5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book
Published 17 months ago by Book Lover

2.0 out of 5 stars OK book, not sure the age group they are going for
I bought this for my daughter to spark her interest in what women of the world have done. I read it and the examples were ok but really not very interesting. My daughter had trouble making a connection to women selected.
Published 9 months ago by CarmelbytheCornfield

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Girls Who Rocked the World: Heroines from Joan of Arc to Mother Teresa (Paperback)
What a way to share the beginning story of many influential women. Great empowering book for the all ages. My daughter and I share this book, and I've learned new things I hadn't originally hadn't studied in school. This has been our go to for gift giving! My daughter shared this during class, and we found more girls purchasing the book because of this enlightened experience.it's a must get book for girls and boys

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought 4 moore, May 26, 2014
I found this book in our library and enjoyed it so much I bought copies for my granddaughters who are all teens or preteens. Perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book. Empowering for young girls., October 26, 2013
I bought this book for my daughter. She loved it so much, I bought it for my nieces. It's now my go to birthday gift for her friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars We're using this for Women's history month, March 9, 2014
We bought this book so that we could read about girls who changed the world during Women's history month. We read a chapter each night at dinner to our two daughters and so far the whole family is enjoying it. Great book for helping girls realize what they can do!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational and fascinating, January 8, 2014
Lots of information given in a simple interesting way. I liked the illustrations because they made the women appear nice and friendly and approachable.

I bought this book for my daughter so she would be inspired and know that women can do great things.

This book was not boring and kept her interest.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK book, not sure the age group they are going for, March 5, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, November 23, 2014
I love this book! I got it just out of curiosity, it was in my suggested books (I don't really know why but it intrigued me), so I got it. I am now planning on buying copies for all my nieces. I figured it would have queens and maybe Joan of Arc or something, like most 'famous women' books I've seen, however it has loads of women and girls through history that did some amazing things. Like freeing their countries from invaders or creating medications and all kinds of cool stuff. I have really enjoyed reading about all of them and I know my nieces will too. I recommend this to anyone who wants their daughters to know they can be anything they want and have them look up to something other than a Disney princess (nothing against Disney, those stories just aren't realistic or motivating to my opinion).

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book to motivate kids, September 5, 2013
This book consists of great stories about girls who persevere through adversity to greatness. Very motivational for boys and girls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, October 24, 2014
Truly fun and very informative and interesting.

Thank you.

Jeanne

5.0 out of 5 stars Great inspiration for young girls!, April 1, 2013
Great intro for women's studies for girls and boys alike. Interesting stories, easy read and a good message. The complimentary book, Boys Who Rocked The World is also a great read.

Girls Who Rocked the World: Heroines from Joan of Arc to Mother Teresa
Girls Who Rocked the World: Heroines from Joan of Arc to Mother Teresa by Michelle Roehm McCann (Paperback - October 30, 2012)
$10.99 $8.64
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.