Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on October 29, 2009
I agree with Wayne from Florida. This is a great product. It basically saved the LCD screen of my Canon dSLR. The protector cracked when the camera was inadvertantly jammed against something hard in the overhead bin of an aircraft. The old, cracked one came off with gentle blowdrying and was replaced with a new one. Not a scratch on the LCD screen of the camera!!
on June 2, 2014
I bought this screen protector for my 5D Mark II. I put it on and then noticed that it was a little crooked, used hair dryer to slightly warm it up as the other reviewer mentioned and then pushed it into place. I was afraid to order this at first since another reviewer mentioned that it didn't fit their 5D Mark II. I'm not sure if we got the same item because mine came and fits perfectly. I used to have one on my 1D Mark III, dropped the camera, cracked the protector but my 1D LCD screen was still perfect. I know I have to get another one when I purchased my 5D; a little pricey for a piece of glass but cheaper than having to replace your LCD screen and it keeps scratches off your LCD screen too!
on August 8, 2012
Dimension: I applied this screen protector on my Canon 5D Mark II, and it fits perfectly.

Color/Transparency: Unlike other low-end product, this one has more layers and it lets more light to go through. I can't tell the difference with and without this screen protector.

Protection: The build quality is very good. It feels like glass. According to the instruction, it is German glass.

Trick to apply the filter. Take a bright picture (e.g., blue sky) and review it on your camera. It helps to place the protector at a right position. Otherwise, you will need to use a hair dryer to "melt" the clue, which is not a good idea because the camera is temperature sensitive.
on June 7, 2012
This is the second time that I have purchased this product. It does exactly what it is supposed to do, which is protect the lcd panel on the back of the camera. It takes the scratches, the hits and the breaks and protects your LCD panel. This is my second one, because the first one did its job and protected my screen from breaking. It is perfectly clear and does not effect my ability to shoot and preview images. I have used plastic ones in the past and they get damaged too quickly. I will never use my camera without this product.
on October 28, 2012
I noticed a crack in the edge of my Giotto's screen yesterday and was in a panic until I got home, lifted the screen up (with the help of a warm blow dryer), and found a pristine original LCD, protected thanks to the Giotto's. $20 bucks that saved me probably hundreds. I hope everyone gets one of these. Plus it was easy to apply and remove and quite affordable to begin with! Great product.
on October 30, 2011
Carefully installed per instructions. Went on perfectly. Looks high quality, especially as you can see the obvious multi-coating on the glass. It's hard to tell it's not part of the original camers. I fortunately haven't had to impact test it, but it doesn't seem to scuff or scratch easily. If I pickup a backup 5Dm2, I'll definitely get another.
on September 11, 2010
On my Canon 40d, this is a perfect fit. Prior to purchasing the Giottos screen protector, I had a Delkin screen protector, and the seal that held it to the camera left a lot to be desired -- it would let dust and crud inside. With the Giottos screen protector, this has not been a problem at all.
on March 10, 2014
I bought two of these for my Canon 5d and 50d to protect them from further scratching... And I really wish I had bought these when I got the cameras. Easy to install, durable, and don't obstruct the view in any way. I'll definitely be buying these for all cameras I get in the future.
on April 3, 2012
it fits well, if not perfectly, but I feel much better with it on; I don't even notice it anymore, but I know it's there protecting my new screen from scratches and nose grease. :D
on November 21, 2012
This screen protector is SO SEXY! I purchased this protector for my 5D2 and I am extremely satisfied. Previously I had a T3i and I had used a film screen cover where I had to measure the camera screen, cut out the size of the screen, use my little squeegee to get all the tiny annoying bubble out, etc., and even after all that work, there still managed to be bubble or I measured the screen size wrong so I had to pull it back off and redo it again. However with GIOTTO's screen protector, it is a HARD screen. There are no annoying bubbles to squeeze. You just have to make sure you wipe off the dust with the soft cloth that comes in the package, and as accurately as you can, drop the screen onto the camera and press down. I would suggest to do this in an area that has no random wind or lots of dust floating around, and also with a lot of light around you so that you can properly line up the screen to the camera. Honestly, if you think this screen sucks, then you can only blame your shaky hands or poor sense of alignment because this is seriously a sexy screen protector. Once it is on your camera, you can't even tell there is anything on there, it is SO CRISP and SO SLEEK.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse