mib

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty cool for the price, December 24, 2013
I bought this item on a lighting deal (close to $20), and I'm very satisfied. I got all 3 movies on bluray, on ultraviolet (I use vudu.com) and the collectible item. It was a gift for my wife. She loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trilogy for MIB!, December 9, 2013
This is a really good trilogy, I enjoyed all 3 of the movies, even if the 1st and second movie is really cheesy with the story and graphics, they are still classics!

Rate and Discover Movies