Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation

VINE VOICEon August 9, 2006
My daughter is little over three years old and I had bought this software about a year ago directly from the founder of Giggles, since he lives in the Rochester, NY area. At first I was worried that the software is for babies and my toddler may not be interested. Not so! She loves the program even more now. Her knowledge of shapes and use of computers impresses even her teachers at the day-care.

I know for a fact that much research and hard-work had gone into the development of this software and it shows mightily; especially when compared to other products of similar genre.

I can't wait for the new products Giggles Software is developing.
on January 17, 2014
The idea here is to have software that protects your computer from random and chaotic keystrokes from your little ones, while at the same time engaging the child to promote computer usage and maybe some learning. To that end, the software does it's job. Sorta.

UPDATE: OUR OLD COMPUTER (WINDOWS XP) DIED AND WE UPDATED TO A NEW ONE WITH WINDOWS 7. THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS WILL INSTALL ON 7, BUT NOT RUN. THEIR WEBSITE HAS UPDATES, WHICH WE DOWNLOADED AND RAN, BUT OUR AVG SOFTWRE (WEBROOT) NOTIFIED US THAT THE UPDATES (ALL 3) HAD MALWARE IN THEM AND DELETED THE PROGRAMS. SO NOW WE HAVE NOTHING. Waiting on giggles.net to answer our support question.

UPDATE: THE GIGGLES.NET WEBSITE HAS A NON WORKING TELEPHONE NUMBER. (DISCO'D.)

Amazon will not let us review each version separately so this review is for the ABC/123, My Animal Friends, and the Shapes versions.

The ABC/123 is good, (4 stars) but there are only 10 'games' and 4 bonus activities, and they are all pretty basic. So for it's keeping his attention well but I'm sure he'll tire of it one day. [UPDATE: After 3 months, he's bored.] We bought this used for $15 (shipped) and it is very much worth it. But the "new" price is a bit high for me.

The Shapes version is just a waste of money except for the screen saver. Shapes are supposed to show your child 2 things: Learn to identify shapes and then show how they fit together to make bigger images. This product only does the first part and it does it poorly. Our child was bored with it after 3 days. The only thing he likes (and likes a lot) is the screen saver. It's really good but it's all he "uses." (He just waits for the SS to come on, runs over to the computer hit the keys, and then leaves it again.) So we set it to 3 minutes. All the other activities are just a waste of time. Most he was bored with on the first time. We also bought it used and even at that price I feel it's not worth it. One star for the Shapes software, 5 stars for the Shapes Screensaver.

My Animal Friends is pretty good, but the screen saver crashed the computer everytime it ran. We had to uninstall it. The softare for MAF is better than shapes, and is good. 4 stars for MAF, 0 stars for MAF screen saver.

Great idea, but not well executed. Far too few variety and too repetitive. There needs to be a lot more imagination used in the developement of this set of programs.
on July 30, 2007
This program is lots of fun for a baby. It runs a little slowly on our 700 MHz G4 eMac, but our baby loves it. The only critique, though, is that it won't run on a limited account in OS X. The companion game, 123 & ABCs will let me set up the baby's account to allow me to add it to her account's limits list, but the Animal Friends does not. As a result, either I cannot run it on her account, or I have to allow administrator privileges to her account. I cannot do that since her sister also uses the computer.
on November 22, 2009
I bought this for my nephew because he loves playing on the computer; however, in the process of playing on the computer, some files and programs were deleted or damaged. This computer program/game has been wonderful for him. It locks out the computer so he can have fun and his parents don't worry about the computer system messing up. :-)
on November 16, 2010
I bought these for my grandchild when she was 1, and she loved to watch the bright colors and motion. As she grew to be 2, she could use the computer herself to have fun with this disk. Very much fun for them and simple and easy to use.
on September 19, 2007
This software is awesome! It is great for babies and toddlers that are just learning cause and effect. This is a favorite pastime for my special needs daughter who is cognitively at toddler age. Beautiful colors and moves as quickly as her fingers do on the keyboard! You'll love it.
on January 11, 2013
I bought ahead because I wanted to make sure this didn't sell out. My grandbaby is 6 months old, and she loves cell phones and tv, so I thought, great, I will get the cd early. I was so excited and I could hardly wait until Christmas for her to open them. I was so disapointed because the cd's did not work. They would not even load on Windows or Vista. We tried 2 different computers, and even call Giggles baby.net customer support. They could not help me either. My memory was ruined, and now the seller will not refund the money I paid. When you pay over $50 for a present, and you can't get your money back for defective merchandise, it is a shame. Christmas Eve, my husband went into the hospital with blood clots in both lungs, and pneumonia, and he had just had spine surgery 2 weeks before. I had to leave my grandbaby and drive 7 hours home to go straight to the hospital, and have been tied up with him, so I am just now getting around to returning them. I even left them at my daughters house because I was in a hurry to get home. Long story short, I would never buy anything from this seller again, because they do not honor their sales in situations such as this. I feel sorry for anyone who spends this much money, only to be disapointed and not able to get a refund.
on February 23, 2007
I have bought so many baby/toddler games and none seem to work on my new imac. These are great and my 21 month old can do it herself. She loves it. I wish I cold find more like this.