Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

VINE VOICEon October 24, 2011
I was a big fan of the "old" line of Fusion after shave lotions, particularly the one that was alcohol free for sensitive skin. This new version lists alcohol as the #2 ingredient! So that cooling affect some claim is the alcohol reacting to your skin. Skin doesn't need alcohol. Very dissapointed that Gillette changed around the Fusion line. I did try this new line and it irritated my skin pretty quickly. Not a good product for sensitive skin.
on April 14, 2013
It has a strong scent, which I liked. If you don't like strong scent or if you would rather go with your favorite perfume scent, avoid this.

Now on Ingredients and effect. ( this is just to make you aware if you are interested)
It lists the following ingredients as of April 2013: Water, Alcohol Denat, Glycerine, Cerapryl Isononanoate, Propylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Dimethiconol, DMDM Hydantoin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium Edta, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbmate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

1) It has menthol in it (which is found in mint leaves). It gives the cooling sensation to the skin nerve ending. Menthol does not do any firming/tightening of skin. It just give you the cooling effect. All right.

2) Panthenol moisturizes/hydrates the skin and helps healing cuts. Good

3) It has ethanol it it. It does sting harsh for a minute. But nothing too bad. May be it's good in the morning to get an awakening kick?

4) Dimethicone is dimethyl silicon (silioxane) polymer. It makes a good smooth gliding feeling of the product over the skin. Apparently, dimethicone also form a 'protective barrier' on the skin.

One negative opinion is that it forms an artificial plastic-like barrier on the skin which would prevent the normal 'breathing' of skin.

Dimethicone is present in some anti-foaming over-the-counter anti-gas drugs. Interestingly, it is also used in processed fast foods like McDonald's Chicken McNuggets and Wendy's French fries!! Not a good feeling.

4) DMDM Hydantoin is used as preservative in this formula. It release formaldehyde (HCHO) which exerts it preservative effect. Do a Google search for "Formaldehyde and Cancer Risk" and you will reach cancer.gov fact sheet on formaldehyde.

"U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) classified formaldehyde as a probable human carcinogen under conditions of unusually high or prolonged exposure"

DMDM Hydantoin releases only minimal amount of formaldehyde, (but sufficient to kill microorganisms like bacteria and mold). It should be usually safe for topical use in humans at the concentration used in cosmetics. But it may cause allergic contact dermatitis to sensitive population. Read more on this article from Mayo Clinic researchers, if you are interested
"Allergic contact dermatitis to preservatives"
Dermatol Nurs. 2006 Apr;18(2):130-6.

In summary, I think this product is okay. I would be glad if they formulate a product with less preservatives even if it gets only short shelf life. I'm not sure whether I could recommend this product. I might look for a better product in future.
on March 30, 2015
I had purchased this originally at a drugstore over a year ago. Gillette either discontinued this product or it is very hard to find now.
I really like the scent and cooling lotion, so I was surprised to find this on line. I purchased the two pack unit. I was a little disappointed that this product seems a little more runny and oilier than the original product. The scent does not seem to last as long either.
on June 24, 2013
if wear and tear that our face gets by warm and cold weather wasn`t enough ,We men are blessed with use of razors and Shavers that keep scratching epidermis of skin.We as men follow "Like father like son " strategy and use same after shaves that daddy and grand daddy used but times been changed and This is product for icy cool and feeling fresh touch .

She will like it the way you feel ,I guarantee that
on August 27, 2013
Had to replace the old version of this that i really like with this. Don't know why they discontinued the old version as i loved it, but this is also really nice and i buy them 3 at a time. Does not sting and does not have an overpowering smell. I feel that it is just right and am liking it more each time i use it.
on May 1, 2013
I really like this cooling lotion. I tend to break out with lotion after shave and this one was no exception although I did get four days with this product rather than none. I currently use it every two to three days to avoid breaking out.
The breaking out is a me problem, not a product issue. I only include it for anyone with a similar condition.
on October 30, 2013
I actually really like this aftershave lotion. I've tried others that are basically a liquid you have to splotch on your skin after shaving, but this has a good consistency. Sure, it's probably made with a bunch of chemicals, but it works pretty well actually at lessening the sting and moisturizing. Overall, I've bought it plenty of times and it's a good value, but I'm willing to try other products.
on July 22, 2013
My son uses this an like it very much.I bought it here as it is much cheaper for the 2Pack then where he was buying it.So if you use this product buy it here an save.I will reorder it again when he needs more.Hope this helps anyone who uses this kind of product.
on November 21, 2014
This is a fine product that leaves a refreshed and soothing feeling on your skin, after a close shave. The smell is pleasant, but not overwhelming, and it almost has a mint like smell. This product contains aloe which is excellent for comforting skin. The Gillette Fusion aftershave lotion absorbs quickly without a greasy residue. It also seems to keep your skin moisturized throughout the day. This is a high quality aftershave lotion for a reasonable price. Highly recommended.
on May 12, 2013
it feels very cool and fresh. i used the gel type after share - and initially i was reluctant to use a white lotion to replace it. but this product was a surprise. it is good!! it doesnt leave any sticky residue or any unwanted fragrance.