5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!
The helmet performs exactly as described. It's extremely lightweight. Perfect for people who like myself, don't really want to wear a helmet in the first place. The many vents allow great airflow. And I can usually scratch my head without having to take the helmet off.
Published on October 18, 2010 by Lisa

2.0 out of 5 stars problems with fit
This is my second Giro helmet - I also have an atmos that I wear regularly.

First off, the helmet is crazy light. If you're into saving weight, then this is the helmet for you. It literally feels like nothing on your head after a little while.

Published on March 4, 2011 by Hengyi Hu

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars problems with fit, March 4, 2011
Hengyi Hu (New York City) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
This is my second Giro helmet - I also have an atmos that I wear regularly.

In the month that I've had this helmet, I was never able to get it to fit correctly. The retention system (or lack of) does not let you adjust the tightness so there ends up being two pressure points around your temple. I found that cutting the padding near your temple, and leaving only the ones in the front of the helmet, helps with this issue. Also, when I tried the helmet at the store, even though I have a 22" head, a recommended "medium" size helmet was way too tight. A large was also fairly tight, but much more bearable. The helmet buckle does feel cheap, but I'm guessing it is that way to save weight. But even that is forgivable.

I really wished there was a way to adjust the rear elastic "giro" band that pushes your head forward into the helmet that creates these pressure points.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, October 18, 2010

4.0 out of 5 stars Giro Prolight, August 17, 2010
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
For the amount of money I spent on this helmet, I expected a much more bulletproof chin strap system. The one I had on the last less expensive giro helmet was much better. Yes, this one is light, but there are virtually no micro adjustments for strap.It either fits TOO Tight, or TOO LOOSE. I assume TOO Tight is better, but it often borders on ice cream headache when warm out.It doesn't give me much confidence even when this tight. I should have purchased the well proven and just as expensive Ionis.I didn't research the strap enough to know what I wasn't getting in the Giro Prolight. Don't make the same error i did. If you're a serious rider, or racer, I would worry about going down in this helmet. The strap would fail.

3.0 out of 5 stars very light, very minimal retention system, December 4, 2011
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
true to their word, this helmet is very light. however, this is achieved by replacing the usual adjustable rear strap and side buckles with fixed connections and elastic (instead of the usual webbing) straps. i bought this replace a friend's crash damaged giro ionos (giro's crash replacement policy isn't exactly a great deal), but she decided that the ionos did it's job quite well and this prolight seemed too different, functionally. so i returned this and she got another ionos...

4.0 out of 5 stars lightweight minimalist bicycle helmet, November 8, 2011
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
This helmet is very light compared to others in the same price range (about 30% lighter than average). When you look inside the helmet, you can tell how they did it. There is very little padding inside. The neck straps are thinner and less adjustable than on other helmets. The harness in the back is much simpler than what Giro usually uses. And the sizing runs small. My size 7.5 (hat size) head fits in to other size large Giro helmets with room to spare, but barely squeezes in to this one.

If you're a competitive bicyclist and every ounce counts, then this helmet may be an easy way for you to drop a few ounces. I think most recreational cyclists would rather have a more comfortable helmet, though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Too bad Giro discontinued this model, December 19, 2012
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
When I took a bad fall and broke my wrist (the bike is OK, thank goodness), I also hit my head, hard. The Giro Prolight did exactly what it was designed to do — absorbed the impact and cracked — while my head didn't sustain so much as a scratch. I initially bought the Prolight on Amazon because it was the lightest helmet on the market, and I immediately ordered a second from Amazon when I found one listed at half price from Bikewagon. The seller immediately shipped my order Priority Mail, and I received it in just three business days. Great price, outstanding service. I will purchase from Bikewagon any time I get the chance.

Now if only my wrist would heal so I can get back on the bike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Light but solid, June 19, 2013
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
I've already had a minor wreck on my triathlon bike and the helmet securely protected my head from getting banged up. It looks great and gets compliments wherever I go, is light, aero shaped, and definitely functional. It has my stamp of approval, I highly recommend the Giro Prolight , despite the high price tag.

2.0 out of 5 stars Return Item, July 13, 2012
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
The moment I tried it on was not digging the strap system used on this helmet. Straps were not allowing for helmet to fit snug on my head. Other than that the helmet was very sharp looking and light but I did not wear it at all for a ride. I just simply sent it back. It may fit just fine for other riders but was just not my style.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!!!, February 3, 2012
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
The Giro Prolight is an amazing helmet. It has just the right amount of vent with an incredibly light feel. I would recommend it to anyone. As a side note the price is much easier to handle because it is now an older model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best helmet ever!!!, July 17, 2011
This review is from: Giro Prolight Bike Helmet (Sports)
The helmet is really great. I have the giro livestrong but this one is really light and the strap fits perfectly. Very comfortable on long rides. All and all great buy great helmet!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›