Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 26, 2010
Once upon a time in the Midwest, a rough-bearded man with a sensitive face bought a pack of disposable razors. The razors were ordinary razors, from Gillette. Those razors don't come into this tale. But attached to the outside of the pack of ordinary razors was one special razor, a sample of another razor model. This is its story.

At first, the special razor lay in the bathroom drawer, watching as ordinary razors were used and thrown away, used and thrown away. It was a lonely existence as the only one of its kind. No bright colors or fancy features made this razor stand out from the crowd. Razors came and razors went as the tough-bearded man shaved his sensitive face.

Then one day it was the special razor's turn.

The first shave was fine, a nice close shave that didn't sting that sensitive face. It might even have ended that day, if the rough-bearded man had thrown the special razor in the trash. But he didn't, for he was frugal too.

The second shave was fine as well.

And the third. Unusual, thought the rough-bearded man.

But the fourth time he shaved his sensitive face with the special razor is when he began to suspect that this razor was special, indeed. What razor stays sharp for four shaves? And a disposable too! The man felt his smooth skin and wondered if it could be. He set the razor aside just in case, on the slimmest hopes there could be another smooth shave. How wonderful, how magical that would be!

The next day came, as they always do. And the rough-bearded man lifted the special razor to his sensitive face. And shaved.

No pulling! No stinging! A smooth and silky shave! It was all true. Then the rough-bearded man knew that this was not merely a special razor. Nay, this was indeed -- a Magic Razor!

He asked the razor its name. The razor said, "Gillette Custom Plus 3 Sensitive".

The rough-bearded man with the sensitive face smiled a wide smile with his smooth skin. Some say the razor smiled too.

The End
These Gillette "CustomPlus 3" disposable razors are made for sensitive skin and do work well, without causing irritation. I picked these up while on a family vacation after both my son and I left our electric razors at home. These are the first "regular" razors my son has used and both of us have very sensitive skin, but they gave us a good close shave without any irritation. After using the same razor for three days in a row the blades are still sharp.

Highly Recommended!

CFH
on December 28, 2012
I had been using the Schick equivalent three blade disposable to shave my face and head and it's really not that good. I had been using it though because the really cheap-o two blade models typically don't work well, don't have a pivot head (which really sucks for shaving your head) or wear out after one use due to the additional passes required. The more expensive models haven't proven to be any better or last longer, just cost more.

I found these and they're the most cost effective shave I can get right now. They last me two full shaves of my face and head; coarse beard, fine hair. I get a really good shave out of them. The second use goes better if I completely dry the blade after the first, so that might be something to try if you have a coarse beard too and your razors start to wear down quickly.

Even better than this though is sometimes I can find these things in 20 packs at Sam's Club or Costco for even less than the Amazon price.
on December 6, 2012
I've been buying these razors for a few years. I have a very thick bear and I can use this type or razor twice before having to throw it away. You could probably use them more but my face it's very sensitive and I get bumps and red marks if I do. This is a great price for 12 of them. I normally drove to Wal-Mart to get them but this is a better price and I don't have to drive anywhere to get them.
on October 8, 2012
I never write reviews but I wanted to write a review on this razor... first of all when I actually do see them for sale at CVS I buy every single on on the rack... cause they are always sold out everytime I look for them. Second one single razor can last about 6-8 shaves even more sometimes... these are the best by far and I highly recommend. NO RAZOR BURN!
on June 21, 2013
Just called Gillette Customer Service they say the original is still in stores (I sure can't find it).
The sensitive skin model does not give a close shave at all compared to original that was around since 1994.
I just ordered 3 packs I received the new green package .\
I may just go back to the less espensive Good News it is better than new Sensitive Skin Custom Plus
on May 17, 2010
I am very sensitive to shavers and this is the FIRST ONE that is actually smooth and skin sensitive friendly. I really recommend it.
VINE VOICEon June 24, 2013
Both my wife and I have used the metal handle with disposable blades. Costco had these 26 for 25 bucks less a 5 dollar coupon so net 20. Great deal. Blades are 50 bucks for 24 blades which doesn't make sense environmentally... I tried this after a 3 day growth which isn't a tough thick beard but a medium mostly gray one for me. It worked fine. What I don't like about these as as the metal handle is the grip and weight. These are very light and hard to hold on to so you have to be careful with these. My wife found these work fine as well.
on October 6, 2013
Once again, I am buying extra landfill because the price difference is huge between Gillette disposables vs. cartridges. And the thing is, I can pop the cartridges off the disposables & use them on the metal Sensor handle I've had for many years. I just paid $25 for 26 of these at Costco, vs. $21 for 8 cartridges! The only difference as far as I can tell, the color of the cartridge & the lubrication strip. They both give me the same close shave.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 16, 2014
I recently purchased the CustomPlus 3 and it is not as good (more is not always better) as the two blade original CustomPLus besides being more costly it tends to scrape and also the pivoting makes it hard to discern angles especially on the back neck. In terms of quality of result the two iterations produce identical results.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi. We're sorry you're disappointed, and we'd like to get some additional information from you. Please give us a call at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388). We're here Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

P&G Community Manager