5.0 out of 5 stars Giotto camera LCD screen protector
Published on March 18, 2011 by James E. Maynard

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Remove
Bought for my M9. Giotto's glass is clearer than plastic. However, I was using two cameras and the Giotto cracked when they collided. I found removing the glass protector difficult and then even more difficult was removing the glue on my LCD screen without damaging the screen. I am sticking with plastic.
Published 3 months ago by Kathleen J. Kravitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Giotto camera LCD screen protector, March 18, 2011
This review is from: Giottos SP8250 Aegis Multi-coated LCD Screen Protector (Electronics)
After trying a number of screen protectors and found them all to be difficult to apply and impossible to get the air bubbles out, I happened upon the Giotto thin glass protectors. They are made of this special multicoated glass and are easy to to apply and transmit the playback images without any distortion. They are also easily removed by mild heating with a hair dryer blower. I do not hesitate to recommend this product as the best screen protector available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 17, 2013
I bought this years ago when I first got my camera. I was lucky and never dropped my camera until recently. This protector cracked but my camera LCD screen did not. I just bought this again to replace it on my camera. This is a lot cheaper then fixing the LED screen on the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive peace of mind for a Leica M9, November 15, 2011
It's amazing how much better I feel now that this little piece of glass is protecting the screen on my M9. It fits very nicely and more or less disappears when applied. (I was worried that the added thickness would look odd, but the glass is extremely thin, so it's barely noticeable.)

Be sure to take your time cleaning off the screen before applying, and line it up carefully so it doesn't obscure any part of the screen image.

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Remove, April 27, 2014
Kathleen J. Kravitz (Encino, CA United States) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars protecting the screen, October 27, 2013
yakarb (Johannesburg, South Africa) - See all my reviews
I have bought this screen protector for my Leica M-E camera and fitted it to the camera immediately. It works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent protection for my screen, August 16, 2013
I bought this identical screen over 3 years ago for my M9, and it's been through some rough treatment. Amazingly, the thin glass has never broken...until now. My fault: the camera back bumped the table corner. I just ordered another, as this is the screen to have. The glass is tough, scratch-resistant, and optically perfect. The self-stick sealing/mounting system also worked perfectly...not one speck of dust entered! Great precision product!
edit: The new screen arrived in improved packaging. One again, it's a perfect fit on the M9, if you position it very carefully before letting the adhesive do its job. If installed off-center, it may hide some of the camera's display info at the edges. Do this in good light with a steady hand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Giottos seem to be the reliable choice, March 21, 2013
I've bought the cheap protectors, they've lasted less than 1 day, sometimes they didn't survive being put on ... funny. I've had one of these on my camera that lasted fine until I smashed the camera into a rock. It protected the $300 lcd on my pentax from needing replacing, so this is the way to go, it's been reliable.

5.0 out of 5 stars HIghly recommended, September 3, 2011
I've had it for a week and so far I'm delighted with it. It feels pretty tough and I have confidence that it will protect my LCD from scratches. A good buy, and definitely recommended if you have an M9.

5.0 out of 5 stars An inexpensive bit of reassurance, July 2, 2011
It's better than other screen protectors I've seen before. I've always worried about rivets on my jean pockets scratching the LCD when I wear my camera over one shoulder, but this has allayed that fear.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is better than the Monitor Glass, August 3, 2014
This is better than the Monitor Glass, I'm very careful most of the time. But this is the 2nd one for me.

Giottos SP8250 Aegis Multi-coated LCD Screen Protector