5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boot I have found
Published on August 18, 2010 by Robert Yancy

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful boots but the smell lasts a long time
These boots are great looking, fit great, and walk well. I like the leather and the lining. They are comfortable to wear all day with orthotics and true to size and color. And the price is great.

Published on November 25, 2009 by Stephen Beckvonpeccoz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boot I have found, August 18, 2010
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 66014 Boot (Apparel)
I have had 2 pair of this boots for about 4 years that is right 4 year they are amazing the soles are worn thin but are super comfortable. They look great and feel great my boot are beat up but they are the first thing that I garb to put on they are true to size and look good with jean or slacks. One the best shoe buys ever I love them! I am a big guy with a size 14 foot so I have to say that I was happy to find a dress boot that fit. The fit is prefect not to small are narrow and not to wide just right. I have walked and danced for hours in them they hold a nice shine when they are polished and are all most water proof. Great deal for great boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Zip-up Boots, April 26, 2012
I read the pros and cons before buying. I appreciate these Amazon ratings and usually give more weight to the highest stars, ignoring many of the one-star comments because some people are simply difficult to please in this age in which we live. Now . . . .
my boots arrived and had the odor common to new shoes (like having the pleasing smell of a new car). The fit was nice and the convenience of the zippers is welcomed. Yes, I recommend these shoes for anyone wanting a nice dress boot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful boots but the smell lasts a long time, November 25, 2009
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 66014 Boot (Apparel)

However, the chemical they used in China to cure the leather (formaldehyde?) is strong and lasts more than two weeks. It's so bad that I put mine outside overnight over the weekend. I don't keep them in the closet with my suits because it will make them smell. I can even smell it when I'm wearing them if I'm in my office or sitting somewhere static like on a bus. I've had them almost a month and the smell is fading but not gone. The pull tab on the back is not too obtrusive, but it does catch the hem of my pants, so like other boots, I used my Leatherman to slice the tab off and now they don't catch.

Overall, I would give these five stars for everything except the smell. It better go away.

UPDATE: Three years later and the boots still smell some, permanently, even though I've cleaned them with baking soda and with vinegar. It is NOT the smell of leather, but rather what they spray treat them with so they don't mildew while being shipped across the ocean. You can't clean the leather on the inside.

Also, the cheap interior leather has worn through at the back above the heels. The sole is so thin you can feel rocks and pebbles when you step on them. They are what they are - cheap, nice-looking boots made in China. I have since bought other boots - the Sawyer from To Boot New York, and the Lacey from Johnston & Murphy. They are more expensive but much nicer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Thoughts on My Recent Purchase, October 19, 2009
I recently received my order, a pair of Giorgio Bruntini side zip dress boots. The price was less than $64.00, delivered, but they had been made in China and like so many things made in China, the quality left a lot to be desired. The leather was overly thick and stiff, there was no lining and the soles were composition, but for $64.00, they weren't a bad buy. They are nice looking and fit well. In the future, Amazon.com should state the country of origin to avoid these problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, April 9, 2012
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 66014 Boot (Apparel)
You would have to be a very picky shoe buyer to give this product a low review rating. I just got my boots and I was in anticipation of either a good or pad product. Well, I can tell you I am glad I made this purchase. I had bought a similar pair of boots at DSW for 99+tax, I am taking them back and ordering another pair of these. A lot are wondering about the smell... If you are going to sleep with your boots on or sleep with them next to your pillow, do not buy them. The price and quality of the product is greater the advantage to that of a temporary smell. I have had other boots with similar problem and yes the smell will always be present minimally but will be there. Again, you will feel it if you put them next to your pillow at night. I am very satisfied as you can read. Good luck to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, I Am Almost Speechless, October 3, 2009
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 66014 Boot (Apparel)
I was looking for this style half/boot for some time now and they are difficult to find!

I was an Very Happy camper with this purchase, and the boot seems to be exceptional quality and manufacturing, it even has that fresh from the factory smell!!

The size I was trying to orde was EE or EEE, But got W (Wide) - However this size was perfect for me, the W is in fact adequate for EE sized people.

I have no complaints!, and I am a stingy shopper, Delivery was also fast and packing was exceptional.

Bravo!
Duf

5/4/2010:

Bought another one and with the price drop it is by far an exceptional value, In fact I moved my SONY Point to Amazon Points JUST to buy Stuff from amazon, this boot impressed me that much!

Duf

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm happy with the purchase, October 19, 2010
I love the color - it's pretty true to the photos. I found the boot to be great fitting and easily malleable for a quick break-in period. A few outings wearing thick socks was more than enough to break these in. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pair of Boots at Bargain Price, November 3, 2013
Through Amazon this item was delivered in just a couple days and was the same boot we paid twice that amount for a few years ago.
It is used for a working shoe in a stand up all day job. It is comfortable and looks great.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Narrow!, October 4, 2010
I ordered these boots for work, because they looked nice, and the price seemed right.
THESE BOOTS ARE VERY NARROW!
I wear 9 wides exclusively, and these were the tightest shoes i had ever put on my feet. Not wide at all. Also they seemed much longer in the toe area than other boots/shoes I have purchaced.
Im going to return them, we'll see if the return process is good or not. Never returned a non Amazon item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality boots for a very reasonable price!!, October 23, 2013
I did not have high expectation because the price for the boots is about $45. But to my surprise (and agreed with other review), these are very nice boots and fits perfect. Some reviews mentioned the boots are little bigger than the true size. They fit perfectly for me and the quality is great! Next step is to see how long they will last.

Giorgio Brutini Men's 66014 Boot