2,231 Reviews
 (1,355)

5.0 out of 5 stars Get 2 razors
Published 13 months ago by E. Anderson

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality and Gillette is lost in customer service
Published 8 months ago by Kent

5.0 out of 5 stars Get 2 razors, May 29, 2013
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Proglide Styler 3-In-1 Men's Body Groomer With Beard Trimmer (Health and Beauty)
I needed a new danger zone weed whacker, this fit the bill so I got it with a coupon. At first I was skeptical of a $20 motorized mass of blades getting anywhere near my balls; after a few weeks of regular use I can say your junk is in good hands and will look great. The way the blades are curved down decreases concern of getting your flesh balloon caught in the razors. The single blue guard it comes with is a great length for trimming the pube farm down to a respectable length while allowing for quick cleaning of the left over clippings via the quick release. All in all about as good as you can get for a 20 something dollar razor. Get two, one for your face one for your warrior. You'll be pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performance for reasonable expectations, June 4, 2012
EagleScout316 (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
Let's get one thing out of the way up front: if you think you're going to spend about $20 on this and have the clippers of a barber shop, go buy something else.

If you've let your face and hair go for awhile and you want to use this to start over (slash through thick sideburns, remove the handlebars on your moustache, chop off the Santa-beard), it's going to be an uphill battle.

On the other hand, if you're looking for something to edge a moustache, keep sideburns in their place on a regular basis, and make sure you have two eyebrows instead of one, this is great for you. I use the trimmer to get the hair of my moustache that tries to curl onto my upper lip, i put on the clipper attachment #3 to keep the overall moustache down, and the razor attachment for everyday shaving.

This is the first kit that has let me use a manual razor without keeping the electric one around for trimming. It's easy cleaning, just pop the top open and spray with water. It doesn't look cheap so it's not too shabby sitting there on the bathroom counter, and the little storage stand/caddy isn't a crappy gimmick. In fact, the section for the razor attachment even has a small hole cut out so you can put the razor away without messing up the lubrication stripe.

I thought the size of this would make it awkward to hold and use, but i actually feel i have a better grip on it than the pencil-thin razor handles you usually get. I'll put a more in-depth review of the razor in the cartridges product listing, but in short i can't complain. The single "precision" blade on the back of the cartridge is not the face-shredder i thought it would be and lets me get in closer than the Schick precision-mode on their Hydro 5. The 5 blades on the front clog easy with hair and at first were hard to clean until i thought to blast hot water from the back. The precision blade can be a bit rough to clean though.

I'm giving this 5 stars because the only thing that would disappoint me is if the expensive blades don't last long, but that will be reflected in their own review. This product fits its niche well and if you get it knowing that instead of thinking you've found a way to "beat the system" with an inexpensive product, you'll be just as happy as i am.

4.0 out of 5 stars The perfect shaver and trimmer, but only good for the face..., March 14, 2012
I bought the Gillette Fusion ProGlide Styler after seeing it was supposed to be a great tool for facial hair detailing and lining. And after owning it for a month or two now, it's definately a good trimmer to be battery powered, but not great as it is advertised. First I'll list the pros...

Pros
Great for shaving-With the fusion proglide heads, this razor is awesome. It has the same quality, but better since it has the higher quality handle. I threw away my old proglide handle in favor of this sleeker and more efficent design. As far as the face shaving aspect of this product, it's excellent.

Great for trimming your facial hair-Another aspect where the Styler is excellent. I've used it to trim my goatee and sideburns quite a few times, and it gives an even and effective trim. Plus, it's the original reason I bought the Styler, since my Phillips Norelco beard trimmer cut and trimmed my facial hair unevenly. With this though, trimming is very fast and simple. I also like how the trimmer comes with three length combs, making it easy when I decide to grow a beard and blend my goatee with interchangable trimmer combs. When trimming my goatee, I used the 3 guide comb, which is perfect for trimming the length on shaggy hair without completely oblitterating my goatee. Then, when I wanna grow my beard out, I used the 1 guide comb to blend my goatee in with my stubble.

The razor comes complete with a stand to hold everything-I couldn't believe for $20, I got a razor/trimmer/attachment combs/tray. The tray that comes inside the packaging means your bathroom will be more organized than using traditional razors or trimmers. It's also smart the way the tray has 3 openings in the back for each guide comb and one opening in the top for the fusion head attachment to rest in. And the fusion attachment head is built efficently, since it has an attachment that fits neatly on top of the trimmer head. It also looks cooler and makes storage easy and effective.

Now onto the cons...

Cons
Not great for lining facial hair-While this trimmer is perfect for trimming facial hair and shaving, it's not great at lining a beard, sideburns or goatee. This actually surprized me, since the Gillette campaign in the advertisements claims it's great for lining and detailing. Specifically showing in the commercials how supposedly great it is in detailing and lining facial hair. In that department, it's a bit of a disappointment, but I've never found any cartridge razor that can line as well as a disposable razor, and this is no exception. And as far as the edger is concerned, the few times I've tried lining with it, it never did a phenominal job, more like mediocre at best, since in most instances I wound up using a disposable razor to correct it.

Doesn't have a long battery life-Not really too surprizing here, since I'm kind of OCD when it comes to keeping my facial hair looking neat. Plus, I have used it more often than just on my face, thus a partial reason why the battery isn't lasting very long. I'd say the average battery life of the Styler would be a month if not used for body hair or any other non facial detailing purpose. Since it's so efficent though, this isn't a major issue for me. Others might see it that way however, since batteries are kind of costly to replace.

Not great for use on body hair or lining the back of your neck-I really don't consider these two areas major issues, since the Styler is only intended for face use anyway. I feel though that I must point out for those who think this might be great for trimming body hair or good for lining your neck in between barber visits, this isn't the tool for either purpose. With this being a battery controlled trimmer, it'd take you forever to use on body hair. Plus, to me using something on your body hair that's intended for your face is kind of cross contaminating anyway. I initially thought I might be able to use this for lining my neck hair in between trims, but this won't leave an even cut or line. Something my old beard trimmer could do, but again not a big deal to me, since this product is for facial shaving and maintenance.

Overall, I rate this 4 out of 5 stars since it's great at shaving and trimming facial hair. Really, for about $20 bucks, this Styler is a quality invcstment for any guy. It can do most things a beard trimmer can at half the cost(not counting the cheapo pieces of crap trimmers). I wish this thing was rechargable, then it would be darn near perfect. If you're expecting to be using this for any other purpose than facial hair, you might want to invest in a good body hair trimmer or hair clipper set instead. Otherwise though, I have been happy with this purchase and would buy another set once it needed replacing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect daily groomer for your beard, and your hair, January 29, 2012
J.F. (Maumee, Ohio) - See all my reviews
I picked up one of these at the local drug store last night after having a coupon to get $3 off. I had a similar styler, but the blades were dull and a pain to groom myself with. It's quick, fast and easy to use, helping you to always look your best with all your quick grooming needs.

For as cheap as the Gillette styler was, it sure is my new favorite tool to groom with! It's got a lot of nice features that more expensive stylers have, but for around only $20, plus it's water proof for use in the shower! First off let's start with the fact that it uses pro-glide fusion disposable cartridges, how amazing is that? I can now toss out my old fusion power pro-glide handle since this one works even better. The cartridge snaps right onto the top of the styler, and with the press of the on button, it vibrates just as well, if not better than the standard power handles on the disposable shavers.

The handle is nicely molded, very clean look and provides maximum grip. The black is actually soft rubber, not hard plastic, so you won't find yourself dropping the styler or having it slip out of your palms. The power button is very small, but easy to press to turn the shaver on and off, the LED light is also nice and not blinding.

You can use the standard motorized blade directly on your skin without worrying about cutting yourself, or scratching up your skin. It's sharp, but only for your hair. It also includes 3 different style "combs" to attach to the shaver so you can style your side burns, beard, mustache, anything else you'd want to trim. With all these little plastic attachments here and there though, you'll need a place to store it all! Gillette is two steps ahead of you, because the packing it comes in also doubles as a stand and accessory holder for the styler itself, and all the little attachments included.

One nice thing not many shavers or stylers have is the ability to open the compartment behind the blade to clean out hair that can cause jams. The Gillette styler has a hatch you can pop off, and snap right back down to clean out any hair or gunk so your styler never jams, and will always work reliably. This is a huge plus for me since my old one was becoming weak and dull from all the hair trapped in the mechanism slowing down the blade and motor.

Besides the styler and the accessories, I received Gillette brand cooling lotion to use after shaving, and non burning shaving gel. I tried both, and liked them very much. The shaving gel made my hairs pirk right up after a few seconds, making shaving so much easier. I felt no burn or sting while using the gel, so it really does work. Afterwards I put some of the lotion into my palms and rubbed it onto my face where I had shaved, it did have a nice cooling effect, but I could have lived without the lotion, it has a nice light scent to it too.

For under $20, the Gillette Styler really can't be beat. It's cheap in price, high quality, comes with tons of accessories and samples, and it does a good job. It would make a great gift to any guy you know, or a gift to yourself!

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality and Gillette is lost in customer service, November 6, 2013
Loved product. Until 2 weeks later when the part between the power body and the disposable heads broke. This is a cheap plastic connector that attaches to the power body to enable the heads to get the vibration from the base. You cannot use the heads without this attachment. This attachment shall remain nameless since I cannot find the name nor replacement part on any site, including gillette's website, and has rendered this razor and the extra heads I bought worthless. Gillette also doesn't seem to even have a way for me to email them on this. Great product and concept, but very poor company, and bad quality connecting cheap part probably designed in to waste our money and not spared so we can't just buy that part. I really don't like that.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Nov 8, 2013 5:15:52 AM PST
Hi, Kent!

We're sorry about your experience. We take great pride in both the quality of our products and our customer service. You can call us at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388). We're here Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

We've also notified the appropriate people about our contact us page not working properly. Thanks for letting us know!

P&G Community Manager

1.0 out of 5 stars Low powered, pulls the hair more often that it cuts and clogs frequently. Pass., June 29, 2014
AJ Runner "ajrunr" (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I have a Norelco G370 that I love (rechargeable) and use to trim my beard before shaving. But it's not good for travel or use in the shower.

I really wanted to like this product, having had two similar portable ones (a shick and a cheapy). I'm not hairy at all, so my needs aren't as rigorous as some. But I'm so very disappointed in what this product can do.

Can:
- Trim thin hairs on your face and neck
- Shave off your eyebrows (if you desired...I guess)
- Irritate both you and your skin

Can't:
- Trim your beard without pain
- Trim without burning/irritating your skin
- Trim without pulling your hair instead of cutting it
- Trim without frequent clogging

Honestly, I don't use this anymore because it is just too painful. Perhaps if it was more powerful it would be less of an issue, but really this is poor. Both the Shick and the cheapy did better (but broke). The Shick used AAA as well, so not sure why this one with AA is weaker.

I see a ton of great reviews so perhaps I got a defective one...but it's not usable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for trimming, May 28, 2014
I bought this because I like keeping my facial hair at a certain length and it really does help keep my facial hair at a great length. Also the fact that I can use it to shave makes it a great value.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Sucks-DO NOT BUY THIS AT ALL, November 12, 2012
I bought this product for my husband and after (actually)during the FIRST use it broke. It just stop working for no reason. Thought it may have been the battery, we changed that; no use it didn't work.
It wasn't dropped, it was brand new and worked for only 30 seconds and failed.
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.
Good idea but BAD PRODUCT.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Jul 29, 2013 7:27:07 AM PDT
We're sorry about your husband's experience - it's certainly not what we'd expect. We'd love to talk to you so we can learn more and try to help. Please give us a call at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388). We're here Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

P&G Community Manager

2.0 out of 5 stars The star that burns the brightest burns half as long, June 28, 2014
Michael (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
I couldn't keep up with the eggs that were droppin' when I was using this little futuristic bad boy. However, on the day before I went on vacation--just two months after I bought this--the usual hum that I was met with upon pushing the ignition switch was silent. The batteries were fine, but I traded them out for safe measures. Still nothin'

Long story short- Awesome when it works, looks cool when you throw it in the trash.
2/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Good shaver for a good price, June 6, 2014
better price than what you pay in a grocery store. I use it about once a month to trim my beard and mustache. I've bought 3, they seem to last about 5 months and then the blades start spinning slower. Still worth it.

Rate and Discover Movies