5.0 out of 5 stars Add that extra touch that makes the controller great
Published on November 6, 2008 by Breakpoint

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one size fits all
For me these triggers are so/so. I am no Andre the Giant but I'm a big guy with big hands. The problem that this creates for me is the accidental button press.

Published on July 12, 2009 by Moe

5.0 out of 5 stars Add that extra touch that makes the controller great, November 6, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I have owned PS3 Trigger addons for 4 months and enjoy them a lot. They keep your fingers secure on the R2 and L2 buttons when in an intense gaming moment. The are great for games that use shooting or racing. They add precision to the buttons so you can push them in as light or hard as you want since the extra layer of plastic gives you more control. When you don't have these on it can be hard to get that precision. These things aren't flawless though, they sometimes pop off after a little frustration with the controller like after an unexpected death which send the pieces flying in the room which can make you even more mad since they are hard to find. However, they usually stay on unless you use a lot of force. I think they are worth the money since you become use to them after using them for a while and want them on your controller all the time.

I am a PS# trophy hunter and I approve of them at [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars The PS3 controller should have been made this way in the 1st place!, November 14, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Best 5 dollars you will spend on your PS3. While looking for a modded 360 /PS3 controller for a little while due to the fact that I could not stand the triggers on the PS3 controllers the way they came from the factory. I found these on line and thought I would give them a try. Needless to say they work great! Very easy to install. And they stay in place. I would highly recommend these.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have for all PS3 gamers!, January 19, 2009
RealTriggers

often the smallest things in life may just brighten your day. this is so true for these 2 small plastic snap-on triggers for PS3 dual-shock 3/sixaxis controllers. the texture and material wise, it is very close to the original make and upon snapping on, it stays there perfectly. with this small addition, there will be no more slippages, when playing games which uses L2/R2 often - especially GT Prologue. No more slipping while changing gears! Great product! a must have for all PS3 gamers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Idea ever, April 3, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
These are the best items for a former XBOX-360 player who has seen the light and come over to the great Sony world.

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST thing for your controllers!, September 12, 2009
David S. (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I read all the reviews for these little babies and was very impressed with what others had said. Since there are some bad reviews I decided to only get one set of these to try out. [...] bucks is not my life savings, so no big loss if I hated these. When I first got them and tried to put them on, I got what a few others have as well where they seemed to fall off. A little observation of the clip and all that is needed is to press on them harder in a slight downwards direction and towards the controller. They snapped into place and have not come off since.

These little babies are a real addition to my gaming. They give the controller a trigger feel, more like a gun and since I play a lot of shooter games this is a real PLUS. They also add a bit of a better grip on the controller. They are also great in that they allow for a more sensitive touch when you press them from the far edge.

As for what others have said about these as far as the bad reviews, I have to assume these people have not clipped them on fully or got a bad set. I have now purchased 4 sets of these and not had an issue with any of them. As for people saying that they pinch their fingers, well that has to be a one off situation or how they hold them, maybe small or chubby hands. Some have said that they have tried them on the Dualshock 3 controllers and had issues, that is another case of users error. I have these on two sixaxis and two dualshock 3 controllers and they work and feel the same. Lastly, people have said that they don't like these do to them being too sensitive, I say hold your fingers higher and they are just fine, in fact the higher you put your fingers, the less sensitive the button becomes.

If you are looking to add a little extra to your controller, get these bad boys over silicone covers. The covers had to be removed to charger on a dock and tear or get sticky from use.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 RealTriggers for Sixaxis and DualShock 3 Review, January 30, 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Since these are so cheap I thought I'd try it out, and I'm so glad I did. I don't understand why Sony didn't design it this way in the first place. It easily snaps on and off. But doesn't ever feel like it will come out during gaming. My wife even wondered why Sony didn't design it like this in the first place and she isn't even a gamer!

I love these things:

* Don't feel bulky
* Easily snap on and off
* Feels secure and won't come off during gameplay
* Matches the other buttons exactly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one size fits all, July 12, 2009
Moe (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews

With my hands in a 'relaxed yet ready to fire state" my trigger finger ends up pressing ever so slightly on the button and causing various effects. If it's a driving game then I'm holding down the break, if it's a shooter then I'm accidentally firing and letting my enemy know where I am.

Though I'm not a big fan of this item I suggest you give them a try. They are rock solid and for most can make the controller more comfortable and usable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pinches my skin, November 18, 2009
Barisi (Ipswich, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this item with my PS3 slim 120gb after reading several reviewssaying it is a great item. While I don't have a problem with it's functionality, I find that the dualshock 3 pads are perfectly OK without this attachment and I have never encountered any slippage in the course of gameplay. I'd also like to add that when I have the triggers attached, if I attempt using the R1 and R2 buttons the triggers almost always pinch the skin on my fingers so while it provides a marginally better grip of the shoulder buttons, it pinches you in the process.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, but Expensive for what it is., March 26, 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
One of my biggest issue with the Playstation 3, is the controller. The biggest issue with the controller for me is the triggers. I frequently accidentally press the trigger either from my fingers resting on the trigger or it slipping. This is due to the inward curvature of the triggers.

The RealTriggers solves this problem and is well built. However, it is slightly bigger than I expected and causes a slightly longer reaction time due to the further distance the triggers has to travel for the PS3 to recognize the trigger press.

Pros:
- Solves the accidentally trigger press problem
- Well built and even color on the plastic. Color matches the controller's other buttons
- Easy installation, just snap it on. It takes 2-seconds.
- Removal didn't cause any damage or leave any marks on the controller.
- Works on both the DualShock 3 and the Sixaxis controller

Cons:
- High cost for essentially two pieces of small plastic
- Hard to remove, but possible
- Increases reaction time due to increased trigger travel distance
- Minor point and very subjective, but does not aesthetically look pleasing once installed

Overall I highly recommend this product for those experience the accidental trigger press. It has greatly improved the PS3 controller for me. I will buy a few more for backup in case these are no longer sold else where.

The amazon description suggest this product is from Messiah, but I received the GioTeck ones. Hopefully that clears up the confusion for some.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but 2 slight problems., May 16, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Gioteck PS3 Dual L / R Triggers Controller Attachments for Playstation 3 (Accessory)
These are a wonderful product that work amazingly well. I am a big fan of the 360 controller, and specifically its shoulder buttons and triggers. These make the Dualshock 3 controller shoulder buttons a whole lot better. They really do not add that much height to the shoulder buttons, and they allow for my fingers to stay rooted to it. You can also more easily hit r2 and l2 now with just a quick swipe, instead of having to force your entire finger down to smash down the 2 shoulder triggers, probably a lot of peoples complaint with the DS3 controller is the fact that you have to fully commit to hitting the shoulder buttons which can give you a horrible response time in some games, or your finger just slides right off it. With these triggers you no longer have that issue.

I have two problems with these triggers. The first is that when hit right the triggers very easily pop off. If you drop the controller the triggers will literally fly off, and can get lost in little cracks and crevices of rooms. Also setting it down sometimes, if you do it just right, or wrong depending on how you look at it, you will pop one of them off. It's not a big issue but if you are clumsy or have kids you may want to try and glue them on, or get extra triggers.

That leads me to my next point of price. I was very excited when I first saw these on amazon.com, as I love shopping here. The ease and everything made me maybe rush in and buy these. The bottom line is they are 2 expensive, and I didn't realize it till they arrived. I have seen these exact same triggers, they even have a very similar package, at my local Gamestop and Best buy. They were even the same price, the only difference in price is sales tax. The reason this upsets me is that the ones I have seen at bestbuy and gamestop are 2 packs. Which means you get 4 triggers and not 2. When I saw this on amazon I saw the price, and just assumed that these would be the sames ones I could pick up at gamestop or bestbuy, and that is my problem which is why I haven't tried to return them because I did make a mistake. I think that they should put how many triggers you get in the description somewhere so this confusion doesn't happen again. Until they drop their price though I will be buying these locally unfortunately.

Gioteck PS3 Dual L / R Triggers Controller Attachments for Playstation 3