4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but a little difficult to figure out.
I gave this to my granddaughter for Christmas. The Swappin Secrets Diary was the only toy she played with immediately after opening gifts. It was a very fun gift, eventhough a bit difficult to figure out how to use. A good gift for the price.
Published on January 11, 2012 by jal1sews

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay toy, takes a little fiddling to work
My daughter desperately wanted this toy for Christmas. When we first opened it, it did not appear to transfer messages. Many tears ensued and I read the reviews here that confirmed the problem.

HOWEVER, there is a DEMO mode!

Published on January 14, 2011 by Deanna Roy

3.0 out of 5 stars An okay toy, takes a little fiddling to work, January 14, 2011
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)

HOWEVER, there is a DEMO mode!

Only a few days later when we were going to send it back did we see the little white stickers that said, "Press the reset button to exit demo mode." There is NO reference to this in the instruction manual, and since it comes with batteries already, we simply hadn't looked!

Once we did that, the toy worked perfectly. Sure, the sound quality isn't great and five seconds isn't terribly long for your "secret," but my 8-year-old has had great fun with it.

One other point: the instruction manual says to hold the pink button to record and white button to hear messages. That's true for one half, but it's the opposite colors on the other half. Only trial and error got us to figure this out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, but a little difficult to figure out., January 11, 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cute, December 27, 2010
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
Bought this for my 7 year old granddaughter . She loves it she is going to use it with her best friend.
It works well and is really entertaining. Very cute
Idea.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, November 25, 2012
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
My niece was very happy with this and the price was right. So I guess it was a good choice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Silly, but my daughter and her friends seem to like it, February 4, 2011
Rachael (Wynnewood, PA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
This toy is pretty funny in that the girls are just talking to each other through a toy when they are right next to eachother and can say it in person. But, what fun is that? My daughter really does like it and plays with it from time to time.

4.0 out of 5 stars it works good! Just, October 9, 2014
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
Well, it works good! Just, one battery was dead when I got it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 14, 2014
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
Our 10 year old grand-daughter loved it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Juego momentáneo., December 5, 2012
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
Es un juego para un rato nada más. Las niñas al ratito de utilizarlo se aburren y queda en el olvido.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless piece of junk, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
Dont waste your money cant figure out how this thing work my daugher is very very disappointed... its a total waste of money I wish I can send it back but I live in the Caribbean I should be refunded for this

1.0 out of 5 stars A total disappointment!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY!, December 26, 2010
This review is from: Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary (Toy)
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter, and I am bringing it back. It doesn't work and even if it did, it only records 2 words at the most. She could never complete a sentence. The 2 words that it did let her record, we could never get it to transfer to the other heart half. It was such a huge disappointment for her. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Girl Tech Swappin Secrets Diary