5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner!!!
Girl Tech has done it again. I love the new color. For girls who love a diary, this one is perfect. I would suggest this one.
Published 19 months ago by Amazongirl

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!
I bought two of these for granddaughters and neither works. You unlock it once and can never get back in, even with the same child speaking over and over again. Very frustrating for children and adults and not inexpensive! Radica Girl Tech Voice Recognition Password Journal
Published 19 months ago by Nancy Ervin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another winner!!!, September 26, 2012
Amazongirl (Sunny Florida) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gift product!, November 26, 2012
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
I purchased this for my great-neice. She LOVED it! She spent all Thanksgiving day playing with it and showing me how it worked. It was so great, my other great-neice asked for one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute color, fun for tween - you can reset it if password forgotten, February 8, 2013
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
I waited a while before purchasing it as the recipient was younger and I wasn't sure it'd be useful. But perfect for tweens - or perhaps older, depending on the child. The turquoise color is really pretty, and it is simple to use, although it is tempted at first blush to try to put an input jack into the microphone 'hole' instead of looking at the top edge of the device for it.

I read elsewhere that people were frustrated that the password, once forgotten or not clearly inputted, made the journal useless or would force someone to basically 'force' it open. However, if you simply remove the batteries and then reinstall them, you can start all over with a fresh attempt to set a new password. (Of course, you might want to be sure not to let your recipient's siblings know this, for that removes that whole aura of a 'password journal' being a 'secure' device in which one could lock away their secrets!

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase, and while the speaker does not rival a BOSE product, it is surprisingly adequate for listening to music - or an audiobook- while enjoying the journal.

4.0 out of 5 stars My 8-year-old is loving it!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
Given some of the negative reviews I was hesitant to buy this but it's what she really wanted for Christmas so I decided to give it a try. It's working great for her and she really loves it. Not sure if the instruction manual explains the hi-low-off button but definitely set it to "low" until the child gets used to saying the password the same each time. And being in a quiet room when setting the passwords and again when initially getting used to saying the password helps. She had a few frustrating moments trying to open it the first day but once I explained about tone of voice, etc, and she practiced I would say it opens for her on the first try about 80-90% of the time and almost always after the second try. You do not need to take the batteries out to get it unlocked if something happens: just use the little reset button on the top right. Short, simple passwords are best (e.g. rainbow, horse.) My one complaint is that the light does not stay on for very long at all but my daughter isn't having a big issue with that - she simply presses the little button to turn it back on again. Now she can be in a room with other people talking and get it to open just fine. She laughs every time her dad or I try to "break in to it" and smiles triumphantly when it will open for her but not us.

4.0 out of 5 stars Password Journal keeps her secrets safe!, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
My 8 yr. old daughter loves it! So glad we spent the money on it! Definitely worth it!!!
Password journal keeps her brother out!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, February 3, 2013
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
I was a little hesitant to buy this because a few people reported problems with the password function, but I decided to take a chance. I'm glad I did because my daughter loves it. She has had no problems with the password. It worked the first time. She loves it that I can say her password, but it will only open for her.

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money!, September 22, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Girl Tech Password Journal, January 1, 2013
Elizabeth Gunnerson (Huntington Beach, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
My 8 year old granddaughter wanted this for Christmas - very badly. She is thrilled with it. She now has an opportunity to write things down and keep them secret which is very enticing to a little girl. Great gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars password journal, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
Haven't opened the package yet as its a birthday gift for 10 year old granddaughter.Shes gonna love it as really wants it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money- taught my daughter a lesson., February 16, 2013
Elizabeth Roguet (MARSHFIELD, MA, US) - See all my reviews
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Girl Tech Password Journal - Turquoise (Toy)
My Daughter bought this toy with her Christmas money. She has been asking for it for 6 months. We ttok it out of the box. Put the batteries in and it didn't work. The door wouldn't close, and when she wrote the button to lock and unlock the journal was under her palm so it continually sounded. She was totally disappointed, abd wasted her Money which was a lesson learned. The next day at the Christmas tree shop i found a beautiful journal for $3 and she has been much happier with that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›