Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on February 21, 2007
I just bought the Dora folding potty seat today at Walmart. It doesn't cover the entire toilet seat. It starts at the front of the toilet, and doesn't go all the way to the back. The result is that there is no support in the back. My daughter is 3 yrs, 4 months, and this seat is much too weak for her. Any movement she makes causes the potty seat to sink in the back. I'm afraid that if we use it, it will soon break and she'll fall in. She definitely can't sit back, or even sit straight up because it sinks so much. I'm returning it and I'm going to look for something else.
VINE VOICEon July 21, 2007
i suppose this seat is better than layering tons of toilet paper on a toilet bowl. this folding seat may be appealing to little ones because it comes decorated with familiar characters (e.g., sesame street, dora, etc). but there is nothing to hold it in place on a toilet seat. my twins can't relax enough to 'go' while sitting on it because the hinges are flimsy so the seat feels like it's about to give way under them. they're small (27lb) 2yos, so i can't imagine what would happen if they weighed more. save your money and get a more stable travel potty seat!
on August 25, 2007
Hey, it doesn't replace a real potty seat, folks. You still have to hold on to your kid while they are going--but at least you don't have to hold them up, it makes them feel more secure. And it folds up small enough in its own little plastic bag to fit in the diaper bag without contaminating everything in it.
on January 16, 2012
These folding seats are horrible! At first I thought it was the greatest thing until I found the actual greatest thing! While this does fold nice and small, the open front is a joke. My daughter sprayed out constantly on her clothing! Public toilets are open front too, so there was NOTHING to stop the pee. It was just a hassle having to change her clothes all the time. The only thing I could do to stop her from peeing out was to hold her legs straight out and lean her forward. Really? As if potty training wasn't difficult enough! There were also several times that it pinched her little hiney when she sat down because of the hinges in the middle of the seat! This made her afraid of it which we all know is a VERY BAD THING.
I found a different potty which I actually bought to keep in the car. Now I use that one instead of this folding seat for my second child. The Kalencom Potette plus potty is WAY BETTER. It has no hinges on the seat so it never pinches, and it has a built in guard to keep them from peeing on their clothes. While it is slightly larger, I would much rather carry that one around since it is so much easier to use and comfy for my child. It comes with a bag that you can keep flushible wipes and training pants in as well. Get that one!
on September 14, 2007
I think this is a brilliant idea, but needs a little work. It is a bit flimsy, so I have to hold the back end of it so my daughters bum doesn't get folded up in the seat. But she loves it, and it saves on using public toilets that are way too big for 1 1/2 year old to use!
on August 19, 2013
We use this potty absolutely every single day! I wish this seat had real grips or handles on the sides. My daughter grabs the edges and touches the public toilet instead. Also it does not grip the seat, it will move while your toddler is on it. But as for now, it'll do. It keeps my baby girls bottom from touching the public toilet, that was the main thing.
on December 27, 2013
This seat does work for traveling, and my daughter likes Dora, but it is very unstable and makes me worried. I have to keep a close proximity to keep my daughter stable, and you need to make sure that you snap it open properly before your child sits or there is danger of pinching. The plastic just slides very easily on almost all porcelain bowls so that it is hard to keep the seat where it will be supported correctly. It is really only useful as a resort in public restroom with a large diameter toilet that can't be straddled by a small bottom.
on February 7, 2013
we use this for my potty training 2 year old when we are out and about and the public toilets are too big for her small tush. the top "handles" have a grippy under neath to keep the seat in place, but I wish there were grippies on the lower parts as well because the handles end up being off the sit sometimes and then there is no way to keep it from slipping around. It folds up nicely and fits into a little clear, thick plastic bag that it comes in. I wanted something that would fit into our diaper bag and hold up my kid on public toilets and this seat does just that. It's not the most practical, but it works for us!
on August 31, 2013
I thought it would be a great idea to use this on our toilet at home as well as out and about in public restrooms. But when my 28 pound 2 1/2 year old sits on it, the plastic seat cannot hold the weight and falls into the toilet. Waste of money. Just sit the kiddo on the regular toilet seat.
on May 21, 2013
TURN BACK THE CLOCK! WANT YOUR BABY BACK IN DIAPERS? BUY THIS SEAT!!! COMPLETE MAGICAL POTTY TRAINING REVERSAL SYSTEM!!!

Okay, to be fair, I didn't buy this from Amazon. I usually shop here on Amazon though, quite frankly because of the reviews! This was an un-researched purchase, and reminded me just how much I appreciate reviews on products before buying. I think parents need to know that this seat (yes, it's the exact same one I bought) is a PIECE OF CRAP!!!

My daughter (22 months old) has been a seasoned potty user since 18 months. We usually carry around her regular Tinkerbell potty seat cover from home in a big bag, but really wanted a smaller compact one that folds, so we bought this one on sale at Babies R Us. She used this folding seat for the first time at a public mall restroom. First, it really doesn't fit right on the elongated seats on those public toilets. Her legs had to stick straight out instead of hanging over the edge of the toilet like the ones at home. Next, it's flimsy as heck! When I sat her on it, the whole front of the seat bent down in, and she tried to adjust herself and it immediately slipped out from under her butt and went flying across the stall while she plummeted into the toilet!!!!!! Luckily, I grabbed her before she hit the water, but then she started crying "owee!! owee!!" and pointing to her butt. I looked and the seat had pinched her little bum cheek pretty bad. I packed up the stupid thing and am taking it right back to the store for a refund. It's a complete waste.

Of course, if you want something to totally destroy any progress you've made potty training, this is the product for you!!!!