5.0 out of 5 stars How would you describe what your girlfriends mean to you?
Published on March 30, 2000 by C. Brooks

2.0 out of 5 stars Girlfriend book
Book is too busy with stories of no interest. Does have some good recipes. Too pricey for teh value of the book.
Published 4 months ago by Barbara

5.0 out of 5 stars How would you describe what your girlfriends mean to you?, March 30, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
I have all of Susan Branch's books, but she has outdone herself this time. All of her books, including this one, are filled with beautiful illustrations and wonderful recipes. Reading this book really makes you think of all the girlfriends you've had in your life, and how each one is so special. You'll remember your best childhood friend and all the silly things you used to do together, as well as those friends you gained as an adult that have stood with you through good times and bad. I purchased three of these books (one for me, one for my oldest and dearest friend, and one for my best friend) and plan to buy them for all of my other girlfriend's birthdays. Women of all ages will love this book. It is a great gift that really expresses why our girlfriends are so important to us. You'll find yourself laughing and crying as you read along. Girls rule!

5.0 out of 5 stars The warmth of true love, May 8, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
It is apparant from opening the cover, that the author is in love with her world and wants everyone to have the same warm feelings about life,nature and family as she sees it. Her genuine warm personality reaches out to all who stop to visit with her in Girlfriends Forever.In a way that makes you forget you are reading a book .....and you soon feel as if you are right there talking with Susan Branch ,the author ,While she is sharing with you some of her intiment life experiences...and the closeness and warmth biulds as you move on .page by page. this is truly a gift of love for a special friend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Susan Branch does it again!, March 25, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
I love Susan Branch's books and I wasn't disappointed by her latest project. This would make a great gift for your best girlfriends. It is a book that celebrates life, love, food and the special friendships that women have.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a treat!, April 17, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
This book is absolutely delightful! I started reading Susan's books about three years ago, and have followed her progress over the years. Her drawings are beautiful, and her writing style is friendly, sunshiney and full of vigor. The recipes in Girlfriends are very tasty, and health-conscious to boot. I was able to talk to Susan in person just last week at a book signing, and she is a beautiful, charming woman with incredible personal style. This book gives you reason to reflect on why you love your girlfriends, how you spend your time with them, and why it's so incredible to be a woman!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is great!, April 22, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
Susan Branch is wonderful. Her illustrations are so fun to look at and marvel over, and her hand written words are so uplifting that you will want to read this book over and over again. It makes a perfect gift for a special friend. I found the various quotes scattered throughout the book very timely and right-on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Girlfriends Forever -A keeper and a giver, May 19, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic. One page can make you cry and the next one brings laughter. It is a delight to read and look at. The recipes are awesome and her ideas are practical and doable. I love Susan and all the great quotes that inspire us girlfriends. You won't regret this purchase and you'll be ordering more for all those women who have touched your heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it for all of your girlfriends -- and for yourself!, May 5, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
The pictures and the handlettering are beautiful. The words are funny and sad and up-lifting and silly and . . . By the time you're through, you'll feel as if YOU'RE one of Susan Branch's girlfriends -- or that she's one of yours. Share this book with your girlfriends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Girlfriends Forever, April 5, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
Great Book/Cookbook! I ordered four -- one for myself, three additional books to give as Easter Holiday/Birthday/'Just Because' gifts. Great recipes; charming folklore.

5.0 out of 5 stars She did everything I should have done!, October 3, 2001
Madison (Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
This latest book celebrates the eternal bond of best friends. Oh, how I wish I had had her gumption to do the "wild things" she did (seems mighty tame by today's standards!). Again, a celebration! There is nothing more valuable than true friendship. This book delves into Susan's antics and also, shares some recipes that are actually "good for you" !?!?!? Susan has a way of reaching out and touching a familiar cord - you know - been there, done that or, I always wanted to do that!
A wonderful gift. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read!, August 9, 2000
This review is from: Girlfriends Forever (Hardcover)
What a joy to read this book! There is something wonderful for every "girlfriend" in this book. It encompasses young and old. I connected with many things in this book (I'm 30) and I gave it to my mom for Mothers Day. She absolutely loved it! I had a chance to meet Susan Branch at a book signing for this book and I was priveledged to share with her my thoughts about this book and all of hers I own. She was such a joy to talk with if only for a brief moment. My copy has a special message to me and will always be treasured and definataly re-read over the years! Give this to all your "girlfriends"! They will love it!

Girlfriends Forever
Girlfriends Forever by Susan Branch (Hardcover - April 1, 2000)
Used & New from: $0.01