Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gillette Mach3 Turbo Cartridges 10 Count
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 10 Count|Change

on August 5, 2008
First, I want to explain that I gave 5-stars because this is a product review and this product is excellent as a razor blade. HOWEVER, be careful where you buy it from, some sellers especially on ebay and amazon (third parties) are selling FAKE blades. It's hard to recognize at first but you can tell from a few things:

1. If you are familiar with Gillette shave, you will feel the difference immediately. For example, my one-month old genuine Gillette razor still shaves better than a fake one.

2. Lubricating strip on the fake one is not real. So, how do you know it? With real Gillette product you can immediately feel there is a lot of lubricant (a little sticky moisture feeling), BUT with the fake one, your face will feel very dry even when you used the blades for the first time. Because they are not lubricating! They are fake strips and made out of some plastic kind material.

3. Even after many months of use, If you try to remove lubricating strip on your real Gillette product, you can see that there is still a lot of lubricant just under the strip and on the strip itself. And this strip is a one piece well-aligned strip, easy to remove and easy to put back. BUT, if you remove the fake one's strip, this just plastic kind strip will break into parts and you cannot put it back in place.

4. If you have a good eye, look closely to see if all three blades are leveled and adjusted as parallel to each other. Usually, on the fake ones, you will see a slight misalignment, basically they are out of line and think about it, what it can do to your face. Check all the blades in the box individually. None of them should be misaligned.

5. Look closely to see small black dots on the blades. Original Mach3 blades have a little larger dots and their paint does not feel as precise as the fake ones. This is because, real ones have an almost invisible clear coat but you can see it if you look at the black dots directly.

6. Look at the blue plastic strip just under the blades, now try to abuse them with the tip of your fingernails (Be careful do not cut your fingers).
They are many micro-aligned plastic lines, and When you do this, they re-align themselves immediately without no damage to themselves. BUT on fake ones, they try to align back, but they can't! They always leave marks on abused spots on them.

7. Look at the front side of blades. Just under the moving head, you will see five parallel lines on the plastic stable part. On the real one the line in the middle is slightly thicker than other ones. But on the fake one they may show difference. And the fake ones, usually (not always) a little darker in color of plastic, if you have good eyes.

8. Now a little flexibility test. You know Mach3s has flexible heads. Fake ones, too... However, if you move the head with your finger to the back, it should come back to the original place with a smooth movement. On the fake ones, they come back but they come back quicker than the real ones. And fake ones even make a slight plastic sound when coming back.

9. Look at the plastic cartridge holder if it has serial number printed on it. If so, it still DOESN'T mean they are real. Nowadays, they are putting serial numbers on fake ones, too. So, follow the first 8 steps, to make sure you have the real ones.

Nowadays, fakes are so close to real, I hope this review helps to all of you. I know some of the sellers who sell fake ones will find this review not useful. BUT using genuine razors is a health issue so be careful. And always buy from reliable sellers. Amazon itself is very reliable but be careful with other third party sellers. Read their reviews first!
1010 comments|270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2010
Two steps to guarantee your blades will be REAL:

1) make sure it's eligible for Free Super Saver Shipping

2) make sure item is "Sold & Shipped by Amazon"

Very important that it's sold and shipped by Amazon. NOT sold by "So & So" and "Fulfilled" by Amazon - not good. Unfortunately these 3rd party sellers are selling fake blades - the ones everybody's complaining about - the same ones you'll find all over e-bay.

I'm ashamed to say I've been using the fake (knock-off, counterfeit) blades for a couple of years. I had a hunch that either something was wrong or Gillette wasn't consistent with their product. Because some blades were better than others, some just didn't feel right from the start, and none of them lasted all that long. So this time around when I went looking to purchase new shaving materials I heard all this talk about phony blades and it all made sense. Those bums definitely made a fool out of me with their slick packaging, because they certainly "look" like real authentic Gillette replacement blades but they aren't.

And now that I've once again shaved my head with a REAL Gillette Mach 3 Turbo blade purchased from a reputable retailer (Amazon) I now realize what I have been missing - a smooth, close, effortless shave which doesn't tear me up. And to my surprise the lubricating feature on the Turbo actually works! A great product.

One more word of advice - keep your eye on the price of this item as it fluctuates often! Keep it in your shopping cart and buy when the price drops. I paid $1.83 per blade. Great deal.

Once again... ships and sold by Amazon... VERY important!!!
11 comment|75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 27, 2008
I should have read recent reviews regarding this fake blades before ordering it online.

Blades were rough and hurts the skin. I have been using Gillete for yrs
(purchased from store) and never had such bad experience. Even blades are
not clean as original ones and very close look can find other minor differences while comparing it to original.

I checked various things as suggested in another review and one of those clearly proved its fake. I tried to abuse blue plastic strip just under the blades, they were many micro-aligned plastic lines, and this lines tried to align back, but they left marks on abused spots.
66 comments|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2009
I bought it from Amazon, not from the private seller. But these are fake. Amazon should be ashamed of selling fake/imitation products.
on November 23, 2008
This is not product, which I always use. It feels like these are old blades put into new pack. even after using a healthy dose of shaving gel these blades were not gliding and shaving like they are supposed to be. I am never ever going to buy these again.
on August 2, 2008
These are FAKES and are barely usable. Yes, you will probably get them quickly and yes, it is a good price for Mach 3's but the fact is these are NOT Mach 3's. Don't waste your money on these virtually unusable blades. Go to the store and buy the real ones.
on May 29, 2009
I found this product of inferior quality, blades are dull before I started shaving. I wrote an e-mail describing my complaint and ask for satisfaction guarantee policy. I was gratified to receive an immediate answer indicating that my charge account was being refunded the full amount of the cost of the order. I am expecting my June MC statement to reflect that credit. Thank you.
on May 27, 2014
These cartridges just don't stay sharp and I am running through them 1 every 5-6 days. The ones I pickup from other sellers at a slightly higher prices last 2 weeks. These are not US made, has spanish text on it.
on September 30, 2009
These are not Gillette blades and will rip your face apart. Do not attempt a reverse stroke with these blades you will regret it. One very obvious thing that is missing on these blades is the "Gillette" stamp on the top part of the swivel of the blade. The other is the crappy aloe strip. It does virtually nothing.
on August 10, 2008
I don't know if these are seconds or what, but it feels like you're shaving with sandpaper or epilady or something. They're horrible.