5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion Proglide Shave Gel
I've only used this with the Fusion razor, the combination works just great. I don't shave everyday, but shaves fast and clean. Highly recommend it!
Published on December 14, 2011 by M. Murphy

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly horrible concoction
I got a sample of this with my Proglide razor trimmer. There were about two shaves worth of this in the sample I received. I used one and immediately threw the rest in the trash.

Published on December 21, 2011 by Brent Butler

1.0 out of 5 stars Truly horrible concoction, December 21, 2011
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Proglide Irritation Defense With Extra Moisturizers Men's Shaving Gel 7 Oz (Pack of 6) (Health and Beauty)

It was like trying to shave with Crisco. It was very oily and hard to wash off my hands. It did the worst job of softening my beard of ANY shaving cream or gel I've ever used, then after the shave, was equally difficult to completely wash the residue off my face.

The (brand new) razor blade was left with this stuff gunked up between the blades as if I had run it through a can of solid Crisco shortening. I don't know how much hot water (VERY hot) I had to use before it finally all washed out of the blades, but it was far too much.

The shave itself was similar to when I've been caught on a trip without shaving cream and used bath soap to lather with, in that it makes it possible, but not comfortable. I'd rather use bath soap to shave with than this stuff, and I'm not exaggerating in making that statement.

I have used Edge shaving gel for years. In contrast to this product, Edge does not leave an oily residue on my hands, does soften my beard (and my beard is a bit on the tough side), does not need intense scrubbing to remove from my face, and does not imbed itself into the razor blades. With Edge and a new blade, I never have any "pull" on a shave. My first, last, and only shave with this mess was an irritating pull on every shaving stroke (yes, with a brand new first time ever used blade).

I'm a big fan of the Fusion razors, but whoever invented this junk, and anyone else in the company that green-lighted it for sale, should be horse whipped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fusion Proglide Shave Gel, December 14, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Its better than edge shave gel!., October 11, 2011
it helps prevent the burning or stinging sensation after you shave and it also helps your razor slide smooth without having that tug and pull feeling

1.0 out of 5 stars RUST MARKS ON THE AHOWER SHELF, September 30, 2013
If you shave and let the can sit in the shower it will leave rust marks that will not come off. I will throw three cans in the garbage. I shave my head as well as my face and this is no way equivalent to Edge. I tried half my head and face with each and a new blade and Edge definitely has the edge. Who would ever design a can used in a wet environment made of steel?

3.0 out of 5 stars Best shave -- but with too strong fragrance, March 27, 2013
Mister Bones (Northern California, USA) - See all my reviews
I saw a trial size of Gilette Fusion in the store and decided to open my mind to a cutting-edge :-) shaving gel just to see if there was any difference versus my tried and true and old-fashioned Gillette Foamy.

Well....there sure was! This stuff gave me an significantly smoother, better feeling shave that included a nice cooling sensation. Truly superior in doing the job. I was surprised and impressed.

Unfortunately, the fragrance is overwhelming and unpleasant like a too-strong perfume or cologne.

And...whatever they use to color it blue kind of runs through the foam like food coloring. It's so strong that after I rinsed off my face the water in the sink was blue.

Those aspects of the shave are unpleasant: I feel like I am putting too many chemicals/ingredients on my face.

I do think Gillette has a superior efficacy product. I will probably check it out again in a year to see if they have addressed the problems or possibly introduced an unscented version.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy, February 3, 2013
Brad Payne (Chula Vista, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Just get your shave cream at Costco. The cans had little to no air pressure and the gel either did not come out at all or only half of it did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product by Gillete, December 19, 2012
Great product by Gillette. I bought this to compliment my Gillette Fusion Power razor and I'm very happy with the product. Feels great and provides nice shave and a refreshing touch at the end. This product is for sure of the highest quality and pairs perfect with the Fusioin Power. I have not found anything better out there. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars ATTENTION SHOWER SHAVERS>>>>, December 7, 2012
Can will RUST at the bottom and stain showers. for the price of this you would at least expect aluminum can like the others

3.0 out of 5 stars Defective nozzle on cans, November 14, 2012
Defective nozzle on cans when item is 1/2 -1/4 full; I find this to be a waste of my money & time...

5.0 out of 5 stars Actually relieves irritation, October 3, 2012
Ella Quin (Charlotte, North Carolina) - See all my reviews
As someone with sensitive skin, I've spent years trying different shaving creams and gels, various lotions, aftershaves, etc. This is the first thing I've tried that actually works. After using this gel for a few weeks, the razor bumps on my neck, which have never gone away since I began shaving, have finally receded. My neck is actually clear now.

After shaving with this gel, my face feels cool and smooth, like I'd rubbed lotion on it. It really does moisturize and soften the skin, which is perfect if your face is sensitive.

Just a pro tip for you guys with razor bumps: try shaving your neck upwards, with the grain, instead of down. This also helps reduce irritation. And as Queer Eye always told us, do not rush. Take your time, shave carefully and slowly.