5.0 out of 5 stars A great Razor
Simply put one of the best razors on the market. As a guy with an insanely tough beard, I chew through blades quickly and still struggle to get a clean cut. While these blades are no tougher, at least the results are far superior.
Published on June 7, 2012 by Christopher Andreae

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't like it. Have found another razor to be better.
Published 22 months ago by DeelSeeker

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Razor, June 7, 2012
This review is from: Gillette Fusion Proglide Limited Edition 1 Razor 2 Cartridges Kit (Health and Beauty)

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't like it. Have found another razor to be better., November 25, 2012
DeelSeeker (The Great Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
Always on the lookout for a better razor. This wasn't it. In my experience. I've found the best razor so far to be the Schick Hydro 5. In my opinion, this Gillette Fusion Proglide seems to have a smaller head surface (than the Hydro 5), so it takes more strokes to cover the area. It says it has a "drop" of mineral oil. I'm not sure what the purpose of that would be, but I don't find it to add anything to the shaving experience. This Gillette Fusion Proglide seems to "drag" more than the Hydro 5, IMO. I'll stick with the Schick Hydro 5 (unless) until something better comes along. I would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgraded from Fusion to Fusion Proglide, June 17, 2012
Very sharp - shaves effortlessly and smooth. Love the black and gold look of the razor. Only gripe was that it didn't feel as solid and heavy as previous Gillete manual razors but performance it does not lack. And the packaging is a lot better this time. No need to grab a sharp knife or scissors to open it up (frustration free).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Razor, January 23, 2013
Scott Leavell (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma) - See all my reviews
I wish this came with a full sized holster like the others. There's really no where to store it, but the clear is unique.

4.0 out of 5 stars great shave, dulls quick, December 18, 2012
the razor has really impressed me with the close, smooth shave i can achieve with it. i have also found that my thick/coarse hair does not clog between blades like it has with other razors. however, the blades seem to dull way faster than the blades on my old quattro.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Razor Kit!, December 2, 2012
Brandon (Glendale, AZ) - See all my reviews
I absolutely am in love with the Gillette Fusion Proglide razors! And the best part is I was able to purchase this item for an outstanding price (sale + coupon). I have always shaved with an upward stroke, going against the grain, because it is the only way for me to truly feel like I've gotten as close as possible. The problem with shaving against the grain, as many of you may know, is that it can leave you extremely susceptible to irritation and other common shaving problems. So I was elated when Gillette came out with the Fusion Proglide and even advertised that these blades are made for going against the grain. Granted, I've been able to shave that way with a few other razors, but they don't hold a candle to the Fusion Proglide and its superior technology. The other thing that makes these top-of-the-line is their single blade edge trimmer (located on the reverse of the cartridge). That little blade gets in places the front side of the cartridge can't reach, and it helps keep sideburns straight, clean and even. It's not really a bother to me that the lubricating strip wears out quickly (and honestly, on what razor does it not?) because I always shave with a fair amount of nice shaving gel (Schick Hydro gel for Sensitive Skin is superb!). The Fusion Proglide cartridges seems to last just as long as my previous razors, if not longer. I cannot see myself switching razor brands anytime in the near future, unless someone decides to come out with a razor that tops these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite razor, November 9, 2012
I've tried everything. I'm a female, but in terms of how good a razor is I measure it by how well it shaves my underarms.
If I'm able to shave the next day and get close enough for it to count, it's a good razor.
It hugs the best, just be careful as with any razors with that aloe strip, don't let it get overly wet since that part will fall off.
I prefer this over shick's quattro, the male or female of that razor. It's not nearly as close, and I don't feel like any of the vibrating versions of these razors makes much of a difference, at least for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Closest Shave in Years, November 6, 2012
P. McConnell (Ft. lauderdale, Fla.) - See all my reviews
i've been using an old Norelco rotary for the last few years and decided to
give this razor a shot especially with the $4 off coupon. WOW this is the
closest shave i've had in years, perfectly smooth with zero cuts or nicks.
didn't use any fancy gel or foam, just regular soap in the shower. i'm
definitely sold !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice, love it !, October 23, 2012
The Razor is perfect for my skin.
It comes with one additional blade.
Great price and quality!
Recommended for all!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic razor for a fantastic price, August 30, 2012
For the past 2 years I've been using the Gillette Fusion non-power razor, but the cartridges are expensive. I saw the Gillette Fusion Proglide Midas for $10 here on Amazon, and with a $4 coupon I decided it was worth trying. Yes, like all razors, it's very sharp. However, I was able to get an incredibly smooth shave in about 2 minutes without cutting myself. This razor has given me the best shave I've ever had. An earlier reviewer stated that it's too slick, however I found the grip on the handle to be better than other razors I've used.
The same reviewer also noted that Amazon did not list this as a non-power razor, however if you actually read the name compared to the other Gillette razors you'd notice that all the power razors clearly say "Power" in the name. Also, the picture below the description where they compare the different Gillette razors, the power razor's image says it's a power razor and the manual doesn't mention anything about it being a power razor.
Anyways, I'd highly recommend getting this razor!

Rate and Discover Movies