Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on January 5, 2011
When I first heard the ProGlide was coming out, I was a bit skeptical on how it could be that much better than the regular Fusion. As is turned out, the ProGlide is better and noticeably so. There is definitely much less resistance when sliding this across my face. It also seems like I'm been getting a closer shave. The best part of the ProGlide is that your can use your old Fusion handles to attach the blades onto. No need to buy special ProGlide handles. The only bad part that I have noticed so far is that the ProGlide seems to wear down much faster than the old Fusion. I have to replace the ProGlide blades about a week earlier than I used to with the old Fusion.
55 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2010
Costly blades, but you can beat this cost. After each save, rinse the blade, towel dry it. Then take a hair dryer (blower) and dry it again. I picked this tip on the internet and it works. Rust is the killer of blades and drying it this way prevents rust. One blade performed as new after many, many shaves...and still going.
2626 comments| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 2, 2011
I travel quite a bit and keep the old Gilette Sensor Excel in my travel case, as well as the Fusion system at home. My beard is thick, black hair; a true test for any of these razor systems. Fusion has worked the best for me so far after having tried quite a few different blades. I was happy with it but when I went to go pick up blades last time, I thought I would give this one a try. While this is a good blade and a very smooth system, I don't really notice much (if any) of an improvement over the Fusion system. The blades are even more expensive than Fusion so I'm going to have to to pass. Because shaving is such a personal thing, I"m sure everyone will have their own opinion on these blades but for me, this was more cost with no additional value over the Fusion.
33 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 15, 2013
I was shipped 2 packages of 6 cartridges and while I haven't tried the 2nd package yet, the cartridges from the first package feel like they are trying to forcefully pull out each individual hair. I have used ProGlides before and never had that type of problem. The green strip showing the life of the cartridge is gone in 2 shavings.
on February 11, 2013
the blades you sent, which I don't think to be genuine, wear down extremely fast compared
to the ones I buy in CVS, which are of course more expensive.
on February 7, 2014
I always bought the Gillette Fusion ProGlide from CVS and I have been very satisfied with the product. I made the mistake of ordering it at Amazon and realized that it is not real one from Gillette. I read the old reviews after the fact and realized that other customers had the same issues.
on February 13, 2011
I want to give it a good 1-2 months of use before I wrote a review about them. In short, are these new Fusion Proglide blades better than the previous Fusion Power/Manual blades? YES.

The advertised thinner blades do make a difference: these is less drag and effort applied when I shave with my Fusion Power blade handle (you don't need to buy the new Fusion Proglide Power shaver to use these new blades). I find the shave to be much more comfortable and enjoyable with these new Proglide blades than with the Fusion Power ones I've been using for the past 2 years.

Is there a significant difference between the Proglide Manual and Power cartridges? Not that I can tell and not enough for me to fork over the extra money for them. The battery-powered handle makes the difference in the shave in my opinion.

Another reviewer mentioned that blade maintenance makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE in the longevity of your blades, and that is true. Always clean your blades with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol after each shave to remove the mineral deposits left by your sink water.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on June 10, 2014
First, the one I received required the Jaws of Life to open the package. Are razor blades so valuable that they have to make it impossible to access the product once purchased?

Secondly, in the last package I bought here on Amazon, 4 of 8 were bad blades from the get-go. They were dull, caused rash and even a bit dangerous if you ask me. These are far too expensive for that. When they're good, they're fine. But when you end up hurting yourself and can only use 4 of 8, well, now the price has doubled. Are these people selling seconds on Amazon????
on October 22, 2015
I do not know if that makes this counterfeit as I cannot feel a difference yet. I have used Proglide exclusively for years and I do recognize variance in store bought razors, some being better than others. Starter kits always seem to include sharper razors. Perhaps this is manufactured for a different region. Just be aware.
review image
on June 10, 2013
It was missing two pieces... and the seal wasn't even broken.
U can't even tell if there's anything missing until u open it.. it's covered and a quality person can't check what's inside. u've been warned.