5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone
Published 23 months ago by Andras

3.0 out of 5 stars Caller ID Issues in USA
This phones operation was fine, but I ended up returning it because of two issues that were important to me:
Published 19 months ago by Doug

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone, October 11, 2012
This review is from: Gigaset C300A-2 Dect_6.0 2-Handset Landline Telephone (Office Product)
Great product. There is an obvious world of difference between this phone (a German made product) and the Chinese wanna be cordless phones. It's easy to program (read the manual first), it has WAAAAY more features than any other cordless phone in this price range (you can even turn the voice mail indicator light on/off on the devices). A feature I really like, is that numbers programmed into a handset (we have 3 of them) do not necessary show up on all phones (if you want you can "send" them to all phones), but these are truly independent devices, so my programmed phone numbers on my handset don't have to mix with my daughter's, but some commonly used numbers everyone can have on all handsets, it's your choice.
The build quality is great, the range is great (if you don't put it eco/low radiation mode), again, you get to customize the range/rf output. Adding an additional device to the "network" is very easy, and quick (previous reviewer must have NOT read the manual).
You can have custom ringtones for phone numbers, the list of features is long...
Far better than any other brand I owned so far (Panasonic, Vtech, Sony included).

3.0 out of 5 stars Caller ID Issues in USA, February 20, 2013
1) Caller ID comes through but you can't override with personal names that I put in the phones directory. I did contact Gigaset and there response was "This is a known issue and unfortunately there is nothing to be done to overwrite the caller ID. The phone recognizes the signal coming from the provider and matches it with the directory entry and this happens ideally when the signal coming from the provider is just phone number. If there is an additional information coming through the line along with the phone number phone cannot recognize the signal. Unfortunately, the technology for all of our phones is the same and they are not able to replace the information from the caller ID."
2) The second reason was one that I have seen mentioned in a few Gigaset reviews and that is the high pitched whining and pulsing that seems to come from the wall transformer. It was very annoying for both my wife and daughter.

I bought this phone because of it's ability to reduce the RF emissions and/or turn them off when docked, but will have to search for other alternatives.

3.0 out of 5 stars Caller ID does not work, September 15, 2013
I also own Panasonic. Compared to Panasonic, here are the pros and cons of Gigaset
a) It is very compact
b) Design is good.
c) Has color screen
Cons
a) I find Panasonic to be more sturdy and tough.
b) Color ID does not work on the Gigaset
c) It looks very cheap and delicate plastic.

Thanks
Raj

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good purchase, excellent seller, January 27, 2014
Excellent quality product, very easy to use. After poor experience with various cheaper brands, we get what we need - easy to set up and use, quick battery reload and good distances coverage even inside a heavy concrete house. Highly recommended

3.0 out of 5 stars They will do in a pinch, prices right., December 5, 2013
The phones are okay sound better than most but does not perform like it says. Does not have caller ID or yet to show one for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific phone, July 24, 2013
John D. Murray (Purchase, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This phone set is a gem. Sound is superb, both incoming and outgoing. Great reception. Solid build. Easy setup. Best phone I have ever owned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone!, March 29, 2013
Thomas T. Chin (Tarrytown, New York) - See all my reviews
The phones are small but the sound is strong and loud, hard to believe. The features are easy to use and everything looks straightforward. The Germans seem to know how to make this kind of things.

2.0 out of 5 stars not a real beauty..., January 7, 2013
Pro- Nice looking phone, reasonably priced.
Con- Does not pick up call waiting with one click of dial button. It takes a few steps to pick up the the other line which can be frustrating.

The handset is very light. Overall operation does not feel very smooth and easy. I would not recommend purchasing this phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great phone but no jack for headset, August 14, 2013
I am replacing my old Gigaset with this one. I use it for my office and typically use a headset to work and talk at the same time. That is the only problem I have with this.
I wish it was noted somewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 15, 2014