1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars snazzy unique shoes for the price, September 2, 2010
Just got these shoes and love 'em! They're quite comfortable and fit great right out of the box. I'd like to make a few points to people interested in them though, as they do differ a bit from how they look in the pictures. For starters, the color of the shoes in reality doesn't quite match up with the color in the picture.

The green is a little lighter and more artificial/neonish than it appears in the picture. Leaning more towards a "green apple" type. I was only mildly disappointed by this, as they still look good, but this perhaps makes it less suitable to wear for work or formal occasions in my opinion.

Secondly, parts of the leather, particularly the toe have more of a "photographic" appearance of texture rather than a real embossed type of texture with depth to look like crocodile skin. This makes them look much less realistically like the leathers they're mimicing. Once again, not a showstopper for me, for this price, I wasn't expecting miracles. Real croc skin shoes will run you in the 4-500 dollar price range.

One note of caution: the soles of these shoes are INCREDIBLY slippery! I couldn't get solid traction on pavement the first time i wore these shoes, my feet were slipping on blacktop, not to mention carpet and linoleum. I was practically moonwalking to my desk at work today. I'm hoping this changes as they become more abrasive from use, but i may end up scoring the soles lightly with a knife it this persists.

All in all, I'm satisfied with my purchase, the shoes look cool and unique, you won't see many other people with these shoes!

Giorgio Brutini Men's 210045-1 Oxford