5.0 out of 5 stars Good disposable razor for the facial hair deficient.
I don't grow enough facial hair to use a fancy razor with super expensive replacements. Because of my lack of facial hair, I have tried many different types of disposable razors and I have found these to be the best. The little moisturizer strip is perfect for a smooth and clean shave.
Published 10 months ago by Jason R.

The manufacturer commented on the review below
Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Hugh disappointment. These are not the old Gillette Goodnews razors, April 3, 2014
Amazon Customer (New York, NY, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gillette Sensor2 Base Disposable Razor ,12 count (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
About 20 years ago I discovered Gillette Goodnews razors and my search for a decent shave was over. Then about 7 years ago I bought a large supply. These are running out, so I bought some more. BUT THESE NEW ONES NOT THE SAME RAZORS! My face is getting cut up and the shave is very uncomfortable. Just to compare I went back to an old Goodnews razor that had been used for about 10 shaves. It was still WAY better than the ones I had just purchased. Gillette - what are you guys doing? Why take a really good product and turn it into garbage. You corrupt not just the brand name the but the company name too. I see someone in one of the other reviews recommended Schick Xtreme 3 Disposable Razors. Maybe I'll try that next. In the meantime, can I get a refund?

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 8:10:05 AM PDT
Hi,

I am so sorry to hear about your experience a few months ago. Pardon the delayed response. What you describe is NOT what should have happened. Our Goodnews! Plus is designed with our Gillette comfort blades using twin comfort blades to cut more smoothly and easy. It sure doesn't sound like that happened. How frustrating!

Your safety and satisfaction are extremely important to us and I am concerned you may have possibly received razors that are not up to our high quality standards. Totally unacceptable in our book too! We value our relationship and hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you.
Please give us a call at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388) M-F, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. EST. Let the agent know that I sent you from here and why. Let them know that I don't want you to hang up until you are one happy Gillette cowboy! Thx. ~Rose

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than single blade, worse than double blade with pivot..., September 11, 2012
In the continuum of cheap razors, this falls where you would expect: better than a single blade razor but worse than a double blade razor with a pivot (such as the Gillette Custom Plus or the Gillette Good News Pivot Plus) and definitely worse than a three blade razor.

The blade cuts close but does take several passes to produce a clean shave. Without the pivot, the razor does not do as good of a job conforming to the surface of the skin--the pivot really makes a difference. The blades don't seem as sharp as the Gillette Custom Plus and also don't seem to last as long.

My order of preference for cheap razors I've used so far:
1. Gillette Custom Plus
2. Gillette Good News Pivot Plus
3. Gillette Good News Plus
4. Bic Sensitive Single Blade Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Good disposable razor for the facial hair deficient., November 22, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Have been using for years. Easy on my face., April 17, 2013
Enigma (Kensington, MD USA) - See all my reviews
I have been using these razors for years. They glide easily on my face without leaving a too dry feel. Good for 3 to 4 shaves before they start go get dull. May get another 3 to 4 shaves after that, but not as smooth, and increases chances of skin cuts.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the same???, March 12, 2014
Been buying these for years on Amazon and this batch just doesn't seem to stay sharp past one shave. Could normally get 5 or 6 easy. I hope these are not knockoffs. Anyone else with a similar observation?

Posted on Mar 14, 2014 6:10:21 AM PDT
Hi Bluto,

First, let me thank you for being a loyal Gillette user for so long. We really appreciate that. I'm sorry you had this experience and we apologize for the inconvenience. We take pride in the quality of our products, so that's not what we'd expect. We'd like to get some additional information from you. If you still have the packaging, please have it with you and give us a call at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388). We're here Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.
I also wanted to mention that while Amazon does not support the sale of counterfeit product, please use caution when using 3rd party vendors. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon.

P&G Community Manager

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, February 4, 2014
They give a super-close shave. You don't even need to use gel/cream. They can be expensive, depending on which store you buy them from, so Amazon's subscription program is a very welcome thing. I'd say these razors are equal to the Gillette Sensor, which I used for quite awhile. They're more expensive, although they can give you a good number of shaves before getting dull, but the Good News blades are good for at least a week too. A really funny story - right around the time of my 17th birthday, Gillette sent me a razor and one or two Sensor cartridges in the mail. Well, they got a lifelong customer as a result! None of the other razors I've ever tried have been as good as Gillette's. Literally, none of them. So I recommend pretty much anything they have to offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best razor I've ever used in my life!, September 3, 2013
I use the product to shave my face. I've used other Gillette products and other manufacturers' razors as well. This is the best of all. It is not refillable, which suits me just fine. I like the smooth feel of the product, and of course it gives a close shave. I have used this product for several years, and it ALWAYS meets my expectations.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gone to Heck in a handbasket, September 13, 2014
Ben G. "Phoenix56" (Kansas City, Mo United States) - See all my reviews
I was thrilled when I found Good News over 20 years ago. I graduated from a double edge razor, to trying out a BIC, which cut my face all to heck. So when I found Good News I was thrilled. Top it off with I could get about four or five shaves out of it. HOWEVER the Last few times ,(many months) it took about three to do a good job. But hey! I found something a whole lot better! Its a club, about shaving...look it up! I'm not even sure if I'm supposed to say that.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Gillete Good News Diposable Razors, July 13, 2014
Then best disposable razor in the market. Being using it for years. they always have sharp blades allowing for more than at least two close shaves.

1.0 out of 5 stars Another great product gone the way of the Dodo, May 4, 2014
I have been using these razors forever. I never even thought of switching to another brand until my most recent purchase. I opened a new pack and started shaving. With the razor burn I got on my neck, it felt like I was using a generic store brand single blade razor. I tried the others in the package and they were of the same quality. So, I pulled my old razor out of the garbage and visually compared them. My old favorites always had a bluish(?) lubricating strip. All of these new ones have white strips. Is Gillette lowering the quality control standards on the Good News razors to force consumers to buy up? Now I have to start looking for an alternative. Thanks, Gillette.

Posted on Jul 9, 2014 1:28:18 PM PDT
Hi Mike,

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about the razor burn on your neck. You shouldn't expect that to happen while using any of our razors. All of the lubristrips, regardless of color, on the Goodnews! Plus contain Aloe and Vitamin E to provide moisture for extra comfort while you're using them. It sounds like you may have some razors that are not up to our high quality standards. We would never intentionally lower the quality of our razors, regardless of which line-up you choose to use.
We stand behind all of our products 100% and we definitely want to make this up to you as well as gather some additional info, if that's ok with you. Please give us a call at 1-800-GILLETTE (800-445-5388). We're here Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST. Be sure to let the agent know that I sent you and why. Thx! ~Rose

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›