Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $6.91 shipping
+ $14.50 shipping
+ $6.49 shipping
Gilmour 996D Pattern Master Impulse Sprinkler (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
|Price:||$18.60 + $6.20 shipping|
|You Save:||$12.59 (40%)|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Adjusts quickly - from 8 ft. to 59 ft. Water coverage up to 5800 sq. ft. (86 ft. X 59 ft.)
- Spray pattern adjusts to fit most square or rectangular shapes.
- The flexible spray tube bends up or down to set width of coverage.
- Flip action dial adjusts watering pattern from left to right for full, partial and in-between settings.
- Impact resistant, rustproof polymer construction.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
There are several problems with the design, however, that have forced me to stop using it.
1) Don't think of attaching this sprinkler to another in series. Despite the ability to connect this sprinkler in series with other sprinklers, it really needs all of the water pressure from your spigot initiate rotation. I connected it in series to run two sprinklers together (not the same type of sprinkler, one of the Gilmour silent motor sprinklers, but this happens with any sprinkler that uses even a minimal amount of water), and it would not start rotating, it just shot water in one direction. Even if I lowered the adjustable track, it would not start on its own. It only works if it is the only sprinkler attached to the spigot. By the way, my water pressure is fine.
2. Initiation of rotation is unreliable even if it is the only sprinkler attached to your hose, therefore it does not work well with a water timer. I came home once to find the sprinkler not rotating and shooting water in one direction only. I don't know if this relates to how steep you set the peaks and troughs on the height/distance adjustment collar. It might get stuck in one of the troughs and have difficulty initiating rotation. To solve this problem, Gilmour should have a small roller where the sprinkler head contacts the adjustable collar to reduce the friction.
Overall it's a great idea. But I can only recommend it if you intend to use it without other sprinklers in series and if you actually watch it start up every time (ie not use it with a timer)
I'm buying a third one now. Apparently, these sprinklers aren't quite sturdy enough to withstand the wheels of a car. But when my neighbor accidentally ran one over and bought me a non-adjustable Gilmour sprinkler as a replacement, I didn't hesitate to order a new adjustable one myself (it was a kind gesture, and I guess it wasn't obvious from the mangled bits of plastic). :-)
Two months later -- in the summer heat stretch -- I realized that this sprinkler has a gaping "hole" about 2/3 of the way toward the water's endpoint. This area of grass was burning in the sun due to insufficient water. To verify this, I setup four identical low-rimmed cat food dishes in a straight line at five foot intervals from the sprinkler. After running it for thirty minutes, I measured the amount of water in each dish.
Dish 1 (5 feet out) -- 1/2inch
Dish 2 (10 feet out) -- 3/8inch
Dish 3 (15 feet out) -- 1/8inch*
Dish 4 (20 feet out) -- 1/2 inch
*The area of unsightly "burned" grass was around Dish 3.
Because of this distribution issue, I cannot recommend this otherwise brilliant sprinkler. I ended up replacing it with a Dramm oscillating sprinkler and it completely solved the problem.
I also do not recommend owning four cats.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The product shipped to me was different from this. I ordered the 996D and received a 196SPB.
I have the Gilmour 996D Pattern Master Sprinkler and it is an excellent product. Read more
This is the 3rd season - still works well. Wish it had more metal parts, I stepped on the one that this one replaced, and of course, the plastic broke. Read morePublished 20 months ago by Chappy-Padre
Even though this is discontinued, the plastic that controls the direction movement breaks over time. Yeah may be 2 years of use could do this and not happy with this at all. Read morePublished 20 months ago by T. Adeeb