5.0 out of 5 stars A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost equals a wonderful book
Published on June 12, 2012 by Tam

1.0 out of 5 stars A good option if you have no other options.
Published on January 19, 2013 by Manda

5.0 out of 5 stars A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost equals a wonderful book, June 12, 2012
I loved "In Deep Shitake" and the author, Patricia Mason, sent me a copy of "A Girl, a Guy, and a Ghost." The book is another gem! I love the way Ms. Mason combines mystery, humor, and strong-willed women with hunky men and lets the sparks fly. In this book, Giselle is an author who has a deadline to write a magazine article about a ghost. The problem is Giselle doesn't have a psychic bone in her body and can't find anyone who knows a ghost. A bigger problem, perhaps, is someone wants Giselle dead. Giselle enlists the help of PI Ry Leland, AKA Mr. Scrumptious, Madam Divinity, and a nudist wizard named Armand Kopeleski. Vampire Lester, a real vampire not a poseur vampire, and Vector, a French wannabe suitor, also try to help Giselle. The result is a funny, madcap mystery/love story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read Patricia Mason, December 22, 2011
This book appeals to many readers from the historical fiction, action adventure, comedy and mystery loving readers. Since I like all types this was a perfect combination and read for me! The charm of Savannah, Georgia with ghosts, action, comedy, and romance, what more could you ask for! The colorful characters are as unique as the people of Savannah. I really enjoyed the action and pace of the book and as a fan of the south, Savannah is an ideal location for an enchanting ghost story, romance adventure. Enjoy the read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Got what the description said... Humorous, Romantic and Suspense., February 3, 2013
This review is from: A Girl, A Guy and A Ghost: Humorous Romantic Suspense (Kindle Edition)
Loved it because, it was a light, funny and romantic story. Sometimes I like to read something that isn't depressing. It was an easy read.

1.0 out of 5 stars A good option if you have no other options., January 19, 2013
Before I begin, I'll say that I'm not a fan of the romance genre generally. Though I delve into romance occasionally, it's not my wheelhouse. I am a fan of good contemporary fiction with believable human relationships. And as a writer and a fervent reader of all kinds of books, I come to expect a certain level of mastery and quality from books that people pay money for. Like decent editing. And a plot that isn't disjointed. And likable characters. Let me explain:

This book was in need of a stiff editor. I know sometimes books have problems when converted from paper to electronic, but I don't think this one had that issue. Typos, sentences that were missing words and didn't make sense anyway, quotation marks where none were needed-- and that's just the easy grammar stuff. What about the terrible flow, choppy sentences, and the use of symbols for vulgarities? The only time that should be used is the newspaper... if you're writing a book, commit to the word. Instances of words cut off because they're vulgar and the characters are in public so they choose euphemisms instead are fine.

I mentioned this before, but the flow. It's like the author had three or four ideas and decided to make a soup out of them. Some themes are all but forgotten until--oops, we need to squeeze them back in! It doesn't work. And other things are brought back that aren't relevant. The connection between the protagonist and her love interest is unbelievable, at best. Yes, it's just a book, but people don't connect that way. This book reads like it was written either by a far-reaching teenager who had just read the latest big romance book or a really sheltered housewife who had just done the same.

The character's constant body issues weren't endearing. At one point, during an intimate scene, she panics about having to show off her D-cup breasts because the male partner might think they're too big and gross. Cue eye-roll. I'm pretty sure the majority of men will never, ever scoff at a pair of absolutely normal-sized breasts, especially during an intimate act when that's pretty much the last thing on their mind. Oh no, a size 10 with breasts, how absolutely hideous. What a good way to alienate some readers. Better make sure to mention it constantly.

All of that said, I DID read the book. I didn't toss it aside. It wasn't really until 75% through that all of these issues just compounded into making me realize I was in no way enjoying this book. But at that point, might as well stick it through to the end. The thing is, in the hands of a more masterful writer, this could have been really entertaining. As it is right now? Read it, but you aren't missing much if you don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot, hilarious, and highly entertaining!, May 5, 2013
This hilarious romp through steamy Savannah is unputdowanable. Giselle, a less thsn successful ghost hunter, has a deadline to find a ghost and submit a story for her grumpy, impatient boss or lose her job. Will she find her ghost in time, or will the hunky Ry keep her too distracted to care? Patricia Mason has done it again. A throughly enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, April 29, 2013
I love these types of stories! It has comedy, romance, and mystery in it. I could not stop reading it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get through it., January 2, 2013
Interesting premise but I got bored with the clumsy girl meets cranky guy trope. I don't care how hot a man is he won't keep screaming and glaring at me until I fall in love.

1.0 out of 5 stars Heroine is anything but, December 7, 2012
rab10 "rab10" (Woodland, CA USA) - See all my reviews
The heroine in this story, Giselle, is clumsy, annoying, and pretty much brain-dead. She has lied about her credentials to get a job and now must finish the assignment of finding a haunted house and writing a story in four days. Not only is she not qualified to do the work, she is too stupid to even figure out how to find a haunted house. By the end of the first chapter I was hoping that she would be the victim in this story. By the end of chapter two, I wanted the hero to turn into a serial killer and kill Giselle and most of the other characters in the book before committing suicide. At the end of chapter three, I decided to skip to the final chapter in the hopes that someone would have, please oh please, killed off the heroine. No such luck. I gave up. Hopefully, the author writes another book in which Giselle is gruesomely murdered by the hero. I will buy that one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad language, April 13, 2013
I am a professed prude. But I did not get far into this book before I had to stop reading it because of the bad language. The language does not have to be vulgar for me to reject a book -- just profane. Otherwise, this might have been a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Hunting, naked mediums, and several attempts on her life won't stop this reporter from getting her story!!!, July 28, 2013
Giselle begins her adventure in New Orleans. She works for a Ghost Hunter magazine and must find a ghost, prove he/she exists,write an article and turn it in before Mon deadline. Piece of cake! Her girlfriend, Mary Ellen sends her to a meeting with a man (who is an artist) who has a lead about a ghost. This does not pan out. She then seeks a psychic medium. While with the medium, the crystal ball (which has been in the family for over a hundred years gets broken) and the psychic blames Giselle, of course.
Next logical course, visit a naked, book writing medium to communicate with ghosts. This doesn't work out so well either. The medal the soldier wore was contaminated when Giselle touched it, and the flower box catches fire. Nothing seems to be going her way! Another contact she attempts to use is Vampire Lester.
Someone is now making attempts on Giselle's life. Can't imagine why! Breaking an old crystal ball, setting fire to a medium's house, oh, and mustn't forget the alcoholic tour guide who got upset when Giselle sarcastically harassed her about her lack of knowledge about ghosts and New Orleans history. Someone kidnaps her and throws her into the trunk of a car. She escapes and has to hitch a ride in the back of a pickup with a pig and a dog who seem to live in the back of it. Needless to say, she doesn't smell too good, or look too good when she makes it back to her hotel. Someone tries to drown her using a toilet, and a wild elevator ride.
The things a reporter has to go through to get the story!!! An absolutely side-splitting, hilarious comical look at ghost hunting. Throw in a romance with a very sexy looking PI who keeps getting run into by Giselle (literally) anytime she is anywhere near him and it just keeps getting funnier.