1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but has it's limitations, July 3, 2011
This review is from: Gigabyte T1125N-CF2 11.6-Inch Convertible Notebook - Metallic Hairline Brush (Personal Computers)
I purchased a T1125 N as a replacement for a HP Touchsmart I had been using for several years for my work, where I take a lot of handwritten notes. The HP had an AMD Turion processor which never really cut it, speed wise. On the plus side it had a full Wacom screen digitizer and stylus, so taking handwritten notes using MS Onenote was a breeze.

While the Gigabyte has wonderful capacitive screen, it does not have a digitizer. This was not clear in the specs when I bought it online. So it turns out that I gave up the ability to take notes, which is my primary purpose for wanting a tablet PC in the first place for a pretty screen. I have to say that the whole "swipe your finger and start a program" thing is of no particular interest to me. I wanted a fast, effective notetaker for my work. I then spent months looking for a stylus that I could get some use from. After using sponge tipped pens and rubber balls in a stick without any real success, I found the Dagi stylus. It is not perfect, but at least rendered the Gigabyte passable for note taking. But by no means perfect!

The Gigabyte would be perfect as a compact laptop. It is fast, has dual graphics for both work and gaming, and the screen clarity and colour are both very good. The docking station is a real innovation too. It just doesn't do what I bought it for very well. The bottom line is that if you want a powerful, compact laptop with great graphics, an i5 processor and a really smooth dock, then look no further.. If, however, you want to take handwritten notes that Windows can convert into text, then invest in a Dell Xt2 or a Lenovo. They both come with inbuilt digitizers and will do the job out of the box. They will, of course, cost about a grand more than the Gigabyte.

Rate and Discover Movies