இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾѾ Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!

Published on March 24, 2011 by ƒůŽźŸ...

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION: AMAZON SHIPPING FAKE ROCKET AIR BLASTERS
Published 16 months ago by idesign

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing really blows! And it doesn't suck after years of usage! ;-), March 24, 2011
This review is from: Giottos AA1910 Medium Rocket Air Blaster (6.6) (Electronics)
இ Fuzzy Wuzzy's Summary:
ѾѾѾѾѾ Highly recommended with warm fuzzies!

Several years ago, I purchased two of these medium-sized Rocket Airs and two of the large-sized Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large (Black). There is also the more compact Giottos AA1920 Rocket Air Blaster Small (Black), but I find the larger and more forceful volume of air that is blown by the Medium-sized and Large-sized Rocket Airs to be more useful, requiring fewer blasts of air to get the job done. These are the best air blowers on the market! My Rocket Airs are still going strong after several years of near-daily usage, so I recommend this highly for both effectiveness and durability. Don't just settle for the tiny blowers that come in the camera cleaning kits; those tiny blowers are far more compact and easy to carry, but they cannot do much to dislodge stubborn electrostatically-charged dust.

After I decide upon what I am packing, traveling with, or what camera bag or backpack I am carrying, I then decide whether to take my medium or large Rocket Air for the outing. And one of my large Rocket Airs always stays at home for a variety of non-camera uses too. I usually travel with the medium-sized Rocket Air because it is more compact. For cleaning camera sensors on my three Canon dSLRs, I use the large-sized Rocket Air because I want a good blast of air without inserting the Blaster's nozzle into the camera body. I do not want to get the Rocket Air's nozzle too close to my camera's sensor for fear of bumping the plastic nozzle tip onto the sensor.

These are indispensable not just for cleaning off camera lenses and sensors, but I also use them to blow out dust and debris that may collect on computer keyboards and laptops, every time I open up a desktop computer case to change the computer's internal configuration, and various other uses where I need to blow dust off of electronic components.

For cleaning keyboards and laptops at home, where I have access to a vacuum cleaner with crevice tool available, the vacuum crevice tool is more effective than this air blower. But while I am at the office or on the road, I use the Rocket Air on keyboards and laptops.

Another awesome use for my Rocket Air is for blowing dust off of computer and electronic components. In particular, it is important to periodically blow dust off of the heat sinks of electronics such as CPU heat sinks and heat sinks inside stereo amplifiers/receivers. Heat sinks that have heavy amounts of accumulated dust can lead to ineffective heat dissipation, resulting in the overheating of your CPU and electronics, possibly leading to premature component failure. Even if I have not upgraded my desktop computers within a year, I like to open up the cases of all of my desktop computers once a year and blow out the dust that accumulates on the CPU heat sink, the motherboard, all internal computer fans, and I point the Rocket Air's nozzle into the slots of my computer's power supply to blow dust out of it too. As with cleaning digital camera sensors, you should not get the Rocket Air's nozzle too close to the motherboard to avoid risking the nozzle getting bumped into sensitive components. If you have a desktop computer and you have not opened up the computer case in years, you may be surprised at just how much dust, pet fur, and debris has accumulated on its motherboard, CPU, components, power supply, fan blades, etc. It only takes a few minutes to open up the computer case, take the Rocket Air, and blow all that dust out of the motherboard, power supply, and fans. You may also want to have a vacuum cleaner nearby to suck up the cloud of dust that comes floating out.

You should also periodically clean the vent openings on your laptop. These vent openings consist of fan intake vents and vents where warm air from inside your laptop is blown out. These vent openings may be positioned around the sides of the laptop and also underneath the laptop. Dust and lint can be pulled into the interior of a laptop, causing ineffective heat dissipation and overheating. And compared to the interior of a desktop computer, a laptop's interior is far more crowded. When I have access to a vacuum cleaner's crevice tool, I find that holding the vacuum crevice tool up close to a laptop's vents is more effective for cleaning them. But when I am at the office or traveling, I point this Rocket Air's nozzle up against each of the laptop's vent openings and give each vent opening several good blasts of air. By cleaning the interior of your desktop computers and laptops, your computer runs more efficiently to cool itself and you may even notice that your computer's fans run quieter because they do not have to try as hard to cool the computer when the interior is not all covered with dust and lint.

For years now, I no longer buy any of the cannister "air duster" products anymore. And despite being referred to as "canned air", these "air" cannisters all consist of fluorocarbons that are compressed into liquid form, and fluorocarbons are toxic, noxious, and flammable. And if you do not hold and use the "air duster" cans correctly, they can spray liquid fluorocarbons onto your camera's sensor or electronic components. A common fluorocarbon used in "canned air" is difluoroethane. Prolonged exposure to difluoroethane has been linked in humans to the development of coronary heart-disease and angina; the chemical can also cause lower abdominal cramps. Many fluorocarbons are very potent greenhouse gases that can affect the environment, and if some fluorocarbons are inhaled/ingested, like pesticides, they can accumulate and be stored in your body to have toxic effects on your liver and endocrine and immune systems. So these canned air products, which are really canned fluorocarbons, are all nasty stuff... both for you and the environment. Along with being more healthy for you by not breathing fluorocarbons into your lungs when you use canned air products, your hand muscles also get a little exercise by squeezing this Rocket Air :)

The large Rocket Air also comes in a red color if you prefer that color. As an added bonus, I love the Rocket Air design, looking like a Buck Rogers spacecraft, with its four rocket fins cleverly keeping the blower free-standing upright on a table. Visitors to your house might initially think that this Rocket Air device is some kind of proctologist tool or kinky sex toy, but that adds to its charm! If you have a dog, keep your Rocket Air away from them, as some dogs find this to be a pretty nice chew toy! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet effective, March 13, 2011
I wasn't sure if I should buy the small, medium, or large size. I went with medium. It seems to be about the perfect size for effective air distrubution and being able to stash it in a camera gear bag. I purchased this because for the first time since I have owned this camera(Canon DSLR) I had an annoying speck showing up on my camera sensor(shows up in pictures but not through camera viewer) I locked the mirror up in the camera settings, carefully blew it out, then checked again, the speck had moved.. Did it again and it took care of it. Seems to be a well manufactured item and promises to not redistribute more specks by filtering it's own air. A very good investment for what I paid. I don't doubt this will last a very long time and be used on many more occasions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential in dusty environments, September 4, 2010
Ryan (Redwood City, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This thing saved my rear when I was shooting in the dusty Serengeti. I got dust on my sensor and would have gone absolutely insane if I couldn't take decent photos. The rocket blaster cleaned the sensor and allowed me to start breathing again! The medium size is more portable than the large, but the large blaster is probably more effective. If you've got room go for the large. If not, the medium will suffice.

1.0 out of 5 stars CAUTION: AMAZON SHIPPING FAKE ROCKET AIR BLASTERS, April 26, 2013
Long time user of Giottos blasters. Got a new camera and wanted another medium one. Pulled it out of the box and first thing I noticed was the sticker Giottos uses to seal the package was undone and dirty. Then I pulled the rocket out of the package and BAM was hit with a whiff of horrible rubber smelling compound. None of my other rockets smelled AT ALL! And I've had them in hot bags and everything. This one smells like cooked rubber. Then I compared it to a genuine black medium blaster I bought a year ago, and it is fake. Does not have the inspection sticker on the Nozzle, the mold lines are different, and the smell is just awful.

This was sold and shipped by Amazon, no a third party. So to Amazon, you have a batch of fake rockets. I've already begun the return/ exchange process, but I sincerely hope Amazon that you send me a genuine rocket in exchange.

Not happy.

My 1 star rating is for amazon and to alert people that there are fakes. As a product, these are really, really awesome when you get the genuine one.

buyer beware!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best sensor blower / cleaner, April 26, 2012
I have used this rocket blower for over 6 years now, and have tested other blowers as well. The rocket blower is so good that it has gotten me through owning a canon 20D, 30D, and 40D without ever needing a professional cleaning done. This tools helps you stay on top of dust, the moment a speck shows up on your images, lock your mirror up,. Throw a few puffs of air at the sensor (camera opening faced down, rocket faced upwards, (this way specks of dust fall out of the camera when they become dislodged)) Repeat this step till dust is gone.

I have found the more dust you have the harder it is to remove, so letting dust build up only makes cleaning harder,. the rocket lets you stay one step ahead of the dust, and never needs new parts or chemical refills.

definitely get the medium sized one, the small one has a little less air pressure/flow and that can result in having to do the cleaning over and over again till it finally gets the bit of dust off,. the medium sized one has a good strong, but not to strong gust of air that comes out of it. I have never tested the large one.

Never use compressed air from a compressor (unless it's been regulated down for in camera use, and moisture filtered) or from a spray can this can damage your camera in numerous ways.

I keep my rocket in a zip lock bag, this keeps dust from collecting on the rocket and ending up in my camera.

Never touch the rocket to any part of the internals of your camera, never leave the camera "open" for longer than needed, always put a cap or lenses on the camera, I never leave any of my cameras "open" for longer than 15-30 seconds as the longer its open the more likely new dust will end up inside of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing blows..., April 20, 2011
But in a good way...
Nice little gadget that puts out a good blast of air. A one-way valve in the back keeps it from sucking in any particulates from the snout. It's a bit bigger than I expected so it won't find a permanent home in the camera bag unless I expect to need it in the field.

Effective, and great fun (drove my wife crazy as I couldn't stop squeezing it during our TV viewing last night!). Well constructed, but the dog is fascinated by it, so make sure you keep it out of reach or it won't last two minutes!

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubber is sticky and smells really bad. Possible fake., October 13, 2013
Joe (Encinitas, CA, US) - See all my reviews
I've seen a couple of other reviews mentioning possible fakes. Since this is my first blaster, I have nothing to compare it to, but this does not seem like a legitimate product. The rubber is very sticky and smells really bad. The overall quality is poor. Be aware.

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS FROM AMAZON SELLER (fake), April 30, 2013
i got my first one from different site(BH), but it was holiday and that place was close for fewdays. So i try to order one from amazon. I also heard that there is fake giottos, so i try to get one from amazon seller. When i got my 2nd giottos from amazon i knew it was fake soon as i open the box. The fake one looks like real one but when you feel the rubber it stick to your hand and has this bad smell, which i can still smell it over a year. Also does not blow air powerful as real one do to the different type of rubber. When you also check the real and the fake the fake one does not come with sn sticker on the tip. Since i didn't want to damage my camera i end up getting other one from different site, and using this fake one as just cleaning computer parts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable, convenient air blower at a great price!, April 2, 2011
I purchased this medium-sized rocket blower instead of the Giottos AA1900 Rocket Air Blaster Large (Black), and glad I did. Definitely squeeze this blower several times to get small pieces of factory plastic out first, before using on your expensive camera gear! The blower and spout can be disassembled into two pieces for fitting into small bags, but I would not recommend it. Basically, get this medium-sized one if you are using a small or medium-sized camera bag. If carrying space is not a concern, go with the larger one.

I've had this rocket blower for one full month now, and so far it seems to be built solidly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, July 1, 2010
This air blaster was perfect size for medium camera bag and does the job well for my 450d. Get this if you find the large air blaster to big for your camera bag.

Giottos AA1910 Medium Rocket Air Blaster (6.6)
$15.99 $8.85