5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gentle Razor
Published on June 2, 2011 by Jacqueline

1.0 out of 5 stars Ladies We've Been Duped - Use the Men's!
Published 21 months ago by BlackMountainDreamer

1.0 out of 5 stars Ladies We've Been Duped - Use the Men's!, October 1, 2012
This review is from: Gillette Venus Embrace Pink Razor, 1 Razor handle and 2 Womens Razor Refill Cartridges Kit (packaging may vary) (Health and Beauty)
I decided to give this a try one day when I was feeling girly and was sick of my ugly blue and grey men's Schick Hydro with five blades. At the first stroke I hated it. The ultra-light weight and shape of the razor is not satisfying to hold and the ginormous and weirdly shaped head made it hard to maneuver around my ankles. Finally, the lubricating strip seriously irritated my skin and left my legs itchy and bumpy. I also found that I did not get anywhere near the close and long-lasting shave I've enjoyed when using a men's razor. The refill blades on this thing are nearly five dollars more per pack than the Schick Hydro blades and this razor barely lasted longer than a Daisy disposable while a single Schick Hydro blade often lasts through WEEKS of daily shaving. I'd say we've been duped. Forget the pretty packaging to lure you in and try one of the men's shavers - I promise you the difference in quality of shave is astonishing and it's so much cheaper! The Schick Hydro is the closest, smoothest, gentlest, easy to hold, nicely weighted razor on the market for doing legs and they last forever - a very good value if ugly as sin.

My original review was in October but I've just updated my review from two stars to just one. I don't know why I gave it two stars in the first place. This razor cannot be used around the ankles and is definitely not designed for private parts as the head is so big one cannot even get the blade itself near the actual parts to be shaved. The lubricating strip irritated me too and I've never had that happen. The package came with two blades and I never even opened the second one. This is just awful. Actually the best razor for women I've ever used is the plain old original Daisy disposable. Just be careful with that one. The men's are so much better; they obviously don't know how to make a women's shaver beyond coloring them pink, and purple, and yellow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gentle Razor, June 2, 2011
I have been using the regular Venus razor for several years. Recently I started to experience irritation on my legs from it. In effect, I was getting a razor burn type reaction. I tried to salvage the situation by using shaving cream with it, but it was still giving me razor burn. So I looked to try a new razor. I ordered this one from Amazon and I'm not sure I can ever go back to another razor. It is super gentle and effective. It gives a closer shave then I've ever had before. And no razor burn! Definitely worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this razor...., February 14, 2012
it has been many moons, since the first time I started shaving my legs and underarms. Subsequently, I have tried many different types of depilatories (lotions, potions, waxes, razor blades and the like). God knows, I have the cuts and scars to prove it. If you looked at my legs, you would see a road map of scrapes from past dalliances with razors. Many have come and gone. Frankly, I was often not even looking for quality - I was just looking for a quick, (relatively) fast way to remove unwanted stubble.

Low and behold - I happened to read some reviews of Gillette Venus Embrace Pink Razor, complete with 1 Razor and 2 Women's Razor Refill Cartridges. The women who used them seemed pleased, so, I thought I would throw my hat in the ring. Sure enough, the simply packaged product arrived at my home, just yesterday. In need of a touch up job, I decided to try my hand at this blade. I must say, I was very pleased. It didn't feel like I was even shaving! That was how smooth the razor glided down my legs, and under my arms. The moisture strip definitely did the trick. No ashy, flakey skin or the pain I come to associate with razor burn. The shave was close, too. I don't see stubble, after nearly twelve hours - which is unheard of, for me. I am from Lebanese/Latino/Indo European stock. We grow our hair with pride...So, yes, I will try this razor again. Good show.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Time User, May 11, 2012
I have never used a razor before!(I'm Chinese and I used to use electrical ones)
However this is my first use and I shaved my underarm the minute I got it. Everything went exceptionally well!!! No accident at all. And as it goes in the advertisement, it DOES do a very close shave, much much better than the electrical one I have( Panasonic). Anyway, love it. I think I'll continue to use it regularly and stock up some cartridges before I go back to China!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, August 3, 2011
Dr. Oz show says to use a single-blade razor to avoid ingrown hairs. Personally, I'm sticking with this 5-blader. It works really well and I find I don't cut myself much at all. I also like the moisturizer around the blades, but you do still need to use shaving cream.

One bad thing about the moisturizer is that it makes it harder to travel with it. The moisturizer strip gets gooey and messy unless you've let it COMPLETELY dry. I end up keeping it in it's own zip lock baggy while I"m traveling to avoid getting all my toiletries gummed up.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this purchase., December 5, 2011
I've been using this type of razor for awhile now and I love it. It gets a very close shave. The only reason I gave it four stars was because It sounds like it comes with a razor with a shave head on it AND two extra, when in face you only get the two shaving heads.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it!, April 9, 2012
In NY this cost about 10 dollars + taxes.
So I was happy to find the same product for a little bit cheaper price.

The razor is good, what more can I say about it?
It fits other Venus razor cartridges, so you don't have to stick only to Venus Embrace

I recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product At A Great Price, July 13, 2011
This is a great product and is offered at a great price (even better if you watch for a $2 0ff coupon in your Amazon coupon book). This has to be the best razor I have ever purchased! It gives an extremely close shave and will leave your legs so smooth! If you aren't familiar with this razor, use caution when using it for the first few times because there is no need to press down too hard while shaving...it will do the job without causing razor burn! I also loved the fact that it came with the extra cartridge and I especially liked the "ShowerPod" for storing the razor and additional cartridges in the shower! I would recommend this product to anyone that wants a great product for a great price!Gillette Venus Embrace Pink Razor, 1 Razor 2 Cartridges

5.0 out of 5 stars Venus is the best, April 10, 2012
This is the best razor I ever used. Close shave, no nicks. Super smooth. i buy them for my 13 yr old daughter too. Whenever she would use other brands she would get out of the shower with blood dripping down her legs. I know inexperience was part of the problem, but she does just fine with the venus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Possibly an elaborate torture device., May 30, 2013
Bethany (California, United States) - See all my reviews
For a long time I've used a men's Mach 3 razor for shaving, and never had any issues. But I had the opportunity to get a free sample of this razor, and thought hey, maybe a women's razor would be a nice upgrade.

So, I tried this out, and things seemed to be going pretty well. It felt smooth, the gel bars seemed to be helping it glide across my skin. The consistency of the gel is a little weird once it gets wet, it made strings (think mozzarella cheese) when I pulled it away. After about 30 seconds, it started to burn a bit, but I quickly rinsed off and that seemed to help it. Was just about finished, went to shave a tiny spot on my foot, and this razor decided to really help me out by taking a dime-sized chunk of skin off.

After all is said and done, I'm bleeding completely through a bandaid, have tons of tiny knicks all over my legs, awful razor burn, and there's still way more hair on my legs than is reasonable considering the resulting carnage.

I think I'll go back to the men's razor, I've never managed to cut myself with it, and it actually gets all the hair.

Rate and Discover Movies