Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Gig Posters Volume I Paperback – April 1, 2009
"Cats in Paris" by Won-Sun Jang
For lovers of cats, Paris and coloring! Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1) This is an excellent 1st Edition.
2) The author included hard to find and relevant examples that are definitive of the genre
3) Wide breadth of artists, designers, bands, styles, etc. represented
4) The number one reason this is a 5 Star book is that the production values are magnificent, the paper stock is heavy, the prints are beautiful, the typos are nil (I haven't found any), registration is on-key, color is great, binding is durable, jacket is great. This is a value in today's cut and paste culture of mass media. This book presents the content in way that makes you want to open it again and again. This book belongs on top of your coffee table.
I really like the way it is printed on nice, heavier stock and each page comes with perforations so you can tear out and display selected pieces as posters. It is a larger book (dimension-wise) and this lends itself well to the fact that it IS a poster book. Nothing worse than getting a new book on art posters or design and the like, only to find that the images are smaller than you'd like them to be and you miss out on great detail.
I'm often doing music and gig posters, so for me this is a great little asset for inspiration. It has a little write-up on each of the artists/creative studios with a website for each which is handy and personally always appreciated. I highly recommend this book. There is a wide range of artists and tons of stuff I haven't seen before.
There are something like 700 images and 100 rip out posters. I will now have to get a second copy so I can stick a few around the office and keep one for reference :)
1. The layout of the book is that any page you open up, on the right hand side there will be a full page poster. On the back is info about the designer of the poster, plus a few smaller images of the designer's work. The kicker here is that that the pages are all perforated so you display the posters as art in your home. A lot of these posters are out of print or sold out from the designer, so whether or not you chose to keep the posters the size in the book or enlarge them, you now have the chance to display many rare and beautiful posters.
2. It makes a great coffee table book. This is a great conversation starter and most music fans will be delighted to discover this book either at the bookstore or at a friend's house.
3. It showcases what has become a legitimate art form over the past 10 years. These artists have style all their own in the same way that artists working in other mediums do. This book will most likely provide a shot in the arm to a burgeoning art scene.
Whether or not you use this book to decorate your home, or add it to your personal library, it's a fantastic book. I can't wait for Volume 2!
Of course I took a quick peek through it before I wrapped. I have to say I will be buying a copy for myself! There are some posters that are removable for framing and display but I think I will leave my book whole.
It's great to see posters from small to large venue shows.
Don't know what else to say, if you are a music fan of any genre this book is definitely for you!
However, I personally like the variety in the second edition, compared to this one. If you're only getting one, I'd recommend the second.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I read the previous reviews on paper quality and I don't get what people are complaining about. I am picky and this seemed fine to me. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Michelle Hetherington
Very cool book. I love the fact that I can pull out the posters and use them how I want. I've put a few in frames and they look great. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Kevin65721
This book is everything I could have hoped for. A great reference book with Tons of info from the artists.Published 12 months ago by Kellie Leming
Item as described. I had no problem with order, shipping, or item itself. I would order again from this company.Published 13 months ago by Jueang Yam
The most useful "critical" review listed here hits hard on the paper stock and "washed out" colors of the book. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Medley