Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on July 17, 2013
What a way to share the beginning story of many influential women. Great empowering book for the all ages. My daughter and I share this book, and I've learned new things I hadn't originally hadn't studied in school. This has been our go to for gift giving! My daughter shared this during class, and we found more girls purchasing the book because of this enlightened experience.it's a must get book for girls and boys
on November 23, 2014
I love this book! I got it just out of curiosity, it was in my suggested books (I don't really know why but it intrigued me), so I got it. I am now planning on buying copies for all my nieces. I figured it would have queens and maybe Joan of Arc or something, like most 'famous women' books I've seen, however it has loads of women and girls through history that did some amazing things. Like freeing their countries from invaders or creating medications and all kinds of cool stuff. I have really enjoyed reading about all of them and I know my nieces will too. I recommend this to anyone who wants their daughters to know they can be anything they want and have them look up to something other than a Disney princess (nothing against Disney, those stories just aren't realistic or motivating to my opinion).
on March 9, 2014
We bought this book so that we could read about girls who changed the world during Women's history month. We read a chapter each night at dinner to our two daughters and so far the whole family is enjoying it. Great book for helping girls realize what they can do!
on May 26, 2014
I found this book in our library and enjoyed it so much I bought copies for my granddaughters who are all teens or preteens. Perfect!
on April 17, 2015
I absolutely LOVED this book and my ten and thirteen year old daughters do too. I really appreciated that there is a wide selection of ladies represented from all over the world, including many cultures that are often overlooked. For examples, there are women represented as warrior queens, scholars, poets, physicists, artists, musicians, fossil hunters, nurses, abolitionists, suffragettes, ballerina, fashion designers, agriculturalists, politicians, missionaries, writers, journalists, activists, architects, etc... It is strong mix of creative arts , scientific, anthropological and other fields.

There are some women included that frequently are topics of biographies, such as Helen Keller, Joan of Ar, and Harriet Tubman. There are many that are many much more obscure, but equally fascinating topics: The Night Witches, Phillis Wheatley, Bessie Smith, and Sarah Bernhardt, for example. There are also recent/current ladies included in the volume such as: Natalie Portman, S.E. Hinton & Temple Grandin.

I highly recommend.
on January 8, 2014
Lots of information given in a simple interesting way. I liked the illustrations because they made the women appear nice and friendly and approachable.

I bought this book for my daughter so she would be inspired and know that women can do great things.

This book was not boring and kept her interest.
on October 26, 2013
I bought this book for my daughter. She loved it so much, I bought it for my nieces. It's now my go to birthday gift for her friends.
on January 22, 2016
Wonderful book for young girls. all three of my granddaughters have used this book for both school assignments and just the pleasure of reading. The stories are short but contain a lot of information. I've had this book for a while now and it seems that someone is always reading it. Great that you can have one book with so much information in it. I would recommend this for all young girls.
on April 11, 2016
Love this book for my daughter! We are using for History lessons and study a specific period in life of the person the story is about. Coco Chanel, we studied about life and fashion in early 1900s and what it would have been like for an orphan in France. We studied the Chanel suit, and her mark on fashion. For each person, we can study the time period and how their life influenced history.
on April 3, 2015
This is a great book and my eight year old daughter is excited to learn about women who rocked history!