5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt; Great Price for a tall guy!
Small setup incoming; TL;DR = Buy the crap out of these.

Published 23 months ago by Thirteenthcor

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as long like advertised
Published 6 months ago by Cindy Cottrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shirt; Great Price for a tall guy!, August 10, 2012
This review is from: Gildan 2000T Tall Cotton Tee (Apparel)
Small setup incoming; TL;DR = Buy the crap out of these.

Living where I do I can wear T-shirts year-round (don't be jealous of 100+ degree heat folks). So for a long time now I haven't bothered owning anything else. But, being a tall guy and carrying a lot of my height in my upper torso -kinda like Penn Jillette but I think I may have more height up top- it's been very important for me to find "nice" t-shirts I can wear to work and home, out on the town etc., but also being reliable as everyday wear without "affiliating" me with any stupid ideology via imagery. These shirts fit the bill completely. Long enough to allow me to flex without showing belly, crack, back etc. but short enough to avoid that knee-cap-covering juvenile "urban" look which I have felt forced into in the past because 3XL"B" was too darn short (being 99% of what you find B&M retail). These shirts sit right in the middle range of length which is ideal for casual dress that's not trying to make any sort of statement whatsoever. This way they're cheaper than Wal-Mart shirts, they have the right length for tall people (unlike Wal-mart) and they aren't covered with inane graphics, symbolism, and images.

A few people on these reviews are talking about using these as "undershirts"... I think they're far to heavy cloth to do that, and also, for how nice they are as just "T-shirts" I would just wear them thus. Therefore, I will rate these shirts not as an undershirt but rather as primary wear, and they still shine. I've been wearing T-shirts almost exclusively for years.. Literally nothing else save for an occasional sweater or that one-time-use parka, and I can safely say that these shirts feel like the most durable, comfortable, well-fitted and proper-length shirts I've ever owned.

I know there are other tall guys out there (I'm 6'8") that have felt trapped before into buying not clothing, but compromises. "fits right but too long" or "not to long/short, but 1-2 sizes to big and baggy" or "fits right around the chest but now it's showing my navel".. Well, I've been here, done that, and I can say these shirts are the farthest from a compromise you can get.

They're pure cotton, they breath but wick sweat, they're pre-shrunk which helps with 80% of the total shrinkage so you are getting probably around 90% of what you want (which for someone my height is a lot!) the colorfastness is good and they have nice dark contrast for their "black" and they don't look washed out. The collar isn't the size of an oil drum nor is it cutting off the carotids; they aren't tight in the shoulders/back then loose around the belly; they also seem to retain a lot of their original size after you put them on and don't become baggy or misshapen due to sitting/standing/laying down etc. I find this last feature wonderful because I hate looking like I picked my wardrobe out of the dirty-clothes hamper 6 hours into my day.

I also find it extraordinarily hard, being a 3XLT, to find black shirts that aren't slathered with some obnoxious "urban" art logo or juvenile "MMA" crap. Now I have my hands on comfortable plain black tees that are cheap enough to be disposable, versatile to go everywhere, and durable enough to do pretty much anything I personally find myself doing. At 11 bucks a shirt w/ free shipping you just can't beat that. I'll be ordering a good baker's dozen of these when I have the cash!

Thanks Direct Premium Buys and thank you Gildan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tee, February 3, 2012
These Tees in the tall size fit great. I'm 6' and 250 lbs with a long torso and they come almost to my crotch and the xlt size is a prefect fit. The material is extra heavy so you know you have on a shirt that will last. I have already washed & dried mine 4 times in warm water & dried on high heat with no sign of shrinkage.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more curse of the plumber, March 14, 2008
Needed some nice long tail t shirts that would stay tucked in. These fill the bill. Nice heavy weight cotton shirts.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY BEST T-SHRIT BUY IN THE LAST 30 YEARS, June 13, 2009
Herbert Schneider (FLAGLER BEACH FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gildan 2000T Tall Cotton Tee (Apparel)
I AM 6 FOOT 2 AND THESE T-SHIRTS ARE AN EXCELLENT FIT, WELL MADE AND ALL COTTON IS A PLUS, I AM GOING BACK TO PLACER ANOTHER ORDER, GREAT PRICE.
HERB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent T-Shirt, July 30, 2008
Excellent fit, especially in the neck area, and the sleeves are roomy. Did not shrink when washed. Heavy fabric. Well constructed. Good price. I wish they offered more colors in the large tall size (I'd buy more!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gildan Tall Tee shirts, April 7, 2009
Connie (Fairfax, VA, United States) - See all my reviews
Great quality, fast shipping they sent what I ordered and not a want to be tall it was a "real tall tee shirt. I will purchase more!
Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as long like advertised, December 27, 2013
These shirts are cheap quality. I contacted seller the day after Christmas to return them, and since they were ordered the end of October(more then 30 days ago), as a Christmas present, they will not accept the return. REALLY? Poor customer service. Return policies have always been changed during the holiday season. I will never shop with them again. Hopefully Amazon can help me out here. I will update if able after I hear a resolution.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ultra Cotton - Ultra Thin, September 30, 2011
This review is from: Gildan 2000T Tall Cotton Tee (Apparel)
I've been wearing Gildan Ultra Cotton T-Shirts for the past 15 years. I loved the thickness and the quality of them. The batch of Ultra Cotton T-Shirts I just received today are made of a much much thinner material than ever before. Some of my worn-out 5 year old Ultra Cottons are still thicker than these new ones.

I made the mistake of purchasing 12 new G200T shirts. I won't ever purchase these again; neither for myself nor for any of our community sports teams.

1.0 out of 5 stars They cost too much, January 13, 2014
Warren (Tucson, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gildan 2000T Tall Cotton Tee (Apparel)
I bought 2 Fruit of the Loom 6.1 oz. pocket t-shirts locally for $11.35, after tax. The cost on these, after tax and shipping was over $28. You can no longer assume Amazon has the best price on anything. Do your research.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, December 25, 2013
after about 5 washer the shirt does not fit snugly and the neck is very loose and sloppy. I would not recommend this shirt for anything other than a good cleaning rag around the house.

Gildan 2000T Tall Cotton Tee