5.0 out of 5 stars one of my favorite memories, August 20, 2011
This review is from: Giles of the Star (Hardcover)
When I was ten years old in 1948 my fifth grade teacher, Mrs. Ruth Hobbs who I will never forget
read this book chapter by chapter every day after we came back from lunch. Sixty four years
later the memory is obviously still with me which is why I am searching for a copy of the book.
It was an enchanting story. All of us would sit quietly, hands folded on our desks, anticipating
every sentence she would read. Occasionally she might pause and say something like "Well, enough
for today" and we would all respond "no, read some more." It was an enchanting story and
one that undoubtedly left an indelable memory for me. I'm at a loss to understand why this book is
not more well known or at least on a par with one of those "always and forever children's classics"
lists like Caddie Woodlawn and Tom Sawyer. I searched for it when my children were young thirty-something
years ago (without success) and would love to find a copy for one of my grandchildren; but $500+ is a bit
stiff for a retiree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Adventure for a child, November 9, 2007
Yvonne (Houston, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giles of the Star (Hardcover)
I read this book when I was a child at 10. Exciting and full of adventure for a young person. I would love to get a copy for my library

Giles of the Star
Giles of the Star (Hardcover - 1928)
Out of stock