Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on December 26, 2012
I'm a guy.... out of necessity I "borrowed" this razor... I could not believe how close the shave was and how long the shave lasted... I did not get a 5-o'clock shadow at 5-o'clock... I now understand why her legs (+) are always silky smooth.
on December 4, 2011
I've had this for probably a couple years now, and it is without a doubt a great razor and well worth the money. I really like the convenient shower "holder" that comes with it too; you just stick it to your shower, and it's always there when you need it. It also holds up to four replacement cartridges, so they're easily found and easily accessible. And if you're in to being environmentally friendly, it also produces a lot less plastic waste than a disposable.
on April 17, 2013
I have purchased many cheaper razors but they do not compare with the Venus razor. Close shave without the nics. Well worth it!
on November 22, 2014
I have always just bought the Venus disposables but decided to get this after a coupon clipping from Amazon. I could not believe the difference between this and the disposable Venus. This is so smooth on the skin and the angle is great. Does a great job of shaving. I did not realize that there could be a difference. To me a razor was a razor. I will not go back to the disposables again.
on July 25, 2013
I have been using Venus razors for at least ten years now, and nothing gives me a smoother shave. I also like that I can always find them on Amazon at a great price!
on September 5, 2015
If you've ever been on the fence about spending what seems like a lot of money on something as simple as a razor, don't be! I promise you it'll be worth it. Honestly, you could get ANY of the Venus brand razors and be satisfied. Disposable, reusable, they really are all that good!

You get a super close shave with no injuries (unless you're a total klutz like me, but Venus can't be blamed for that!). They work extra well if you use the accompanying shave gel!
VINE VOICEon June 10, 2014
Without question, this is the best razor I've used. It gives me the closest shave with the fewest nicks. I've been using this for years, and I won't give it up. I do think that the replacement blades are overpriced, but I'm still buying them. For me, who was chopping up my legs all over the place, this was a godsend. Gillette has offered new versions and improvements over the years, but my favorite is still the original Venus. It's my razor of choice.
on November 14, 2013
I love this razor! I used to use the cheap disposable ones and they just don't get a close enough shave, plus I cut myself a lot with those. So, I decided to splurge on a good razor. This one gives a nice, smooth shave and I haven't cut myself once!! The razor last quite a long time, so you won't have to worry about buying refills too often. I definitely recommend this to all women!!
on May 1, 2015
Before this came out I was using a man's razor because they simply didn't make a decent version for women. I've had my Venus Original Razor for years now and I love it. I keep it in the shower using their handy pod that houses 4 extra cartridges. The shave I get with the razor is so smooth and I never have to worry about nicks or cuts! Great Razor!! Debi B.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 30, 2013
Good razor with blades that last much longer than disposable razors. When I haven't shaved my legs for a while (winter months) hairs seem to clog the blades more than other razors so it takes a little longer to shave due to going over the same spot a couple of times. That being said, my legs are super smooth after I'm done.
11 comment3 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Hi Lauren,

We're thrilled to hear you are getting super smooth legs! Sorry to hear about having to go over the same place more than once during the winter months. I would like to offer some tips to make sure you are getting the most out of all of your Gillette razors. When you shave it is vital to keep rinsing the razor head to wash shaving debris off the blades. This will make sure the blades work effectively. To rinse the razor, hold it under warm running water with the razor head at a downward angle. The stream of water will run between the blades and through the holes in the razor head or cartridge. We don't recommend tapping the razor against a hard surface, insert anything between the blades, or use brushes or cloths to wipe the blades. When you've finished shaving, give the razor a final rinse, shake off excess water and allow it to dry naturally.
If you have already been doing all of the tips and you think you may have razors that are not up to our high quality standards, please give us a call at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388), M-F, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. Thanks.

Gillette Community Manager