4.0 out of 5 stars Brutini Dress Boot
Overall, this is a nice boot. There are two items or issues that I would advise other buyers to consider when buying Giorgio Brutini Boots.

Published on November 9, 2006 by James E. McGowan

2.0 out of 5 stars Dress Boots with problems
Published on May 24, 2011 by J. Myles

4.0 out of 5 stars Brutini Dress Boot, November 9, 2006

First, consider the fact that these boots are manufactured in Europe (Italy) so they are made in a more "slender" fashion. Therefore, when purchasing this type of boots, you should order a 1/2 (half) size larger than the size you normally wear. This is especially true if you wear "Over the Calf" or thicker type socks with boots, as I do.

Second, I've also owned and worn Brutini loafer style shoes and, as with the boots, the sole of this brand of footwear is quite thin. Within about six months, my shoes already had a hole worn through the sole in the area of the shoe that the "ball" of your foot contacts the pavement.

In closing, I want to add that my experience with amazon.com, as far as, the ordering, shipping, etc. was excellent and I'll continue to use amazon.com for future online purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST BEATLE BOOTS AROUND, April 9, 2009
G. W. Knight (Manhattan,Kansas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 80575 Dress Boot (Apparel)
Have looked and looked for years to find a reasonable source for Beatle boots, these boots are right in the style of brit invasion, thay are air light,very,very comfortable, the price is reasonable, and the grade of kid leather good, only draw back is that these boots if worn daily will wear out fairly quickly. but worth a new pair. After wearing my first pair a few days ORDERED a second pair so as not to be without.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Beatles boots, the right style and the right price, a little baggy, March 13, 2011
Lawrence Brown "Larry Brown" (HOUSTON, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 80575 Dress Boot (Apparel)
If you are looking for Beatles boots, these are it. They are the right look and the right price. There is probably some variance in the boots that the Beatles wore. With all the miles they put in, you know they had to go through a lot of boots and they probably didn't get the same ones every time. The classic Beatles boot is a modified "Chelsea" boot, which is an English working boot style (the modification is adding the flamenco high heel). They had a seam down the middle to the toe. These do not have that seam, so they might not qualify as a classic Beatles boot in some books.

They do, however, have a nice high flamenco style heel, which is really what gives the Beatle boot most of its distinctive look. The leather is nice and soft and they are comfortable to wear. I feel dressy and flashy when I have them on.

Look other fine European shoe-wear I've owned, these boots feature a thin, refined looking, leather sole. I have found, on all my fine shoes, it doesn't take a lot of miles to wear a hole in such soles. That's just the price for high fashion.

I also found nice Beatles boots at a local DSW shoestore, but at over 3 times the price of these.

I'm satisfied with these, but do be aware that when worn they sag and bag. I think I've seen pictures of the Beatles where their boots are also sagging and bagging. I have a finicky friend that will not accept footwear that bags, so if you're like him these may not be for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giorgio Brutini 80575, August 27, 2011
This product was as described. The leather is pretty descent and the item is in brand new condition. I was very happy with shipping time as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dress Boots with problems, May 24, 2011
This review is from: Giorgio Brutini Men's 80575 Dress Boot (Apparel)
THE BOOTS HAVE PROBLEMS: I took my old boots to be repaired. They needed new soles. The repair shop wanted $55.00 plus tax to install new soles. Recently, I paid him $45.00 plus tax to repair the heels. I calculated that I could buy the NEW Giorgio Brutini 80575 for less then the repair price. So, LOGIC prevailed (I thought). If the Giorgio Brutini's work out, I will give the old boots to charity. I really never thought of these as "Beetle" boots. They are just plain toe dress boots which are really hard to find. You can find a really nice looking western style boot if you like the stitching, but formal occasions require a plain toe dress boot and it looks like the Giorgio Brutini's 80575 would fit nearly every occasion. These boots look great BUT only for a little while, the heel starts to wear and the white plastic that the heel is made of appears AND the toe will turn up and put a crease at the toe making the boot look strangely deformed. THAT SMOOTH TOE LOOK IS GONE. I took them to a boot shop to have the rubberized heel plate replaced and was told that the plate is glued on and it will eventually wear down to the white plastic again. I asked if he could replace the entire heel and I was told that could not be done at a reasonable price. The toe problem was resolved with heat and reshaping. So I am looking for glue on heel plates so I can keep some handy. My decision to buy these boots would have been very different if I had know the composition of the heel and the poor quality workmanship of the boot. I don't know why people are giving these boots such high marks, I did not find the long term quality to be there, but then again the low price is in accordance with the low quality. BTW: There really is no return policy on these boots from the vendor that I purchased them from. I WOULD NOT BUY THESE BOOTS AGAIN AT ANY PRICE...

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable, August 9, 2011
Wonderfully comfortable straight out of the box. Easy to walk in, with a firm heel, not "squashy" like some Cuban heels which tend to roll your ankle. The soles are very light so I had man-made soles put on before I wore them as they are worn outdoors as well as for dressy indoor occasions. The leather is very fine so it needs to be well polished to keep it soft and supple.
I will certainly buy more in other colours, and would recommend them to anyone who likes this type of zippered boot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good price but cheaply made., September 7, 2009
I really needed half boots to help correct a back problem, and since two inch heels are not the fashion right now, they are hard to find. These Brutini's are stylish looking and they are comfortable, but in only a couple of months, they have started to peel around the toes and sides, which is disappointing.

1.0 out of 5 stars great looking boot, December 25, 2013
shoe would be great for narrow feet, toe area was very narrow not made for m or w feet. that's a shame

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, January 10, 2014
The boot is made of cheap material. The heel of the boot broke off in the middle. Claims to have leather bottom but is poor quality. The boot did not last even a month and it's a manufacturer's default. Please save your money and don't purchase this poor quality boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value on a nice product, September 23, 2013
after reading many of the reviews here on amazon, i decided to purchase these demi boots as they were exactly what i was looking for. i took the advice of many of the reviews that i read and ordered them 1/2 size larger than my regular shoe size and it was information well given. these are well made and extremely comfortable. i wear cowboy boot very often, but can't (and don't) find them appropriate for my workplace, so these are perfect. i have only been wearing them for a day so i can't comment on their "wearablity" at this point so i suggest you consider reading as many of the previous reviews as you like to get a better feel for that. i felt the price was right, they are comfortable for me right out of the bos, and i am considering ordering another pair in a different color.

Giorgio Brutini Men's 80575 Dress Boot