Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on May 5, 2014
I've had it for a week. Already used it at the pool and at the beach. Works well and does exactly as described. No issues with phone to speaker distance or charging.

The sound is way better if you have it hanging around head level or off the ground, just the way it's designed because the speaker faces downward and reflects of the bottom surface. Serves well as background music from around 15-20 ft don't expect it to fuel your party.
on January 16, 2014
My kids really like it! Great for playing music in the yard or next to the pool. No more worries on tripping wires or getting the iphone wet. The speaker sound is decent with good bass. Maybe one of the days I can be motivated enough to get up early and meditate in my garden with some soothing music.

Thinking about getting one more as a gift to my son's daycare class - it'll be a great addition to the outdoor music area.
on January 6, 2015
My husband loves this. He has been wanting a speaker to put out by the pool that would pick up music from our TV from inside the house. Not only does it work great, but is a great price and was extremely easy to program to our TV.
on March 10, 2016
So, as a self proclaimed audiophile my impressions so far, after one week, are that this is a great piece of equipment.

First the cons...if you don't disconnect from the bluetooth connection then nobody else can connect to the speaker. This is a fault but not a deal breaker for me. Second, as someone who likes to really crank music like I do, this falls a bit short. Even so, the volume at max is good enough for smaller outdoor parties and good for personal use. One minor note, there is a silicone cover for where the mini usb power connection is located. This is intended to help with water resistance. However, after one week and using the cover every day to connect it to power, the cover has broken off. Since I live in an area with very low rainfall, this is not a big deal for me but I thought I should mention it for those relying on a more robust water resistance capability.

Pros...the solar power is great. In situations where power is at a premium, this thing really shines. BASS! The thumping capability of this speaker exceeds what you would expect from its size. Quality...it is heavy and the way it is constructed with the speaker pointing down from the top to the base helps to diffuse the sound 360 degrees.

Summary...if you are wondering if this is the right outdoor bluetooth speaker for you, and especially if you are looking for something solar powered, this speaker will not disappoint. For the record, I am a full-time RV'er and power is often my focus.

For $100 or so, I really am happy with this purchase.
on August 19, 2015
I definitely like having the option to either solar charge it or plug it in on foggy days. It does charge with the solar panel while it plays, giving you a sort of extended battery. Sound quality, while not a Bose, is surprisingly good! We take it with us to the pool.
on December 7, 2014
Magnifique! Works like a charm. When I first got the MicroSolar speaker I increased my iPad's volume to its highest position to listen to my music, but regardless, the volume was not high enough. If you have an iPad, you know how high the volume goes...not much at all. It wasn't until I, by curiosity, turned the on/off knob counter-Lock-wise that I got the high volume expected! I make mention of this incident because I read one of the reviews in which the reviewer made a point for his/her not so good review due to the low volume of the speaker. Now you know...USE THE KNOB UNDER THE CAVE. I also like the encasing; easy, lite, and comfy to carry, very chick. So...now I can hear my beautiful music loud and clear anywhere I go, pool parties.. beach parties... solar powered... Genious!. Great purchase!
on March 6, 2015
it look cool , you can take it anywhere, i haven't checked it's resistance to water but i don't need it to be water resistant, the sound is like a normal boom box speaker, for its size its good, the time to arrive is not the long and it's on time, very satisfy , no regrets, it's worth it
on November 18, 2014
We've had ours for about a month and really like it. Downsides are 1-cannot charge phone from it and 2-not waterproof as advertised. Even packaging states water resistant not waterproof.
Now for the upside,. It is water resistant, by it's design, I wouldn't mind putting it on a table near a pool, but probably not on the bow of a small boat.
We charged it initially when it arrived, but solar has kept it going for us. We use it a couple of hours every few days on our patio and generally leave it outside unless bad weather is expected.
It has performed well for us for easy listening but it does not really thump (if you're all about that bass). Good background music provider. The rotating handle makes it very easy to carry, a convenience not many other speakers can boast.
Overall a very good purchase for us and has fulfilled our Bluetooth speaker needs well. If it were shower safe and I could charge my phone with its solar power, I would have given it 5 stars. But it's a good speaker and at less than $ 70 a good value.
on April 5, 2015
Bought last June, loved it. But just took out for this season and it won't charge. I'm very disappointed. Only used a few times. I want to exchange it but even though it's been less than one year, doesn't look like I'm able to.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 8, 2015
This is the most fantastic thing I have ever purchased from Amazon. I was offered hundreds of dollars in Jamaica for it. It is still running strong and I love it as much as the first day I got it!